blueboy9

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't really expect India to collapse like that! :P

And, we beat England after 5 years, so delighted :D Now to repeat it in the next match and level the series! :P

Have to hand it to you, your bowlers were fantastic in the third test. Although I am very happy with Cook's return to form, he's had a below-par summer and I fully expect him to push on from here. A half century against you in the first innings of the last test and I'll be a happy chappy!

Ah yes Simon Jones. Always bagged me a hatful of wickets on EA Cricket 05 and 07 :P

Can't believe how shit we've been batting. The umpiring yesterday was third rate and the news channels are going on and on about it being a 'conspiracy'. Makes me laugh. Just gotta admit we were shit and move on. The match vs New Zealand is a virtual semi-final now.

I'm one f the few who hate T20s. Gimme Tests all day long.

i am with you on that..to me what Beach Football is to Football,20twenty is to cricket...i guess it get`s new fans introduced to the game,but Test matches and Test Series are by far the best test of how good a nation is at Cricket..and well..i just love the twists and turns of a good 5 day game,in a one day game or a T20 game, a bad half hour and you`ve probably lost the game,i prefer a longer drawn out battle..get the munchies in and chill out for the next couple of days infront of the TV..well when i`m off work..also to me if you aint playing in white you aint playing cricket.

Guys what happened to Simon Jones?! I haven't seen him since 2005 in that great Ashes series! He was an amazing swing bowler!

he was a brilliant bowler full stop really..but sadly he had a very bad knee injury not long after that series..he came back for Glamorgan after a long lay off but re-injured himself..got fit..re-injured himself and so on..was released by Glamorgan a couple of years ago ,now plays for Worcester..

Talent wise he would still probably be our best bowler..but i don`t think he`ll ever play for England again..his knees just can`t seem to hold up for any decent length of time to be considered for all the international matches we play each year...such a shame.

Certainly disagree with you on T20... to me it's like Masters Football/Five-a-Side if you're going to much such an analogy! Attacking bowling, attacking batting... much more enjoyable then seeing six straight maiden overs IMO.

I used to like them 3 years back. They were a refreshing change from the ODI format which had become too dragged out. After India won the 2007 T20 World Cup, the media here went ballistic and the people were crazy about it. Then the IPL started next year and that just ruined it tbh. It's insane the amount of T20s they play these days. The IPL gave us folks here such an overdose of it that I began hating the format. Tests were always my first love. I used to play for the varsity at state level and let me tell you, everyone who has played Tests will say they are the real deal. I think we will eventually see the ODIs disappear with just Tests and T20s left.

never though i`d see a 9th man score 169 more runs than KP..Trott was brilliant too...that first innings was crazy stuff..at 102-7 Pakistan must have thought we were there for the kill,now it`s finished at 446 all out..Pakistan are really gonna struggle to even draw it..their heads must be shot now like when a footie team goes 2-0 up before going 3-2 down.