Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Transfers


Tomo
 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

with his brace last night against a really solid Atalanta side, Christopher Nkunku now has 30 goals as a MFer (plus 18 assists)

only 2 behind Bruno Penendes' all time topflight Euro record for a MFer (Lamps had the old record before Penendes at 27)

and he has done it in 1000 less minutes so far than Penendes and in a FAR stronger league

he likely has 10 games left, 8 at worst (he would have 14 left, 12 at worst, but the Bundesliga only has 18 teams, so only a 34 game season)

Very interested in him. Looks like a beast. But is he having a Werner or Sancho like season where he puts up insane stats in Germany and then looks mediocre when he steps up to a big club?

We should certainly be looking at him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Vesper

    3420

  • Jase

    2107

  • Blues Forever

    1478

  • Pizy

    1205

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After what the club has had to deal with, some of you are being a bit ridiculous with how quickly you want things turned on their head. Have patience and wait. 

Leading the Race FC.   

Declan Rice is the midfield version of Lukaku, what a waste of money that would be.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Very interested in him. Looks like a beast. But is he having a Werner or Sancho like season where he puts up insane stats in Germany and then looks mediocre when he steps up to a big club?

We should certainly be looking at him.

well, he is producing in Europe as well (hat trick v Citeh for instance)

plus 3 goals, 3 assists versus Bayern and Borussia Dortmund

8a7a9d1c7713db2c6be1cab71bbabd03.png

f18e6a737517ea04fb16eff81a7059cd.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vesper said:

with his brace last night against a really solid Atalanta side, Christopher Nkunku now has 30 goals as a MFer (plus 18 assists)

only 2 behind Bruno Penendes' all time topflight Euro record for a MFer (Lamps had the old record before Penendes at 27)

and he has done it in 1000 less minutes so far than Penendes and in a FAR stronger league

he likely has 10 games left, 8 at worst (he would have 14 left, 12 at worst, but the Bundesliga only has 18 teams, so only a 34 game season)

That record is dodgy as hell for various reasons. In the golden boot race, goals in portugal only count  with factor 1.5 so i don't really see those 32 goals in 18/19 Liga Dross measuring up.

Moreover, both Penandes and Nkunku were at times deployed as forwards (for penandes that is the case in portugal and england) , so not sure you can count them unequivocally as midfielders unlike Lampard for whom the case is clear.

I mean most goals from midfield in a season is not even an official statistical record anyway but for me those goals have to be actually scored by a player who plays that season in midfield (duh). So that Lampard record still looks pretty much intact for me.

Most number 10s who score high numbers are deployed well higher up the pitch than Lampard which is why his record is so remarkable. If you count no10/forward hybrid roles like Penandes and Nkunku and also count shit leagues, Zico would be the clear record holder, scored more than 40 goals for flamengo in the 70ies in multiple seasons.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

That record is dodgy as hell for various reasons. In the golden boot race, goals in portugal only count  with factor 1.5 so i don't really see those 32 goals in 18/19 Liga Dross measuring up.

Moreover, both Penandes and Nkunku were at times deployed as forwards (for penandes that is the case in portugal and england) , so not sure you can count them unequivocally as midfielders unlike Lampard for whom the case is clear.

I mean most goals from midfield in a season is not even an official statistical record anyway but for me those goals have to be actually scored by a player who plays that season in midfield (duh). So that Lampard record still looks pretty much intact for me.

Most number 10s who score high numbers are deployed well higher up the pitch than Lampard which is why his record is so remarkable. If you count no10/forward hybrid roles like Penandes and Nkunku and also count shit leagues, Zico would be the clear record holder, scored more than 40 goals for flamengo in the 70ies in multiple seasons.

 

I did say Euro record

 

ZICO 1979 - One of the most impressive years in modern football history

🏟 56 Games
⚽️ 70 Goals

- Scored 52.6% of all team goals

- Scored in 39 games - 70%

- 4,932 minutes - Goal every 70.4 mins

42 wins (75%) - 09 draws - 05 defeats

📈6th most goals ever scored in 1 season

Only Pelé (x2), Messi, Müller & Romário have ever scored more.

Image

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever we all think of Lukaku, he still holds a lot of weight across the continent as a top striker and goal scorer still in his prime.

I think the only thing which may deter some suitors is his wages. I guess in the grand scheme of football his wages aren't beyond a joke, but they do eliminate some options unless Rom himself is prepared to forego some of that pay packet to move on. 

I think it's clear as day now he isn't going to be first choice over Havertz whilst Tuchel is here and I don't see Tuchel leaving any time soon unless there is a monumental cock up in the new ownership so it really will be in his court in a world cup year and probably with another 3, maybe 4 years left at the top level does he accept being backup or does he accept the Chelsea move hasn't worked out and he moves on.

