Joao Felix

ZAPHOD2319

43 minutes ago, DDA said:

I just can't be excited about a player/club using us as some sort of a holiday resort whilst simultaneously pulling our pants down and ramming 15n plus up our backsides.

I am hopeful that if Joao shows he can play in the PL, he is going to want to stay. Simone is rumored to be leaving at the end of the year. This has the possibility of working for us to get him permanently. 

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Not sure what's worse this or 98m Lukaku. Its almost like the club is desperate to launder money.

Felix can control and dribble a football. Automatic Improvement on Lukaku.

20 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I am hopeful that if Joao shows he can play in the PL, he is going to want to stay. Simone is rumored to be leaving at the end of the year. This has the possibility of working for us to get him permanently. 

If anything Simeone leaving would probably make him more likely to stay at Atletico, right? It's public knowledge Felix and Simeone had a falling out and that's why Felix wants to leave. With a new manager coming in and no buy option included in the loan deal, the next coach could just say he rates Felix and wants him to stay.

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Not excited. My expectations are those of Higuain, Morata and lukaku. 

I thinking his performance will fare on those type of players. 

Yeah, we're lucky if he even matches Higuain's record for the club. During the half season loan Higuain scored 5 in the PL and considering Felix' goal record throughout his career for Benfica, Atletico and Portugal national team I doubt he'll score more than that with the 20 or so games left in our season. He would need to totally hit the ground running and find his Benfica mojo back which I think is very unlikely to happen given our team's recent struggles and Felix' own stagnation over the last few years.

More than happy to be proven wrong but not convinced by this deal at all. Even if he's a big success we're unlikely to have him next season.

11 minutes ago, Jype said:

If anything Simeone leaving would probably make him more likely to stay at Atletico, right? It's public knowledge Felix and Simeone had a falling out and that's why Felix wants to leave. With a new manager coming in and no buy option included in the loan deal, the next coach could just say he rates Felix and wants him to stay.

Yeah, we're lucky if he even matches Higuain's record for the club. During the half season loan Higuain scored 5 in the PL and considering Felix' goal record throughout his career for Benfica, Atletico and Portugal national team I doubt he'll score more than that with the 20 or so games left in our season. He would need to totally hit the ground running and find his Benfica mojo back which I think is very unlikely to happen given our team's recent struggles and Felix' own stagnation over the last few years.

More than happy to be proven wrong but not convinced by this deal at all. Even if he's a big success we're unlikely to have him next season.

As a player, I would think he would prefer to stay at a place he is doing well and enjoys London, rather than going back and rolling the dice with a new manager and a new system? People usually want to hold on to a situation that is good. If he bombs here, it really will not make a difference.

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pretty sure hes not even done a medical yet. Bit premature opening a thread no? 

This deal is unjinxable. If he failed the medical, half the fan base will celebrate. If he passes the medical, the other half will celebrate.