7. Raheem Sterling

the club is milking this signing more than they usually would. Sterling does not seem to mind tho and is playing along with the PR game. Todd also seems to be going to play a more public role than Roman did.

Anyway, i first though sterling would look completely out of place here but it looks like he fits well into the group. Let's hope he also does on the pitch. Lots of pressure on him. Other than at City he will pretty much be the star man in our attack.

My favourite part is when he asks Sarr which position he plays tho^^

Genuinely excited to see him get going here.

Think this is not only a top signing but a very smart signing. Particularly for the first under our new owners (despite the constant greeting and moping on here because we hadn’t signed anyone, which is now why haven’t we signed at least 873 CBs now……).

He is someone who is a winner, proven at the top level in the PL, coming into his best years as well as having big game experience and, more importantly when you look at some of the other attackers we’ve gotten in recent times, mentally tough.

Personally, I think he will also be itching to show Pep and City that he should of played more there and what their missing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Sterling not going to have the impact many thought. 

He is good but not world class to take us to the next level. 

Because he isn't Eden Hazard. This coach and team and practically giving him the ball expecting to work miracles. 

This is sunday league levels of coaching and management. I see better attacking play from Fulham!

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Because he isn't Eden Hazard. This coach and team and practically giving him the ball expecting to work miracles. 

This is sunday league levels of coaching and management. I see better attacking play from Fulham!

He's had two massive chances over the past two weeks & missed both. However, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that has watched him during his career.

He is the only one that has impressed for me. Plays direct and drives the ball. 

Seems our mob is a bit confused by this as they would much rather pass sideways and lose possession. Hopefully he doesn't fall into the easy habits of the rest of the team, and they catch up with him as opposed to him settling into the easy way of things.

It's not that I think Sterling is one of the greats mind you, but because I think Hazard is an extremely overrated player especially around here (not so much elsewhere).

The extra flair Eden might have over Sterling is easily made up for a lot more work rate as well as the ability to pass the football (as oppose to take it home).

Edited by robsblubot