Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 1 - 1 Leicester City

Followers 0

I’ve been in denial all season because I’ve been too sad to admit it, but this will be the first time I have to put my hands up and say Kante has regressed. He just looks like he’s lost a step or two. Late in the tackle here and there, slower on the ball making decisions, being unaware of a player closing him down. These are things that would’ve been unheard of with him a couple of years ago.

He’s still capable of incredible one off performances but the every match, 9/10 performances appear to be done.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I already have tickets for the Orlando game against Arsenal. Going with my gunner buddy.     

Pulisic gets away with murder when you consider the stick the likes of Callum, Alonso and Jorgi get (all have contributed more this season). For a while I understood it restart credit in the bank

i can’t allow football to affect me this much, it’s not healthy at all, i hate losing and that’s a fact, i let the anger get the better of me, there are more important things in life than football. At

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pulisic gets away with murder when you consider the stick the likes of Callum, Alonso and Jorgi get (all have contributed more this season).

For a while I understood it restart credit in the bank and all that but he needs to start getting scrutinised. He's been the American Iwobi for the last two season with a few exceptions.

I do not understand this comparison with CHO?

Pulisic 6 goals and 2 assists

CHO 3 goals and 4 assists

Neither is doing enough but CHO is not doing more.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I guess with this referee you’re simply not able to make ANY contact with a Leicester player. This is a no contact match apparently.

that Trevoh foul on Farty was rot

he won the ball in the air

and both players kicked at it in the air

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’ve been in denial all season because I’ve been too sad to admit it, but this will be the first time I have to put my hands up and say Kante has regressed. He just looks like he’s lost a step or two. Late in the tackle here and there, slower on the ball making decisions, being unaware of a player closing him down. These are things that would’ve been unheard of with him a couple of years ago.

He’s still capable of incredible one off performances but the every match, 9/10 performances appear to be done.

I think Jorginho out of the two is more likely to move on in the summer, but if I had a choice out of keeping one of the two I'd keep Jorginho over Kante.

He no longer looks the same player, and once those physical abilities wane his technical ability isn't good enough to keep him at the highest level.

Posted (edited)

lol, these Astro network presenters are struggling YouTube channel quality

617f26167a13506c4a9ee92763fc746a.jpg

Edited by Vesper
11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pulisic gets away with murder when you consider the stick the likes of Callum, Alonso and Jorgi get (all have contributed more this season).

For a while I understood it restart credit in the bank and all that but he needs to start getting scrutinised. He's been the American Iwobi for the last two season with a few exceptions.

I think Pulisic gets a bit more leeway than those you’ve names because we’ve seen that he’s capable of scoring spectacular goals and he’s capable of being unplayable in space when he’s sprinting at defenders. He’s just ridiculously inconsistent like every other attacker in our team.

3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I do not understand this comparison with CHO?

Pulisic 6 goals and 2 assists

CHO 3 goals and 4 assists

Neither is doing enough but CHO is not doing more.

One was dropped in great autumn when he was building momentum then he was a gamechanger against both Villa and Spurs before he was injured.

The other has been given an obscene more amount of chances.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think Jorginho out of the two is more likely to move on in the summer, but if I had a choice out of keeping one of the two I'd keep Jorginho over Kante.

He no longer looks the same player, and once those physical abilities wane his technical ability isn't good enough to keep him at the highest level.

Sadly, I’d probably agree. Let Kante go to an easy league like Ligue 1 with PSG and he can prolong his career at the CL level.

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We have great possession, great creative players, but most attacks end like one by a neutered tomcat

Neutering a cat: should you neuter your cat? | HolidogTimes

• Smile 1
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Sadly, I’d probably agree. Let Kante go to an easy league like Ligue 1 with PSG and he can prolong his career at the CL level.

Ironically after some of the players that seem to want out, he does seem to be one that actually wants to stay and would probably actually just take a year's extension on his contract from now on in.

I think if we made him available for transfer though and he is willing to leave, PSG would definitely fancy picking him up.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think Pulisic gets a bit more leeway than those you’ve names because we’ve seen that he’s capable of scoring spectacular goals and he’s capable of being unplayable in space when he’s sprinting at defenders. He’s just ridiculously inconsistent like every other attacker in our team.

When have we last seen that though? Most of those type of runs end up with him running for too long and bumping into the defender. 

Callums form in the Autumn and performances against Villa and Spurs trump anything we've seen of Pulisic performance wise for a while, granted the latter is a much better finisher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This ref, man. Player just falls down and our player gets booked.

• Angry 1

We're critical of our attackers but when is the last time we've played a formation that caters to the attackers? When have we been consistent scoring in the two seasons Tuchel has been in charge? Our shape caters to the defense and to our midfield who barely have any creativity. 

Yes, you can always improve on what you have but when will Tuchel instill any kind of offensive gameplan that gives us confidence? Most of the time it's three attackers on an island and they have to come back and collect the ball in the midfield because lord knows Jorginho and others can't handle a press to save their lives. 

Aside from Mount no one has been consistent and I think it's time Tuchel answers some of these questions and shoulders some of the blame. 

You just have to laugh. 

My grandmother in her wheelchair could’ve finished that.

• Like 1
  • ZAPHOD2319 changed the title to Chelsea 1 - 1 Leicester City