Joao Felix

ZAPHOD2319

My verdict on the Felix transfer.

It's not good, it's necessary.

We have too many injuries to cope.

Adding him certainly won't takes us backwards (unless he takes away time from players like DDF)., and he won't hang around if he's a dud.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Was Saul being sarcastic ?? Lol

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Saul said he was treated really well while at Chelsea. It didn't work out for him but he was given his chances to play.

Yeah I even noticed on Twitter a while ago Saul posted a pic of him watching a Chelsea game and was cheering the team on so I'm guessing he's genuinely glad of having had that experience even if it didn't work out for him on the pitch.

Always seemed a likeable bloke too, he was just a bit shit at playing football nowadays.

Edited by Jype

33 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

My verdict on the Felix transfer.

It's not good, it's necessary.

We have too many injuries to cope.

Adding him certainly won't takes us backwards (unless he takes away time from players like DDF)., and he won't hang around if he's a dud.

Ofc its needed. People who say otherwise are delusional. Broja, Pulisic, Sterling injured, Ziyech, Havertz, Mount shit af, Felix ist probably our best forward rn and thats before he played a single minute. He just cant be worse than the named. 

Edited by Gundalf

As I said, guaranteed to fail here. Did not think it would become obvious this easy. it is not even bc he is not good enough. He clearly is a baller and technically a notch above Kai and Mount but just as Atletico we are not capable to get the ball into the final third consistently enough for him to make a difference.

Economically the whole deal looks even more ridiculous now he sits out 15% of his 23m deal anyway.

Some nice touches in the game but an absolute brainfart moment.

I mean honestly, what was he thinking? I get trying to win the ball back but jesus christ, you don’t need to be that clever to know that you cannot tackle like that in any European league.

Now he has 3 PL games to sit out and we’re back to square 1. 

Positive surprise. Putting on good game, actually looking like a breath of fresh air, topping off with straight red… Introduced himself kool-aid style.

In a stale and depressed team, entering and taking the door with you seems like a good thing. And was it really a straight red? He got late and unlucky.

21 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Positive surprise. Putting on good game, actually looking like a breath of fresh air, topping off with straight red… Introduced himself kool-aid style.

In a stale and depressed team, entering and taking the door with you seems like a good thing. And was it really a straight red? He got late and unlucky.

Course it was a straight red lol if that was a Fulham player you would be screaming for red 

41 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

The guys played in Portugal, Spain and all over internationally, he knows its a red card as soon as he makes the challenge late.

Even Stevie Wonder would of seen that as a red card. I mean look how high he was and the force. Unlucky? I am beginning to worry for some of you.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

The guys played in Portugal, Spain and all over internationally, he knows its a red card as soon as he makes the challenge late.

Even Stevie Wonder would of seen that as a red card. I mean look how high he was and the force. Unlucky? I am beginning to worry for some of you.

Unlucky, as he was late af. I've seen some brutal tackles, however this one was one of the slowest, uninspired and pointless I've seen in a long time and it's unlucky to get red in such a dumb situation.