I think one way or another he'll move in the summer. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As he did in Serie A, Rom would probably score 30 goals in Ligue 1 at PSG. Would be incredible to offload him there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kounde was just shocking in the Sevilla collapse

up 2 nil at home in the 2nd half versus Real Madrid, and was at fault in Benzema (of course) scoring the game winner in the 92nd minute

left him unmarked in the box in open play, ffs, was also partially at fault in the Nacho goal in the 82nd minute and the first RM goal as well

Sevilla lost 2 - 3

Kounde is a ball watcher and he has poor positioning

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Kounde was just shocking in the Sevilla collapse

up 2 nil at home in the 2nd half versus Real Madrid, and was at fault in Benzema (of course) scoring the game winner in the 92nd minute

left him unmarked in the box in open play, ffs, was also partially at fault in the Nacho goal in the 82nd minute and the first RM goal as well

Sevilla lost 2 - 3

Kounde is a ball watcher and he has poor positioning

Personally if we can get Rudiger signed up, I don't think we are in desperate need of a new centre back.

Losing Christensen will be a blow but Chalobah will benefit from the experience of this season and I wouldn't be surprised if Tuchel kept Colwill to then play the Chalobah role next season. Across Rudiger, Silva, Azpi, Chalobah, Sarr, Colwill and James if needed too we have more than enough options to roll with.

I personally would prefer to bring in a top centre midfielder this summer to facilitate the transition from Kante and Jorginho, and look at a centre back the following summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lucio said:

Do we have buybacks for tomori or guehi?

Tomori - No clause inserted

Guehi - Sell-On Matching Clause

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming we manage to keep Rüdiger (and I know that’s a big assumption) we should be going hard after 2 new CB’s, not just 1. A Christensen replacement and a more “on pitch general” type who plays centrally to rotate with and eventually replace Thiago Silva long term.

I liked the look of Sven Botman when we played against Lille and I know he’s moving this summer with Newcastle after him. He’s a giant who would suit the league, is only 22, and is made for that commanding central spot in a back 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last summer is the summer when I totally gave up on this board and the faith of this club with them in the helm. I have been saying this forever. With them we were heading to middle table status. Roman or no Roman, he wasn't willing to pay big to cover transfer mistakes as he used to. Lukaku was not the big signing. It was 1 instead of 3 players signing. Summer of 2020 was financed with sale of our best player and Morata. 

It seems now Kovacic is injured. That took away any hope I had for Wembley.  I don't believe in Jorginho in big occasions anymore and Kante isn't what he used to be. 

Not getting defensive midfielder with passing abilities last summer was criminal short sided mistake that will likely cost us another Wembley final.

Not getting wingback backup is the same kind of mistake that costed us CL exit and both domestic finals. Liverpool rise in the league started with our fall. Our fall would have been significantly less had we had a decent wingback cover and decent midfielder who could pass.

Not getting these players but getting striker instead is the kind of mistake that kid would make playing football manager. That kind of mindset was getting us nowhere long term. Our fate would depend on rise of Newcastle or United getting decent manager. Not on our doings. We were only sabotaging ourselves.

Selling both Tomori and Guehi without buyback clause while we had half of our defense on possible exit doors is another kid playing football manager decision. Unaccountably.

Striker was luxury after we get midfielder and wingback. Possible even CB. Our attacking trio wasn't that awful, they  got us CL in their first season. They deserved another chance, player that would make them better not worst.  

But here striker was cover for all those players. 1,5 mlrd of loans, more than half of that on mismatch players.  

This sale is not the worst thing. Now we actually have hope that knowable people will do our transfers. We won't get the revenue sky high right away but we can cut the losses.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Assuming we manage to keep Rüdiger (and I know that’s a big assumption) we should be going hard after 2 new CB’s, not just 1. A Christensen replacement and a more “on pitch general” type who plays centrally to rotate with and eventually replace Thiago Silva long term.

I liked the look of Sven Botman when we played against Lille and I know he’s moving this summer with Newcastle after him. He’s a giant who would suit the league, is only 22, and is made for that commanding central spot in a back 3.

I maintain my stance that we simply must grab either  Milan Škriniar and/or Matthijs de Ligt

screw Kounde, he is not worth it

as for a second (I so doubt we can pull both of the two above)

Bremer    
Nico Schlotterbeck 

if neither of those two

Pau Torres  
Kalidou Koulibaly   (only for a fair fee, as he is 30yo, so this is very unlikely)
Merih Demiral
Josko Gvardiol    

Botman perhaps, not totally sold tbh

Jurrien Timber (If he was 7, 8 cms taller I would be all in, but he is only 1.79m, and not as strong as Kounde)
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Haaland off to Citeh... Great. 

Cheers to the board for landing the Romulus.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share
×
×
  • Create New...