Stevan Jovetic

the wes

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not a real striker, so why the hell would we sign him? Be serious guys... Is he even better than Schuurle as num 9? i don't think.

He is best suited to play in the hole, so in the Mata role. And we don't have enough people to play there... wait!

I know there's the 'he's not a pure striker' talk which goes on, and I agree for the most part when the talk is that he's not the blueprint striker we should look for, but was Zola a pure striker? No. Messi? No. Totti? No. Del Piero? No. I could go on and on. But all of them did occupy a striker role at one point or another; Totti & Messi doing so as lone strikers with the others usually acting as support strikers.

Jovetic is a lethal finisher, incredible dribbler, even a decent playmaker. I'd never go into a season thinking "Right, Jovetic is the main guy up front for us!" (Lukaku would be my preferred option) but he would be perfectly capable of playing as a striker, really, if we wanted him to. He reminds me of Suarez in a way you know. Watch a couple vids of him, do some research, and you should see what I'm getting at. He'd also offer us the chance to play with 2 strikers up top some games. Lukaku - Jovetic would be a huge upgrade on the highly successful Toni - Jovetic partnership which Fiorentina used to great affect last season.

Literally the only concern regarding him is his fitness.

He's still being linked to Juve though more than any other team. Jovetic, Tevez and Llorente would be a rather decent stockpile of strikers wouldn't it?

I think he is very much like Rooney/Ibra/Rvp/Aguero/Tevez/Suarez type of striker who can also create not just score goals...he can play in CAM/SS but he is still top finisher and why couldnt he play in front?

HoWever we dont realy need him, he is young and w already have Lukaku. Should sign Rooney/Ibra if they are available.

I can almost definitely see this transfer happening due to the arrivals of Tevez at Juve and soon Higuan to Arsenal. Who knows he has the potential to do great things here linking up with Mata and Eden.

Really don't think he is good enough to be our no1 striker, by the look of thing he is a poor man Suarez, very similar player but he is not as clinical in front of goal and his history with injury is not good either. £25m seems too much of a risk for a player like him.

Man City is about to complete this signing next week at the latest apparently. Will cost 27m euros with 3m euros in bonus and add on...etc. Personally I think he is worth £15-£20m max, but again overpaying a little is not that bad for a player with his potential. The problem is he seem to be injury prone, I think he sat out more than a year with a serious injury a couple of years ago. Still good signing for them to accommodate Aguero and Dzeko.

Any Top english team has at least 1 world class striker...

Except of us...

Or in City's case, 2 soon to be 3. And the fans are still happy to go into the new season with Ba, Torres and Lukaku. Lukaku is just like Chicharito who is bench warming at MU and fans are happy he is ready to be our main striker. Then when talk of signing Ibra, Rooney most of the people are spoiled and thinking we don't need them when in reality we don't have that luxury of top class strikers available to us.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You