Joao Felix

ZAPHOD2319

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Possible Pulisic makeweight.

Pulisic playing with a manager like Simeone?   I highly doubt that.  

We're better off asking Eddie Howe for a favor, he seems to like his wingers (Fraser at Bournemouth, Gordon at Newcastle etc)

On 14/02/2023 at 10:10, NikkiCFC said:

Atletico is deluded if they want same type of money they paid 3 and a half seasons ago.  80m is fair price. 

It's like us asking 80m for Havertz in the summer. 

Difference is... Felix has potential to improve in the right tactical setup.   

Bit of a difference from Havertz who has just looked bang average at Chelsea.   Even Werner had more about his game than Havertz, probably the reason why Leipzig agreed to take him back

42 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Bit of a difference from Havertz who has just looked bang average at Chelsea.  

Same with Felix in Atletico. 

Don't see much difference tbh. Both looked amazing in Benfica and Bayer and didn't reach expectations in Chelsea and Atletico. In fact, you may argue Havertz did more with winning CL, scoring in the final... 

Same Atletico sold Griezmann for 120m to Barca and got him back for peanuts because he flopped in Barcelona. I also think Felix flopped there due Simeone and system but that's not the point, they absolutely have no logic to expect anything close to what they paid. 

You used Werner as example and same thing happened with him. Leipzig got him back for half price what we paid them. 

Also I'm sure Havertz would score for fun in Bayern for example. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

I'm starting to wonder where this Nkunku deal fits in with Felix. It's widely reported and assumed that Nkunku is a done deal but I'm surprised then that it hasn't yet been announced to happen in the summer (i.e. like Pulisic was a few years back), or knowing the FFP rules coming in why we didn't try to do the deal in January and loan him back a little bit like Gusto so the deal was completed under the old FFP rules.

I think a deal may well be in place, but I'm not so sure whether its actually been signed off. Or perhaps Nkunku has provisionally agreed but there's a caveat to the deal regarding whether we qualify for the Champions League next season.

I cannot see a situation where we're buying both Felix and Nkunku for the summer at somewhere in the region of £150m combined for essentially the same position both will be eyeing up in the team.

Was this Felix loan actually made with that in mind - to help make a decision on him or Nkunku for the summer?

On 10/01/2023 at 09:41, Fernando said:

Not excited. My expectations are those of Higuain, Morata and lukaku. 

I thinking his performance will fare on those type of players. 

I have been very wrong. 

Show's how much I know about transfer. 

In the end it seems the January transfer window was the best we done in a while. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Fantastic footballer who opponents are genuinely concerned about whenever he gets on the ball. 

Finishing isn’t where it needs to be but everything else is great. We NEED to keep him.

We actually haven't had a player like this since Hazard. 

Definitely worth paying big for him in the summer. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2023 at 12:29, Superblue said:

I'm starting to wonder where this Nkunku deal fits in with Felix. It's widely reported and assumed that Nkunku is a done deal but I'm surprised then that it hasn't yet been announced to happen in the summer (i.e. like Pulisic was a few years back), or knowing the FFP rules coming in why we didn't try to do the deal in January and loan him back a little bit like Gusto so the deal was completed under the old FFP rules.

I think a deal may well be in place, but I'm not so sure whether its actually been signed off. Or perhaps Nkunku has provisionally agreed but there's a caveat to the deal regarding whether we qualify for the Champions League next season.

I cannot see a situation where we're buying both Felix and Nkunku for the summer at somewhere in the region of £150m combined for essentially the same position both will be eyeing up in the team.

Was this Felix loan actually made with that in mind - to help make a decision on him or Nkunku for the summer?

I've believed since September that the Nkunku deal is sealed, and have speculated previously about why the transfer has not been formally announced. We don't know however, so we'll see what we see on June 1st, or thereabouts.

If Felix turns out to be an effective contributor to the team, then it would be an incredible luxury to have both him and Nkunku in the squad. I agree with you though that it's hard to see the club choosing to afford that luxury.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've believed since September that the Nkunku deal is sealed, and have speculated previously about why the transfer has not been formally announced. We don't know however, so we'll see what we see on June 1st, or thereabouts.

If Felix turns out to be an effective contributor to the team, then it would be an incredible luxury to have both him and Nkunku in the squad. I agree with you though that it's hard to see the club choosing to afford that luxury.

especially if Felix's price is in the £85-90m range

So far he's kind of what he's always been. Flashes but too erratic and turnover prone. 

No one on Portugal or AM ever doubted his talent, just seems to have shoddy decision making far too often. 

For his price tag I would rather overpay for a proper CF this summer instead, but Boehly will probably just end up overpaying to keep him anyways. 

Some nice wee bits in his short time here so far but also a lot of frustration in terms of end product.

Needs to add a clinical edge to his game or he won’t be a top top player, be it for us, Atletico or wherever he ends up as well as for Portugal.

Simple as that.