Best LP album?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite LP LP?

• Hybrid Theory
    • Meteora
    • Minutes to Midnight
    • A Thousand Suns
    • Living Things

So you dislike rap, yet listen to Linkin Park, even right down to Hybrid Theory they've always had a 'rap vibe' to them. Fort Minor is good, but he's nowhere near a better lyricist than the rappers you were discrediting. Ironic really..

Yes, what's your point...I don't like Rap unless it's a part of Nu Metal or some other type of music I like.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I've added a poll to see which is our collective favourite LP album. I think Hybrid Theory is their best album, but my favourite is ATS. Love it).

What would be your all-time Linkin Park 'best of', if you had to make a 15-track greatest hits compilation? I've tried to make mine an even spread from all their albums...

1. Papercut
  2. Place For My Head
  3. One Step Closer
  4. Don't Stay
  5. Faint
  6. Numb/Encore
  7. Given Up
  8. Bleed It Out
  9. What I've Done
  10. New Divide
  11. Blackout
  12. Wretches and Kings
  13. Waiting for the End
  14. Lies/Greed/Misery
  15. Lost in the Echo

1. Papercut
  2. Place For My Head
  3. One Step Closer
  4. Easier to run
  5. Faint
  6. Numb/Encore
  7. Given Up
  8. Crawling
  9. What I've Done
  10. New Divide
  11. Blackout
  12. Burn it Down
  13. Breaking the Habit
  14. The Catalyst
  15. In the End

Bonus Tracks: Hit The Floor & Iridescent.

BOSS

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? Just listened to it and it sounds nothing like from Meteora.

Listen to Lies/Greed/Misery in-between Lying from You, Hit the Floor and Nobody's Listening and tell me it doesn't fit.

Yes, what's your point...I don't like Rap unless it's a part of Nu Metal or some other type of music I like.

Rap is rap (emceeing/spitting/rhyming), if you like Linkin Park then you're really deluding yourself with this supposed hatred.

Get a sense of perspective ffs. :rolleyes:

I must say that it is Linkin Park, along with Rage Against the Machine, that have got me into rap and hip-hop. Because of LP I listen to artists like Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Nas, Kanye West, etc. I prefer rock music indefinitely, but I must say I like to break up my listening experiences with some occasional hip-hop or rap.

Indeed, the basic components are all there.

Anyone who likes/listens to the artists you've listed, yet proclaims to 'HATE' rap, is the most deluded & utterly clueless person.

Rap is rap (emceeing/spitting/rhyming), if you like Linkin Park then you're really deluding yourself with this supposed hatred.

Get a sense of perspective ffs. :rolleyes:

If I don't like Rap, I don't like Rap. Why can't you accept that there are some people in the world who don't like your type of music? It seems your the one who is lacking perspective if you can't see that simple fact. Plus If we trace this argument back to where it first began, I said I don't like Rap. I never said it is just outright Crap or anything and that anyone who listens to it is stupid. Then you chimed in and started this whole argument in a very immature way and acting like a butthurt fanboy :rolleyes:. You really need to stop replying to my posts feeling threatened trying to defend Rap and attacking my opinion. Very childish and myopic. Anyone who can't see that Rap is not the be all and end all is a very deluded and clueless creature.

P.S I wish there was a block button. It's very frustrating talking to brick walls like TerminatorX. They just keep ignoring everything you said, put words in your mouth, continue with deluded and childish arguments etc...<_<

If I don't like Rap, I don't like Rap.

Illogical.

If you like Linkin Park.. then you like rap, as I've already alluded to. The argument that because the 'sound' (metal) isn't typically associated with rap, means it isn't rap, is flawed. The basic components are there, just like in a Nas or Jay-Z track there are rock/metal/dubstep/jazz samples. If the lyricism is in 'MC'/rhyme form and delivered by a rapper (Fort Minor) then it is essentially 'rap'.

Illogical.

If you like Linkin Park.. then you like rap, as I've already alluded to. The argument that because the 'sound' (metal) isn't typically associated with rap, means it isn't rap, is flawed. The basic components are there, just like in a Nas or Jay-Z track there are rock/metal/dubstep/jazz samples. If the lyricism is in 'MC'/rhyme form and delivered by a rapper (Fort Minor) then it is essentially 'rap'.

I like versions of Rap (Rap in Nu Metal), I'll give you that. However most of it, especially mainstream Rap, I don't like. Let's leave it at that and NEVER revive this argument again.

This is the 3rd time I'm diffusing this argument, so don't start it up again otherwise expect a complaint coming your way. We shouldn't even be arguing, we're both fucking Chelsea fans... <_<

I like versions of Rap (Rap in Nu Metal), I'll give you that. However most of it, especially mainstream Rap, I don't like. Let's leave it at that and NEVER revive this argument again.

This is the 3rd time I'm diffusing this argument, so don't start it up again otherwise expect a complaint coming your way. We shouldn't even be arguing, we're both fucking Chelsea fans...

Good.. you dislike 'mainstream' rap, so do I. Hate the stuff, which is why I only listen to wordsmiths who stimulate the mind.

Complain if you wish, nothing will come of it. In future, before spouting things like 'I hate rap', consider the irony of being a Linkin Park fan.

Good.. you dislike 'mainstream' rap, so do I. Hate the stuff, which is why I only listen to wordsmiths who stimulate the mind.

Complain if you wish, nothing will come of it. In future, before spouting things like 'I hate rap', consider the irony of being a Linkin Park fan.

You just have to have the last word don't you? <_< Anyway at least we agree on SOMETHING...

I used to love both rap and rock, which my friends found very weird. I still listen to Eminem and Dr. Dre sometimes but I stopped following the new songs because I find the repetitive electronic music very annoying.

My top 10 LP songs would be:

1. A Place For My Head

2. Crawling

3. Faint

4. Breaking the Habit

5. Numb

6. Somewhere I belong

7. Don't Stay

8. In The End

9. Hit The Floor

10. Given Up

I can't believe all of you have ignored songs like Dedicated, Nobody's Listening, Points of Authority, From the Inside and Lying From You. I suppose you can take those songs as my list then.

nope, still can't hear it

Really? It definitely has Meteora undertones to me :D

I can't believe all of you have ignored songs like Dedicated, Nobody's Listening, Points of Authority, From the Inside and Lying From You. I suppose you can take those songs as my list then.

I could have put the whole of Hybrid Theory but I just chose my favourite 2/3 from each album. You'll notice I didn't put In The End, either.

Really? It definitely has Meteora undertones to me :D

I could have put the whole of Hybrid Theory but I just chose my favourite 2/3 from each album. You'll notice I didn't put In The End, either.

It most certainly has. I haven't been really paying attention to their recent albums, but some of the latest songs like "In my remains" and "Lost in the echo" bring back memories.