Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfers

Tomo
Followers 2

6 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Since the WHU ITK on Twitter was spot on with every Chelsea news recentely and called the Mendy interest before anyone else along with Chilwell, Havertz etc.. I thought I would share this.

What a joke so Havertz isn't anywhere near close to being done.

• Replies 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Jase

• Blues Forever

• Pizy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After what the club has had to deal with, some of you are being a bit ridiculous with how quickly you want things turned on their head. Have patience and wait. 

Leading the Race FC.   

Declan Rice is the midfield version of Lukaku, what a waste of money that would be.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

Those posts are old. I only shared them for the infos on GKs. That was before we bid 80+20.

Since the WHU ITK on Twitter was spot on with every Chelsea news recentely and called the Mendy interest before anyone else along with Chilwell, Havertz etc.. I thought I would share this.

We talked about this guy before and yes he is super reliable, and he definitely has some solid sources in various clubs.

City are basically irrelevent outside of England. Nobody cares about them. Chelsea is a globally supported club and MILES bigger than City.
They'll get a shit load of bandwagon glory hunters who jump ship from supporting other clubs if they sign Messi, yes. But they'll be supporting Messi not City.
Don't care how much shady money the oil state pumps in to artificially inflate their revenue and sponsorships.

When I just look at the Instagram followers, City are pretty close to us. I know, not everyone has Instagram, but they are not that far along because most fans want success and City is very successful team.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

So Mendy, Maignan, Onana and maybe Pope are the front runners for new GK here?

I cant realy speak about any of the first 3, I dont watch Ajax or ligue 1 week in week out, so hopefuly we pick the right one this time.

• Like 1

Can't say I've ever seen Mendy play nor Rennes, but they did finish 3rd in the league so I'm guessing they were a good side. Which would hopefully mean he's used to playing in a good setup and not coming from some tiny minnow and will be overwhelmed.

He's also a fucking giant at 6'6. Would be nice having a Courtois sized keeper again.

Yeah I haven't seen him play but being 6 ft 6 makes me have more faith in him automatically.
As I have said from day 1 kepa just doesn't look big enough.
He might still be shite but taking a punt and signing someone will be better than not

• Like 2

Why are we signing so many players and there isn't even one announcement yet <_<. Or are we waiting for one big *** nike promo video with Havertz, Chilwell, Thiago and maybe even Werner and Ziyech in it? In that case I'm more then willing ot wait another 2 weeks :cig:

Mendy only conceded 19 goals in 24 games at Rennes last season before the season was cut short. Previous year 42 conceded in a promoted side, which is not bad either.

Can't say I know anything more than that about him but if he's done really well for two different teams in the last two seasons he could be quality. Looks quite physical so I'm just guessing but he could be a good commander of the penalty box too, which would immediately improve the set-piece defending.

I'd take a well-scouted unknown keeper at around 20m ahead of another big money gamble anytime. Less pressure due to price and after Kepa disaster people should be rather easily impressed so it'd probably do good for the new keepers confidence levels. Silva and Chillwell should improve the defense too which could make the keeper's job easier.

Rennes were reported to be interested in a loan for Tomori so maybe a loan deal would sweeten the negotiations a little.

• Like 2
Why are we signing so many players and there isn't even one announcement yet <_ or are we waiting for one big nike promo video with havertz chilwell thiago and maybe even werner ziyech in it that case i more then willing ot wait another weeks src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/cig.gif" alt=":cig:">
Because they still have to do medicals, which are not completed

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

Are you new to football?? 

• Like 1

I think the expectation is that we'll hear something about all of these targets by Friday, right? The Chilwell reports said something about "within 3 days he'll be a Chelsea player." Think that was Monday. Thiago Silva will apparently have his medical tomorrow. There was some kind of deadline in regards to Havertz on the 28th right? Which is Friday. Can't recall what that deadline was, Bayer resume training or off to German team duty.

Hopefully not too much longer. If things advanced as far as was reported by Romano and Falk, it's a bit weird how paperwork is taking so long, though. Maybe the club really is planning a flashy triple announcement.

Somebody here said that Mendy blocks the ball back into play on most of his saves. I went back and looked at his 2019/20 saves, that could be a problem in the PL. 

• Like 1