Nemanja Matic

the wes

Chelsea want to send Serbians Nemanja Matic and Slobodan Rajkovic out on loan before the transfer window closes.

Midfielder Matic, who is 6ft 4iin tall and 22-years-old has made only three substitute appearances for the Blues since arriving from Slovakian side MFK Kosice a year ago and needs match practice.

And Chelsea are also looking for a home for defender Rajkovic, who is said to interest Fulham but has spent his entire Blues career away from the club - playing at PSV Eindhoven and FC Twente in Holland so far.

"We have to find a solution for some players to give them a loan, above all the young players,” said manager Carlo Ancelotti.

"Rajkovic, maybe Matic. We are trying to find a solution with them.”

-----------------------------------------

Source:- TalkSport

-----------------------------------------

This article contains quotes, so I hope it won't be deleted as an unreliable source.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is getting first team football, why not? Honestly...then it can pave way for well, McEeachran to come in...!

the 3 midfield spaces can be filled by:

1. Lampard

2. Essien

3. Mikel

4. Ramires

5. Benayoun

6. Malouda

7. Josh McEachran ?

because of his age and experience I would put him ahead of Josh

the work permit rules surrounding football are just silly and should be abolished..is not like teams would be bringing benefit spongers over here ,but people who will be able to buy their house,car etc anything they need....but to get back on topic..i too am confused about Rajkovic,thought he was a free agent..perhaps with Hutch`s sad departure they decided to give him an extension afterall, behind the scenes.

Matic i hope would stay with us or atleast go to another premiership team on-loan..i`m sure he would become a regular starter for teams atleast in the second half of the table if not the likes of Everton,Villa etc...you could argue that oh he`s young and needs exposure..but he has played over 100 games at the pro level and on the few occassions he has played for us in his first year,he did look comfortable in the first team....loan deals should only be for players who have never played first team Pro football before and would benefit from the exposure...not already reasonably established players like Matic,Mancienne,Cork etc..

i would be happier about it i guess if i knew what Carlo`s plans for our midfield entail and what formation we will play...i`ve been thinking for a while that Zhirkov may be destined to play more often for us in midfield in the future than at LB..with the rise of Van Aanholt on the few occassions when Ash needs to be rested, he would be able to fill the hole admirably..so maybe that has something to do with it.

people seem to forget about Yuri ,,,he could have a much better second season as malouda did

indeed.

he is yet to have a bad game for us really IMHO

Just injuries and lack of oppurtunities that have held him back from being more in the minds of the Chelsea fan base so far i think and with him,i see his most played in position for us in the future as on the left side of either a CM in a diamond or a 3 man midfield,with Van Aanholt as i said earlier our back up Left back and Malouda going back to his more advanced role in our front 3.

he`s too good to be behind a player like Ash who would give him very little oppurtunities to play barring injury..that`s what i think really..Lampard,Essien,Ramires,Mikel and Zhirkov with McEachran and the other young midfielders in our academy to be blooded in over time. looks a pretty feckin` awesome group of midfielders to me..

Matic is very much a part of our long term future,i believe but it appears that Carlo feels his time is not just yet.

i will be delighted when the transfer window closes to be honest...i just want to see who is in the 25 for this season and get behind them rather than all this who`s coming,who`s going business..

i would have personally kept him around but if he`s not currently in Carlo`s plans for the 25 or more precisely one of the 17 non-homegrown players he has gotta name by the 1st September,then i understand why they looking to send him out on loan...i`d consider keeping him and then giving him a year in the reserves so that he can get more playing time with the kind of players he could be playing with in the 1st team in the near future,but that doesn`t seem to be what they want to do. ideally he would go to another premiership side but they got their 17 non-homegrown players limit too so that is undoubtedly gonna make the chances of that happening slimmer..maybe teams like Vitesse are well below the limit at present..

. What happened to our relationship with PSV Eindhoven?

i`m not sure mate, but since we finally got Alex,and at the same time loaned Rajkovic to them..after Rajkovic`s season loan with them that seems like the last time we done business with them...if memory serves me correctly, PSV wanted to loan him out for another season but due to him not having many 1st team opportunities CFC declined that...maybe there was a falling out over that situation..

that link didnt work

Works fine for me. Here's what it says

Chelsea have rejected a formal tie-up with Dutch side PSV Eindhoven and also turned down a bid for Stamford Bridge youngster Jeffrey Bruma.

The Blues sent Brazilian defender Alex to PSV for three years over work permit fears in 2004 and also struck a deal for Arjen Robben in the same year when the star forward looked set for a move to Manchester United.

Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen is a former assistant coach at the Philips Stadion, while former Stamford Bridge boss Guus Hiddink encourage closer links with the team he won six Eredivisie titles.

However, current PSV coach Fred Rutten has failed to clinch an affiliation that would see young players move between the two clubs.

Chelsea are reported to be unimpressed with the talent coming through in Eindhoven and see little value in sending their own players to a team who won't play Champions League football next season.

Rutten was keen to take 18-year-old centre back Bruma on loan for next season but admits: 'We have no chance because he is getting a chance in the Chelsea first team.'

Carlo Ancelotti is keen to give some of his youngsters more first-team experience next season and former Feyenoord youngster Bruma has recently been tipped for a Holland call-up despite his lack of experience.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You