Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

ZAPHOD2319

This will be the real test. ManUre are in better form and are strong where we are weak. K2 will struggle big time with Antony, who likes to shoot from distance which is Kepa's kryptonite. Also I doubt they will let us have the middle like teams usually do. We need to use or chances this time. We know the ref is not gonna do us any favours, so we can not have wasting 10 chances like we usually do vs them.

Also what is worrying is that we should have conceded 3-4 goals by xG in each of the last few games but thanks to Kepa have not. You can never be sure that this streak keeps on bc honestly, our defence has been quite shaky esp the left side with K2 and Cucurella/Chilly has been quite suspect.

After this game we will know where we stand. Our recent results felt a bit flukey with how weak Milan was, the red and pen, the two Mings assists, Giroud, Toney and all Villa players missing guilt edged chances. ManUre on the other hand have won the last game without even needing their usual refereeing assistance and were defensively quite resilient. I hate to say it but for the first time in over half a decade I feel they are on our level again. Desperately have to beat them or at least not lose otherwise the conclusion would probably be that the team got a motivation boost due to new manager honeymoon phase and now has just returned to being toothless and frustrating like most of 2022.

I fear our midfield or should I say lack of it, no midfield defenders, no creative players, no attacking midfielders.

Kante out for the long haul, got to get rid of, RLC just don't cut it for me, Gallagher still too green, and wtf is wrong with Zakaria?

We have to rely on the crab and Kovacic.

And I echo Reddish-Blues comment, wtf is Havertz's role? he brings absolutely fuck all to the table.\

Then add to that our forward line, strikers misfiring, Sterling running into blind alleys and missing more than he scores, I never wanted him here in the first place.

I fear for this game.

Edited by bigbluewillie

The last league win vs United was in 2017 - that Morata header. We've been favorites for most of the games since then (bar the season opener when Lampard took over) and have not managed a single win. Hoping the team turns up the intensity from the last two performances tonight.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

The last league win vs United was in 2017 - that Morata header. We've been favorites for most of the games since then (bar the season opener when Lampard took over) and have not managed a single win. Hoping the team turns up the intensity from the last two performances tonight.

To be fair, they tend to turn up against us.  Would not be surprised one bit if Rashford is the match winner for them.  Just feels like that type of game without Reece on that flank. 

14 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I don't have high hopes for this one. 

I think this is where we start going down in performance. Well it actually started with the last game. 

After this we have 3 league games left till the break..seeing as we miss most of dodgy December maybe it's coming early to make up for lost time...

Hopefully can get something. Not expecting a win but a point? Something. Not to lose ground on those above..