Fabio Borini

.Cee

Sigh.

Probably true so good luck Fabio.

Chelsea + youngsters = headaches (well, for those who think about the future generation).

The club really needs to step their game up when it comes to the youth.

Can't do much when the youth aren't good enough (di Santo, Sahar, Sinclair), when they demand starting roles (Stoch) or when they refuse to sign new contracts (Kakuta, Borini).

I feel sorry for this generation of youth because they know much chances won't come. What they don't realise is they're a stepping stone in our youth development progress. Right now the attraction for young stars to come to Chelsea is minimal, they've seen the lack of chances we give compared to ManUtd or even Arsenal. Hence why, when usually given a choice, we're not so high up on a young star's dream. However with the progress that's being made, seeing youth come into the team making their impacts can only benefit the appeal of this club to young players.

This thread's title implies that his career could be over when his Chelsea career is in dange, better fix it before someone thinks we've got another Hutchinson.

that's actually what i thought :cry:

anyway i like borini and that's why i won't be mad if he left because let's face it he would have been just another bench warmer here but he might turn into a real star if he goes somewhere else .

i bet carlo will put a 35 years old anelka playing with some disease like malaria ahead of borini .

Aparently he wants to stay, but is only being offered a 1 year deal.

I hope we do not lose him because he is a quality goalscorer, only time will tell though.We are not helping ourselves though, we are not signing big name players so we can bring through the youngsters but then we are not getting our best youngsters to sign into new deals either.

• 3 weeks later...

His agent :

'The boy is disappointed by the behaviour of Chelsea, which put him out of the squad despite the excellent things he did last season.'

He went on further to add that the Italian striker remained positive about staying in England.

'Ancelotti has great respect for him, and this affects a lot. He would return with pleasure to Italy but it is not necessary yet.'

'The boy grew up in England and he loves English football. We will evaluate the offers that will come but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in the Premier League.'

Aparently he wants to stay, but is only being offered a 1 year deal.

I hope we do not lose him because he is a quality goalscorer, only time will tell though.We are not helping ourselves though, we are not signing big name players so we can bring through the youngsters but then we are not getting our best youngsters to sign into new deals either.

Yeah apparently they offered him and Kakuta the same deal after the Euro's and they both rejected it. They must have bumped up Kakuta's, but with the lack of chances Borini's getting, will it be the same for him?

• 3 weeks later...

Look like this is the end for Borini :(

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sell striker Fabio Borini to Parma, according to reports in Italy.

Borini, 19, has spent three years working his way through the ranks at Stamford Bridge but has failed to make an impression on the first team.

It has been reported in Italy that the deal is all but done and Borini will arrive in Italy in the next few days to being training with his new team-mates.

Former Chelsea star Hernan Crespo is currently Parma's top scorer with seven Serie A goals so far this season.

But Parma have only scored a further 12 goals between them and it is hoped Borini can help ease the burden on the 35-year-old Argentinean.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/4374/2/chelsea-agree-sale-young-striker-parma

Look like this is the end for Borini :(

Not surprising really. But isn't he injured atm? The link says he'll begin training with them in a few days.

Shame, could be a big loss for us. Having a goal poacher like him could have given us a different dimension.