3. Marc Cucurella

manpe

23 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If the transfers we're all dreaming about come to fruition, then it looks like our current left backs will have done my work for me so no one will need convincing that Jasko Gvardiol should become our starting LB/LWB.

Has he even played there?

39 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If the transfers we're all dreaming about come to fruition, then it looks like our current left backs will have done my work for me so no one will need convincing that Jasko Gvardiol should become our starting LB/LWB.

Hes mainly a left sided CB though, no?

I mean I don’t care how good he is, or could be, there is absolutely no point signing a player who predominantly lines up as a CB to try and shoehorn him out as a left back or wing back if its not his 100% natural position.

Would just be typically a Chelsea move though - sign a hugely talented left sided CB and use him as a wingback for the sake of it. Just like using Sterling as a wing back. Or Pulisic. Or Loftus-Cheek.

We will continue to be a team which uses a system with wingbacks under GP by looks of it but surprise surprise, the players he’s playing there aren't actually wingbacks. ie Pulisic and Sterling. So if we did sign a top CB prospect yeah he will probably become a wingback for us at one point.

57 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes mainly a left sided CB though, no?

I mean I don’t care how good he is, or could be, there is absolutely no point signing a player who predominantly lines up as a CB to try and shoehorn him out as a left back or wing back if its not his 100% natural position.

Would just be typically a Chelsea move though - sign a hugely talented left sided CB and use him as a wingback for the sake of it. Just like using Sterling as a wing back. Or Pulisic. Or Loftus-Cheek.

We will continue to be a team which uses a system with wingbacks under GP by looks of it but surprise surprise, the players he’s playing there aren't actually wingbacks. ie Pulisic and Sterling. So if we did sign a top CB prospect yeah he will probably become a wingback for us at one point.

Can't really blame Chelsea yet. 🙂

For all I know I'm the only person on the planet who wants this, but I am utterly convinced he would be a huge success on the left. Has everything for the role.

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So if Potter plays him at LWB and he looks terrible there, will you blame the player or Potter?

I'll remind people that using the player at LWB was something I was strongly in favour of and then I will call it as I see it.

I will sometimes say that I don't believe XYZ player is good enough but I never 'blame' them. They don't sign themselves and they don't pick themselves. Others make those decisions and others are responsible.

Long way between here and there mind.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 2 months later...

A shit player, who in form becomes average. What a crap purchase this was, think if I started searching on transfermarkt would've find something cheaper and better. The American's whole plan with this was, City wants him gonna pay over the moon for him.

Edited by TheHulk

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Alonso cost 23 million pounds and now compare that with 60 million paid for Cucu, who doesn’t even come close to Alonso’s quality, heads need to roll at the club for allowing too many shit transfers to go trough.

Funny I saw this turd at Getafe and he wasn't anything special, when I saw Chelsea was linked to him for 15M I was really hoping we don't move for this mug, of course one year later not only do we buy him but also waste colossal money on him.

Edited by TheHulk

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

As shit as Cucu is, I am still glad we got rid of Alonso. He is just as suspect for Barca as he was for us and is 32 now.

There is no problem with getting rid of Alonso. But we let him go for free and made Cucurella the world’s most expensive fullback, while he is meiocre on his best days, but having nothing but bad days since he joined.

If he is on form, he is ok. So were Alonso or Emerson. But if you blow up your bank account for a left back, you expect some Alphonso Davies / Cancelo kind of shit, not Yuri Zhirkov shit.

Seeing him and Hall recent games.. Made me think about Ashley Cole.. God, everyone hated to play against him, he stuck on wingers like a leech.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I can't believe that Chelsea fans speak about Chelsea players in the way you have. I don't have the ability, or the right, to control what others do but I wish everyone would choose to exercise some self control. Not being as good a footballer as your club's supporters would like is not a crime. Nor is it a player's fault. He didn't sign himself for the club, nor did he select himself to play. If we have to direct our fire, let's direct it at the right people, and do so in the right way.

I agree, I'm sorry I called him out names since it's not his fault he isn't that good of a footballer, no excuses but in my defense I was angry because of the match against Fullham.

Edited by TheHulk