5. Benoit Badiashile

ZAPHOD2319

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

leaving out Enzo after we binned Jorginho would be even crazier than leaving out Badiashile

My reasoning is I take my chances against BVB, then put faith in getting Kante back to reduce the loss of Enzo to a small degree at least. It's clearly a massive risk, and a million kilometres away from where we'd want to be, but the limitations force hard decisions. I agree with all you say, but this is the risk I would choose to take.

17 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think, if used correctly, Mudryck offers something unique within this squad, so I would certainly want him in the CL list. As for the cost of Felix, I'd treat it as a nil item. Unless there are specific clauses we will probably never learn about, his fee and wages have to be paid whether he features in the CL or not.

I can accept Mudryk in and Felix out

but neither Enzo and Badi out

its ripping apart the spine of the team leaving both out

litterally, if you look at the team in a back 4

the spine is

GK

CB

CB

DMF

AMF

CF

so if you take them out

the spine is 83.33 per cent spineless (well lets say 75 per cent, as I will give Kepa half a spine, lol)

GK Kepa half fucked

KK all fucked

Thiago the ONLY 100 per cent to the good good part of the spine

DMF (if no Kante nor Zakaria due to injuries) then who the hell knows, Gallagher? LOLOLOL 100 per cent fucked

AMF Mount or Ziyech both well fucked

CF we have ZERO on the CL roster, so its either Kai or Felix or some super shitty sham false nine (as opposed to the great Sham 69, lolol) so CF is actually negative point, not just zero

Edited by Vesper

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If I've written my post in such a way as to allow it to be understood I would choose to leave both Enzo and Badi out then I should have worded it differently. Under no circumstances would I consider that.

My priority additions to the CL list are Mudryck and Badiashile. Thereafter I would select Ezno, leaving Felix off the list. If, however, the situation you speculated about was in force, and it was contractually necessary to select Felix, then I would choose to omit Enzo instead. In all cases three of the four make the squad, and two of the three are Badiashile and Mudryck.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If I've written my post in such a way as to allow it to be understood I would choose to leave both Enzo and Badi out then I should have worded it differently. Under no circumstances would I consider that.

My priority additions to the CL list are Mudryck and Badiashile. Thereafter I would select Ezno, leaving Felix off the list. If, however, the situation you speculated about was in force, and it was contractually necessary to select Felix, then I would choose to omit Enzo instead. In all cases three of the four make the squad, and two of the three are Badiashile and Mudryck.

I knew you did not mean leave both Enzo and Badi out

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I knew you did not mean leave both Enzo and Badi out

OK, it was the, "it's ripping apart the spine of the team leaving them both out", line which gave me that impression.

30 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

OK, it was the, "it's ripping apart the spine of the team leaving them both out", line which gave me that impression.

I can see that, lol

I was unclear as well

we just disagree as you would give up one (Enzo it seems) and I would give up neither, and instead I would have only one of either Mudryk or Felix on the CL roster (I say Felix, and laid out why, but its not 100 per cent make or break for me on that choice)

• 2 weeks later...

He has been good in defense but I thought his passing was not that great like Silva in the last game. 

He might be a wall but his partner after Silva is gone would should a good passer. 

Edited by Fernando

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

He has been good in defense but I thought his passing was not that great like Silva in the last game. 

He might be a wall but his partner after Silva is gone would should a good passer. 

Yeah, he is trying - but definitely not at Silva levels or even Rudiger for that matter.

Good thing is he is good and confident enough with the ball at his feet. Which to me is a big positive. 

But yes passing needs to improve. With all teams trying to press from the front foot, we are screwed if our CBs can't pass out from the back.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...