Chelsea 3 - 0 AC Milan

ZAPHOD2319

Leão is such a beast

played a part in the first two goals and then in the 97th minute sprinted a good part of the length of the pitch, past much of the Empoli team and scored the clincher

6ea9447e10becd2afff2dbc80a6d4a29.png

Edited by Vesper

Lucky break in the betting yesterday.
Backed L'pool against Brighton draw or away and doubled with Atalanta.
As Brighton went 2-0 up and as the match ended in a draw, both the away case and the draw case counted as wins.
Then I had to watch Atalanta's match yesterday against Fiorentina.
Atalanta won by 1-0 but my reason for writing this is that I really liked their long ball system.
They 're not something special like Real Madrid but they have fast forwards who can withstand some tough marking plus the long passing they do reminds of Cesc.
It's the system CFC has to adopt now I think.

2 hours ago, milka said:

Win or we are out . 

That's what we get for not being able to win at least 1 of the opening 2 games.   Now we have to somehow keep AC Milan and their attack at bay over 2 games (4 points) to have any hope of reaching the knockout stages. 

Not the best time for a new manager to come in and take over as the players are still getting used to his tactics and we have key players carrying injury concerns (Kovacic still doesn't look 100%, Kante is only back in training, Jorginho looked like a 40 year old on the pitch vs Palace).

Hopefully we can sneak a win

Not just the ECL but all competitions, we just do not have anywhere near a settled side.

A core of 5 or 6 players that are the first on the team sheet, I can't even think of one

Constantly changing the back 3, and the Midfield and the front 3.

And I struggle to find any quality in our whole squad.

Plus we've got a rookie manager in when the season had already started, nothing detrumental about him, I like him, but they should have carried on with Tommy.

As regards this game I can't see us getting anything from it, especialy with Olly and Tomori looking to make a point.

Anyone care to have a stab who he's going to start with tonight.

On 01/10/2022 at 23:04, ZAPHOD2319 said:

PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION,

LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

9gjcfh8.jpg%20

Wednesday 5th October 2022
      Champions League
        Stamford Bridge
     20:00 UK

A6MMkYN.jpg%20

when was the last time we were at the bottom of a group stage 🤔