Aesthetic Relic
Followers 0

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheva To Join Milan Tomorrow

Chelsea striker Andrei Shevchenko will complete his return to Milan tomorrow in a one-year loan deal, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

This Rossoneri have been having something of a forward crisis in recent weeks as Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato are away on Olympic duty with Brazil, Kaka is recovering from a knee operation, Marco Borriello is injured, while Pippo Inzaghi is only just working his way back to full fitness.

With the 18-year-old Alberto Paloschi the only other striker option, Milan have been forced to go back into the market for a frontman, and over recent days they have been quietly working on a deal to bring Andriy Shevchenko back to the club.

Roman Abramovich and Silvio Berlusconi held a decisive meeting last Thursday, which took place at Villa Certosa in Sardinia, where they came to an agreement which will see Shevchenko move to San Siro on loan.

The transfer is likely to be completed tomorrow, or Friday at the very latest, and Chelsea will also pay €6.5m of the player’s wages.

Shevchenko, who is surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge, and was not called up for the first game of the season against Portsmouth on Sunday, is set to be handed the number 76 shirt, after the year of his birth.

The 32-year-old had seven brilliant seasons with Milan from 1999 to 2006, scoring 127 goals in just 208 games, before moving to Chelsea in 2006 for a whopping €45m.

However, he has had two dreadful years in the English capital, and is well known to be desperate to move back to Italy.

Source: Goal

Will be interesting too see if this actually happens, but it doesnt seem that scolari has sheva in his plans so this could be true

Interesting if he is gonna leave the only place i'd like to see him go is Milan as he is a legend there

i agree with you, he deserves the best where ever he ends up, he tries so hard with everything he does, look at him for two seasons he has trained his ass off to get a starting place at Chelsea and when he finally hits some form he gets an injury that puts him out for a long spell.. if he goes back to milan i hope he gets a starting position with them and bags alot of goals :)

The BBC have made a story of Sheva being on the brink of a move to Milan as one of their main stories, so I believe there is a lot of substance to it this time round.

Fingers crossed it is either permanent, or they are going to pay a substansial amount of the wages.

Rumour is that we are going to be paying 90% of his wages.

Absolutely ridiculous. Who makes these decisions for f**k sake?

90% jeez thats ridiculous, i think if he goes its should be on a permanent deal, considering we are looking for a new striker and kenyon has apprently just flown out to madrid to try and sign robinho

Edited by STEV3O

I'd rather just allow him to go on a free and cut him out of our wage bill than pay 90% of his wages for him to play for another club.

The following season, the same will happen, and he'll see out the remainder of his contract like Crespo did.

It's a joke.

I'd rather just allow him to go on a free and cut him out of our wage bill than pay 90% of his wages for him to play for another club.

The following season, the same will happen, and he'll see out the remainder of his contract like Crespo did.

It's a joke.

it is a joke, and look shev might not of hit his prime in a Chelsea shirt but i still think he has alot to give at another club. we should not be the ones having to pay for his salary if he is not even playing he should be going to a club where he can actually earn his money..

Shame. Worked his fucking arse off - he only scored 22 goals but so many of them were important - goals against Spurs, Valencia and Villa stick out in the memory. I don't want to see him go because I still have faith in him, but I'd rather see him leave altogether than go out on loan.

22 goals, but only 9 in 49 league games.

The stick he gets from the media is deserved.

yes if you look at it like that, look we did buy him to score goals i know but he has tried really hard and at the end of the day if hes not delivering its time for him to move on

I really want Sheva to prove everyone wrong but with injuries and stuff, he cant ever get going. But I really want him to salvage what is left of his career. He tried his best but I want him to do well, and if that means leaving than so be it. :( :(

He was in top form at the turn of the year and it would be a shame if he's not given more of a chance.

45 minutes of good football does not count as 'top form'.

He was amazing against Villa, but it was by no means going to be the turning point for him.

22 goals, but only 9 in 49 league games.

The stick he gets from the media is deserved.

Don't agree with that, maybe if he wasnt trying but he really does work his arse off so alot of the stick is not deserved