blueboy9

Lord's next and i would drop Jadeja for Ashwin.
Binny to keep his place and bat at Jadeja's place. Anderson and Broad have left handers for lunch and Binny showed better technique than Jadeja.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inevitable draw. Simon Kerrigan called up for the second test. Not quite sure who would be dropped for him though, think all the bowlers have done okay. Absolutely pointless taking Stokes or Plunkett out after 1 or 2 tests.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/content/current/story/760267.html

:cry:

Thank you, Mahela. He's my favourite cricketer and his 72 at the SCG in 2012 is the best innings I've seen in the flesh (competition being Sachin Tendulkar moving like a snail from about 200 to 241 not out at the SCG in 2004, and then Justin Langer smashing a century on the same day). Jayawardene, for all the criticism directed towards him (poor away record, occasional outbursts of Ricky Ponting-esque cuntishness on the field), is a fantastically entertaining and graceful batsman. And he's our best ever captain and slips fielder, too - not only that, but he is the captain right now, even though Angelo Mathews walks out to toss the coin, Mahela calls all the shots tactically. He will be a huge loss.

I can't see Sangakkara continuing on for much longer in test cricket with the imminent retirement of his great friend. With Kallis and Smith having retired this year and Chanderpaul surely soon to follow, we are truly at the end of an era. None of the greats of the 90s and 00s will be around in a couple of years time, and that's pretty sad as those guys were childhood heroes.

97716.2.jpg

Here is everybody who is still active as an international that made their first international appearance in 2001 or earlier:

Australia

GB Hogg 1996

Bangladesh

Mohammad Ashraful 2001 (banned recently for match fixing, probably won't play cricket again internationally)

Mashrafe Mortaza 2001

England

None

India

Z Khan 2000

Yuvraj Singh 2000

New Zealand

KD Mills 2001

Pakistan

Shahid Afridi 1996

Abdul Razzaq 1996

Younis Khan 2000

Misbah-ul-Haq 2001

South Africa

JH Kallis 1995

Sri Lanka

DPMD Jayawardene 1997

HMRKB Herath 1999

KC Sangakkara 2000

West Indies

S Chanderpaul 1994

CH Gayle 1999

MN Samuels 2000

Zimbabwe

H Masakadza 2001

I can't see any of them, except Masakadza, Mortaza, Samuels and Gayle; still playing in 2016. But then, you never know. The forever sixteen year old Shahid Afridi will probably get into the Pakistani T20 squad in 2030, still trying to slog every ball all the way to Islamabad.

Thank you, Mahela. He's my favourite cricketer and his 72 at the SCG in 2012 is the best innings I've seen in the flesh (competition being Sachin Tendulkar moving like a snail from about 200 to 241 not out at the SCG in 2004, and then Justin Langer smashing a century on the same day). Jayawardene, for all the criticism directed towards him (poor away record, occasional outbursts of Ricky Ponting-esque cuntishness on the field), is a fantastically entertaining and graceful batsman. And he's our best ever captain and slips fielder, too - not only that, but he is the captain right now, even though Angelo Mathews walks out to toss the coin, Mahela calls all the shots tactically. He will be a huge loss.

I can't see Sangakkara continuing on for much longer in test cricket with the imminent retirement of his great friend. With Kallis and Smith having retired this year and Chanderpaul surely soon to follow, we are truly at the end of an era. None of the greats of the 90s and 00s will be around in a couple of years time, and that's pretty sad as those guys were childhood heroes.

97716.2.jpg

Snail like it might have been but that Sydney double will forever be one of Tendulkar's greatest innings because he completely cut out all off side shots. They were getting him out regularly, he decided to do something about it and executed it beautifully.

97716.2.jpg

Snail like it might have been but that Sydney double will forever be one of Tendulkar's greatest innings because he completely cut out all off side shots. They were getting him out regularly, he decided to do something about it and executed it beautifully.