8. Enzo Fernandez

ZAPHOD2319

35 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Cannot agree more!

Nigel De Jong reveals words to Howard Webb which helped ...

still gutted Robben did not score on that breakaway

the poor Dutchies, what heartbreaks they have had at the WC

the footballing powerhouses (and this includes over the entire sweep of the WC) that have not won a WC

Netherlands

Portugal

Croatia (most amazing ultra small footballing nation ever, and just think if they were part of a re-united Yugoslavia team, see below)

Sweden (4 top 4 WC finishes, we should have won in 1994, as we had Brasil on the ropes, and we showed our class in the 3rd place game, plus we almost won in 1958, would have if not for a certain 17yo Brasilian who ended up the greatest player ever, lol) now we may well never come close again though, who knows, maybe if there is a crazy global war and we take in 2 million or more refugees, like we did from 1996 to 2016, lol)

Hungary (REALLY should have won in 1954)

Belgium

Czechoslovakia (doesn't exist anymore)

c9847f9af1c41bd795b8aacf3d81c947.png

that is it in terms of still current or historical powerhouses (the Soviet Union poofed over 30 years ago, so did Yugoslavia (my dog what teams they would have if 100 per cent reunited again, they have had, if you count the counties that made them up and then one they did themselves, FIVE top 4 WC finishes) and then Denmark and Poland had spells of dominance, but nothing like the other teams listed, same for Chile and Colombia, and no African nation qualifies, sorry Africa

Edited by Vesper

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think he could have if he/Betts really wanted too. Cavani gave up his number 7 for CR7 after the season has started.

He may have to wear a different number in the UCL though crazy as it sounds. I remember when Carroll and Mkhi joined Pool and Arsenal respectively they had to wear a different number in Europe as their one was "cup tied" by the previous occupants.

Utd had to get special dispensation for it I think. Not sure if we’ll be requesting the same for Enzo.

Ronaldo obviously a huge brand as much as anything else so having the number 7 essential to him and his brand.

Think your right for the cup tied numbers though. 

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

De Jong more technically gifted. 

Probably. At least when carrying the ball.

Enzo is physically stronger, better defensively, better vision and passing range tho.

I think overall Enzo is the better fit for us. Not sure de jong would b e good solution for the pivot in PL.

I know we 'paid' for Kovacic a year later, but this is the first new, permanent signing in our first team midfield since Kova and Jorginho. 4 and a half years ago and 4 managers later.

I find it incredible that we'd overlooked this department of the team for so long, hoping to see Kante staying fit for a full season, or Loftus-Cheek being reborn.

A top midfielder can have a transformative impact on a team. I do believe we've just signed one for the long term of this club.

Just now, Superblue said:

I know we 'paid' for Kovacic a year later, but this is the first new, permanent signing in our first team midfield since Kova and Jorginho. 4 and a half years ago and 4 managers later.

I find it incredible that we'd overlooked this department of the team for so long, hoping to see Kante staying fit for a full season, or Loftus-Cheek being reborn.

A top midfielder can have a transformative impact on a team. I do believe we've just signed one for the long term of this club.

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

Song makes me want to learn Spanish 

when Messi finally retires

Enzo is likely (he is now second, after Messi of course) to be the number one Argie player

and the biggest marketing/seller active player (Messi and Maradona of course will be 1 and 2 or 2 and 1)