Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Man City - Chelsea

Followers 3

19 hours ago, Tomo said:

I personally believe Kai up top is the way forward but as that's not happening Broja is the big hope.

I think he can get there eventually whether it's as early as next season remains to be seen. But we will likely need a cheap/loan option to come good to offset the Rom fee (ala Mendy/Kepa) so Broja is the hope here.

Agreed with Kai although I don't think he is an elite finisher that is desperately needed. His movement is what makes him a candidate but he just doesn't have that top level instinct for goal which may be a controversial view considering he can find the net but for me, he isn't a Halaand or Lewandowski. Broja... for me isn't anywhere near Kai's level in terms of positioning and what he can offer in terms of his overall game, which leaves me feeling that we need to go into the market and buy a proper striker who is at least half way there.. which is why I think Vlahovic would have been the ideal candidate. He has something about him... there's something in his approach that looks like he could become a special striker. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we even consider going after him now the donkey Lukaku is here.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's why Tuchel needs to be ruthless for the league cup final, especially if it's Liverpool.

Blaming anyone other than Tuchel today is absurd. 

Watching today's game, I some times don't understand what Tuchel is trying to do. In big games where Werner shouldn't be starting, he plays him from the start (e.g. vs Man United this season). In big

I didn't get to see the match yesterday, mind you after the result i'm not that disappointed I missed it.

I said at the start i'd take a draw, now we take another defeat from Shitty.

What's really fucked us though is all these draws we've had.

Burnley @ home 1-1

Manure @ home 1-1

Everton @ home 1-1

Brighton @ home 1-1

add to that:

Scousers @ home 2-2

We need a real clear out.

And bring in some decent players, starting with Conor Gallagher.

Get rid of:

Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO, Alonso, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek.

I think it's the end for Dave and possibly Christensen.

Was a pathetic display of football from our side. You can make out that we were bad when Kante has a bad game.

We lost to City who were bad on the day, you cant beat that! 

This time it starts with Tuchel ... wrong selection even if we planned to sit back and defend. Mount and Havertz should have started over Ziyech and Pulisic or Lukaku (unless they were injured) ... We're expecting that Lukaku to adapt to the way Tuchel wants to play but he is not ... so in crucial game why to start him. Instead get him as a sub. 

Everyone seems to be so disinterested that we're making dumb mistakes including from those we dont (guess Silva and Rudiger were the ones with least mistakes). 

Wasnt any thing good to say about our game and we didnt deserve anything from the game infact the score line is so deceiving too!  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

Was a pathetic display of football from our side. You can make out that we were bad when Kante has a bad game.

This time it starts with Tuchel ... wrong selection even if we planned to sit back and defend. Mount and Havertz should have started over Ziyech and Pulisic or Lukaku (unless they were injured) ... We're expecting that Lukaku to adapt to the way Tuchel wants to play but he is not ... so in crucial game why to start him. Instead get him as a sub. 

Everyone seems to be so disinterested that we're making dumb mistakes including from those we dont (guess Silva and Rudiger were the ones with least mistakes). 

Wasnt any thing good to say about our game and we didnt deserve anything from the game infact the score line is so deceiving too!  

Of course Lukaku shouldn't start but the problem is his fee and wages. Not for the first time, I suspect there is board pressure to play an expensive player on the manager. 

Edited by King Kante
15 hours ago, King Kante said:

Of course Lukaku shouldn't start but the problem is his fee and wages. Not for the first time, I suspect there is board pressure to play an expensive player on the manager. 

In that case Kepa should have started over Mendy every game. I m sure there is loads of pressure but thats where top managers also make the difference ... how they mix and match to achieve the desired results. Tuchel has been rotating the squad well which should be extended to Lukaku, make him play against selective teams. Sends out a message to everyone and if you're winning there are less people pointing fingers at you. 

6 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

In that case Kepa should have started over Mendy every game. I m sure there is loads of pressure but thats where top managers also make the difference ... how they mix and match to achieve the desired results. Tuchel has been rotating the squad well which should be extended to Lukaku, make him play against selective teams. Sends out a message to everyone and if you're winning there are less people pointing fingers at you. 

During SFL's time it appeared Kepa did start a lot more than SFL would've had him start and he only made the change after it got so bad. Expect the same with Lukaku. 

On 17/01/2022 at 13:29, coolhead23 said:

Lukaku can't possibly adapt to Tuchel's system.
Same as Greaves back in AC Milan 1961.
They wanted him to play fast counters alongside Altafini and one-twos but that was n't his style of play. So he moved to Spurs.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

During SFL's time it appeared Kepa did start a lot more than SFL would've had him start and he only made the change after it got so bad. Expect the same with Lukaku. 

I m hoping it happens soon ... that what i mentioned. I was making a point on the high fees and wages Kepa doesnt start over Mendy despite being the goalie with the highest transfer fee. 

30 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Lukaku can't possibly adapt to Tuchel's system.
Same as Greaves back in AC Milan 1961.
They wanted him to play fast counters alongside Altafini and one-twos but that was n't his style of play. So he moved to Spurs.

Thats the thing ... lot of ppl already knew that he is not suited to the Tuchel system but still we spend crazy money. And now we are f**king struck!