AC Milan 0 - 2 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Kante re-injured before even getting back on the pitch. 😔

Could’ve been extremely useful in a match where Milan will be desperate to make amends for the horror show last week. A fully refreshed Kante would’ve been a great weapon that Milan wouldn’t have expected.

52 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kante re-injured before even getting back on the pitch. 😔

Could’ve been extremely useful in a match where Milan will be desperate to make amends for the horror show last week. A fully refreshed Kante would’ve been a great weapon that Milan wouldn’t have expected.

Yeah just heard about Kante.

I watched Milan v Juve last Friday, they were a different entity as against us, methinks we've got a battle on our hands.

I think i'll settle for a draw now

3 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Yeah just heard about Kante.

I watched Milan v Juve last Friday, they were a different entity as against us, methinks we've got a battle on our hands.

I think i'll settle for a draw now

Why settle with draw? 

We defeated them very comfortably last time, we have no reason to shit our pants in Italy.. Theo is back so they will be more dangerous on the left wing but he also tend to neglect his defensive duites.. His side of the pitch will be key. Should be very careful when defending but ruthless with counter attacks. 

10 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Last time all they were concerned about was their forthcoming game aganist Juve.

This time it will be about revenge for the thrashing, it aint gunna be easy.

Listening to Fikayo's press conference it certainly sounded that way. He made it seem that they feel they let themselves down at The Bridge, that they are angry, and that they are very motivated.

They showed in the first 10-15 minutes of last weeks match that they’re capable of keeping the ball well and making us uncomfortable before we woke up and dominated the rest of the game. So if we have an equally poor start again but Milan are much more assertive then we could find ourselves in trouble.

Curious to see Potter’s XI. Gallagher was a beast against Wolves and Mount finally woke up and had a typical Mount game. Having both of them starting today and being aggressive in and out of possession could be useful in a match like this. But would he leave out one of Sterling or Auba for a game this huge? Not sure.

I changed the Next Match for Milan. Because I am posting in EST it does not update the countdown time. Usually James updates that widget as he is in the UK. I wanted the other information displayed for today but my time zone messes up the countdown timer since James updated the website software.

6 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Jorginho....

Biggest worry. Guess the thinking is that Potter wants his most experienced, most comfortable receivers of the ball in midfield. Which may be the right call if Milan are so poor that we just boss possession the whole time. But if they come out like I expect them to (trying to prove a point) I think it’s super risky.

Hope we try to have a go right from kickoff and aren’t intimidated by the atmosphere into sitting deep and inviting loads of pressure.