Kalidou Koulibaly

Blues Forever

6 hours ago, TheHulk said:

This player is fecking garbage. No way Badiashile is so bad even if I don't rate him.

Oh give him a break! Hes playing a new league and will take time to settle. Silva and Rudiger were poor in the first years with Chelsea and greatly improved afterwards. He seems to be the new fall guy for Chelsea fans. Why not pick on Havertz who havev been playing in the league for years and are still crap!

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Man, I was so excited about this signing. And out of all of the players we brought in last summer he was the one I was least worried about. Figured we’d get Thiago Silva like performances and ease of adjusting to the PL. Even when he was struggling earlier in the season I was urging patience. 

But he hasn’t gotten any better. Today was perhaps the most worrying sign. Thiago Silva was visibly angry and frustrated with him. Yelling at him, throwing his arms up in annoyance, and as the game wore on he straight up started not passing it to KK out of fear he’d make a mistake. And then KK himself became terrified of making a forward pass because his confidence is so poor.

Just don’t understand how such an experienced, top level CB can be a total bust virtually overnight.

Hes playing a new league! Thats why. Silva wasnt exactly great i his first year here

38 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

He’s just a bad version of Toby Maguire. My only hope is this was a Tuchel signing that Boehly agreed to despite the data saying it would be a bad signing and it is something he’s learned from.

Honestly think we should sell him this window to any buyer that will pay 10m+

Absolute nonsense!!!!

12 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Rüdiger to Koulibaly must be the biggest CB downgrade for top 6 club in recent history. 

They said he's better than Rüdiger. Like they said Willian is better than Hazard in 2013 🤡

I was excited for the signing but he looks really out of depth. Always a step behind and his anticipation during the run of play has been horrible. 

He took a lot of risk in Italy but his recovery speed and athleticism would bail him out. Now that he seems to be aging he's really getting exposed. 

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

bollocks

he had a sorta rough first couple of games, but quickly show his class

And how many games has Koulibaly played signed joining the club in August?  Cant believe the insults he is getting from Chelsea fans. Rudiger wasnt entirely great during Lampards time

2 hours ago, didi007 said:

And how many games has Koulibaly played signed joining the club in August?  Cant believe the insults he is getting from Chelsea fans. Rudiger wasnt entirely great during Lampards time

Rudiger was inconsistent and made some bad decisions before he hit his good form, but never looked literally incapable of coping with the league. He had pace, power, athleticism and intelligence. KK has looked off the pace and looks like a liability in every game. He made some sense as a signing in a defensively focused 3 ATB system, but if we are playing 4 ATB again (which imo we should) then honestly there is no space for him here. I think it would be better for him and us if we just kill it off now and send him out this transfer window, let him go back to Italy or another slow paced league where he can play at a high level for a few more years.

4 hours ago, didi007 said:

he cannot handle the pace of the EPL

Rudiger, despite his far from WC start, never really had that issue

Thiago is hardly a speed merchant at 38yo, but makes up for it with the best positional CB play on the planet

KK lacks both

Let's be real honest here,.Silva and KK is the worst pairing in the league, Silva is good but FML he's 38, and next to him is this shed of shit, in front of these too is jorgi lmfao that triangle There alone doesn't have the combined pace of a 19 year old

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

let's see him do it game in, game out

Agreed, but wondering why the game yesterday suited him so well. Does he turn up for big games? Was it playing on the left? Was it just the way City played? Curious. If there is a way to get some useful value out of this guy it would be a nice turnaround story...