• Meteora
    • Minutes to Midnight
    • A Thousand Suns
    • Living Things

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought A Thousand Suns was just a one off, just to try something new and get it out of their system but I didn't expect them to continue with that style and turn into a Pop-ish group :(

the old linkin park was much better. Burn it down is still good though

I'd say New Divide was their last 'great' song.

Agreed, their previous album was awful. I like their first three albums a lot but A Thousand Suns was a huge disappointment and I didn't even bother listening to it more than once. No idea about this new album though, let's hope it's an improvement over the last one.

Agreed, their previous album was awful. I like their first three albums a lot but A Thousand Suns was a huge disappointment and I didn't even bother listening to it more than once. No idea about this new album though, let's hope it's an improvement over the last one.

When's there new Album out? And What's it called?

When's there new Album out? And What's it called?

I suppose it's called Living Things and it's out in a week or so.

edit: Apparently out today, like Only blue said.

Just listened a couple of songs from the new album and based on those a description "A Thousand Suns 2.0" is close enough. :no:

Okay, maybe a little better but still nowhere near the standards of Hybrid Theory, Meteora or Minutes to Midnight. I can only hope there's at least a couple of decent songs in the whole album.

A Thousand Suns was one of there best albums you nutters, the lyrics in it had great meaning and the songs had great impact. All the music was crafted and had a nuclear theme, because the album was about a nuclear war, what could be very close. And the title was from a quote off a tyrant or something.

Still though it was a great album.

I finished listening to this one it wasn't that good i'll be honest, i'll give it more time but i know it's there worst one.

1. Hybrid Theory

2. Meteora

3. A Thousand Suns

4. Minutes to Midnight

5. Living Things

Just listened a couple of songs from the new album and based on those a description "A Thousand Suns 2.0" is close enough. :no:

Okay, maybe a little better but still nowhere near the standards of Hybrid Theory, Meteora or Minutes to Midnight. I can only hope there's at least a couple of decent songs in the whole album.

A Thousand Suns was a great album.

Shinoda ruined this album for me, he had too many of his own tracks like he did on MTM. He is in it more than Chester honest to god. The first half of the album is good but then it gets dissapointing.

A Thousand Suns was one of there best albums you nutters, the lyrics in it had great meaning and the songs had great impact. All the music was crafted and had a nuclear theme, because the album was about a nuclear war, what could be very close. And the title was from a quote off a tyrant or something.

Still though it was a great album.

I finished listening to this one it wasn't that good i'll be honest, i'll give it more time but i know it's there worst one.

1. Hybrid Theory

2. Meteora

3. A Thousand Suns

4. Minutes to Midnight

5. Living Things

After listening intensively to all LP albums (listened to Living Things 7 times so far, so I'm not fully done with evaluating it) and tbh I think A Thousand Suns was their weakest album. It is good, no doubt about it, but there's something missing imo. I've never really had the feeling it was complete, as it feels like I miss something that I can't seem to find.

My current personal ranking (I hate these kind of things...):

1. Minutes to Midnight

2. Hybrid Theory

3. Meteora

4. Living Things

5. A Thousand Suns

I listened to the whole thing. Victimized was the best song on the album because it was the song that was most similar to there old stuff. A couple of the other songs were decent too. It is an improvement over A Thousand Suns but all in all I am dissapointed. It's shocking to see how much they have changed...One of the comments I saw was that Linkin Park has 'Matured' and 'grown up as a band'. I tend to agree and I can't see them ever going back to their old stuff. Get used to thier new stuff...R.I.P Linkin Park

Maybe the songs had great lyrics and meaning but as music it was shite and not what I would have expected of Linkin Park. They could have at least made it sound like the LP we know with actually playing the music with real instruments like before and not just make some electronic shit with loads of bass in the background. You do know that having great lyrics don't rule out making great music too?

After listening intensively to all LP albums (listened to Living Things 7 times so far, so I'm not fully done with evaluating it) and tbh I think A Thousand Suns was their weakest album. It is good, no doubt about it, but there's something missing imo. I've never really had the feeling it was complete, as it feels like I miss something that I can't seem to find.

My current personal ranking (I hate these kind of things...):

1. Minutes to Midnight

2. Hybrid Theory

3. Meteora

4. Living Things

5. A Thousand Suns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Duhq5oCp0

this is a fucking master piece mate. All there songs on that album are class, the only one i'm not to keen on is iridecent, that's a bit too weak but it's good when you're feeling down.

When they come for me is also an epic track, i also love the part when Chester comes into it. Then they have all sorts of good inter tracks on it what are very good sounds. I thought it was an epic album.

And of course the most underrated song of all time

This just had everything, the singing, the guiltar... and see for me, techno can be an art, i hate the average techno like house party shite like basehunter and all that bollocks and trash, but then you get the sort of techno like The Catalyst, what is just fucking amazing, now that's art. That's the type of apocalyptic music you need for the album, it just all fitted well and the lyrics are amazing, the whole band just shout the same words but it's so good how they do it.

People just listen to the album and be ignorant and not even give it a chance they just say ''oh it's not like there first two albums, i thought they would come back from minutes to midnight, fuck this''.

Maybe the songs had great lyrics and meaning but as music it was shite and not what I would have expected of Linkin Park. They could have at least made it sound like the LP we know with actually playing the music with real instruments like before and not just make some electronic shit with loads of bass in the background. You do know that having great lyrics don't rule out making great music too?

It wasn't shite at all, the music was some of the best stuff they've done. For once Linkin Park had a meaning in an album and stuck at it, The Catalyst is a masterpiece to music it has an apocalyptic sound aswell as the rest of the album does. They didn't have stupid electronic shit at all, they had some weak tracks what where good like Iridescent and Robot Boy but both of them where still good tracks with good music. Tell me one track what has bad music on A Thousand Suns, because i disagree with what you're getting at.

Listen to the Catalyst, all the music opens up perfectly, Shinoda in the car giving the warning then the bass tunes in and then bam it all collides, then the techno hits then that great guiltar gets kicking.