Ricardo Quaresma

James

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should of give him more of a chance he showed some potential but was never really given a chance to shine. Hopefully he can go somewhere else where he can gain some of his confidence back.

We would have given him a chance to shine, but that was the point that Florent Malouda was beginning to familiarise himself with some good form. With him on the left wing, and Anelka on the right wing, obviously it was clear Drogba needed to start up front every game, unfortunately there wasn't enough room for Quaresma, which is a big shame to be honest. Actually, I would have expected Hiddink to chop and chance him and Malouda around in games.

Edited by CJ Revo

He should've been given a little more time on the pitch in my opinion. He's a good player on his day, and he should've been given more of an opportunity to show his worth, but like others have said, Malouda found some form, and you couldn't possibly drop him the way he was playing towards the back end of the season.

• 6 months later...

i don't know why Chelsea has never give a chance to the young talent why ? they must trust them just have a look at other teams

Cristiano ronaldo, cesc faregas, higunian, aguero, torres, pato, Ashley young, benzema, lennon,

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with You all. He was a good move, but with not chance given at all, only one good match with Hull, and that bench or off the squad. Whe he arrived on Stamford Bridge, there was a hope i rough time, that we will achive something, becouse he could making a diffrence. Good chance to buy and rise on Blue exellent player was vanished...pitty.

• 1 year later...

Do you think Quaresma would be the sort of player we could rely on right now? I liked him when he was here, he barely was given a chance by Hiddink, though, unfortunately. It makes me think if we could have got him for a cut-price fee, he might have turned into a really good player for the club. Admittedly he is a little self-indulgent but he has great technical ability.

I thought this was bumped becasue of the armed robbery thing:

"We confirm that on Jan. 10, at around 0130 GMT, we received a complaint from Ricardo Quaresma saying he had been a victim of the theft of items worth 80,000 euros ($101,300),"

Anyways, what's the different between him and Ronaldo attitude wise? What made Ronaldo so big was that he was nourished and given time with a patient manager. IMO Quaresma was THE most talented player in the world, he was better regarded than Ronaldo at Lisbon first too. When Quaresma joined Barca he had 22 games, lots from the bench. 1 season and he was off to Porto, the culimation of his career. It's just such a shame and a waste. When he joined I was so happy too. In his little games he did show some brilliance too. He's still a player I do admire though and always will.

Do you think Quaresma would be the sort of player we could rely on right now? I liked him when he was here, he barely was given a chance by Hiddink, though, unfortunately. It makes me think if we could have got him for a cut-price fee, he might have turned into a really good player for the club. Admittedly he is a little self-indulgent but he has great technical ability.

I felt we could have used him much more when he was here.