AC Milan 0 - 2 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we do not have Citeh's players

if we tried to play like them we would get shredded on the counter

and we DID create a lot of good chances in the 2nd half

it wasn't like we purely parked the bus

OK will agree to disagree. 

I'm not saying we should play like City.

Feels like every time there an otherwise fantastic night these days it’s soured somewhat by an injury to a hugely important player. 😔

As for the rest of the game, perfectly executed and comfortable control of the game when they lost a man. Strangled the life out of the game basically and passed them to death. 

Could've and should’ve scored a couple more and Potter will be telling them that.

19 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Werner is looking like the player we thought he would be for us. He needs to be in Germany evidently. 

You think? He squandered tons of chances again today, still looks super frustrating. He clearly enjoys playing against inferior opposition where he has space and gets to play tons of weaker opponents in Germany. He will score from time to time, he evidently feels more at home but I am not really seeing a different player . Shame we dont get to see him playing under potter  who seems to be better at creating a feel good atmosphere which Timo craves . 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

You think? He squandered tons of chances again today, still looks super frustrating. He clearly enjoys playing against inferior opposition where he has space and gets to play tons of weaker opponents in Germany. He will score from time to time, he evidently feels more at home but I am not really seeing a different player . Shame we dont get to see him playing under potter  who seems to be better at creating a feel good atmosphere which Timo craves . 

I just saw the highlights on the Champions League wrap up show after our game. They made him look magnificent. 

2 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I guess - just felt underwhelming to only be 2-0 when they had 10 men for most of the game and our strikers/midfielders (except Aubu) need some goals and a bit more confidence. 

I guess I'm harshly comparing us to City - they just seem ruthless this year in comparison.

I think sometimes you have to put context on the situation.

The atmosphere was electric and intense and the referee was one of the worst I've seen for a very long time and was very trigger happy with his cards.

I thought in the second half it was a hugely mature performance, particularly making use of the fact that Kova and Jorginho when given space will just keep ball and not give it away. We gave them absolutely no opportunity to feed off the crowd and gave the referee no chances to even up the game or be affected in his decision making by the atmosphere.

We didn't have to go gung ho, we just had to be controlled and take the game away from Milan but I felt it was done in a way which was pleasing on the eye with a lot of triangles, one touch passing, quickening things up before slowing it back down again. Very composed and confident, and not huge energy reserves being taken out of us when we're in the midst of a manic period of games coming thick and fast. 

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

not worth losing RJ tho 

Have we lost him? 

Seems like this is not as bad as Fofana who had to leave the stadium on crutches (although I would be paranoid enough to tell him to use crutches just to avoid pressure on that knee)

Hoping this does not keep him out for any significant period of time.

Edited by Blue Armour