Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Not sure about that one Tomo. Do you think he could play at the level needed for us to challenge on all fronts??

I personally believe Kai up top is the way forward but as that's not happening Broja is the big hope.

I think he can get there eventually whether it's as early as next season remains to be seen. But we will likely need a cheap/loan option to come good to offset the Rom fee (ala Mendy/Kepa) so Broja is the hope here.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Still think Lukaku sale in the summer is very much on. 

Who is insane enough to want a pointing statue upfront for £100m/£350k+ a week? 

As said by I and many when he was brought, he is a poor player and once brought he would be a millstone around our neck for years. 

28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Who is insane enough to want a pointing statue upfront for £100m/£350k+ a week? 

As said by I and many when he was brought, he is a poor player and once brought he would be a millstone around our neck for years. 

We will have to take a loss, maybe around £80m - £90m to sell Lukaku. As for the clubs who could afford him are Juventus, Atletico, PSG, Barcelona, and Newcastle.

37 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

We will have to take a loss, maybe around £80m - £90m to sell Lukaku. As for the clubs who could afford him are Juventus, Atletico, PSG, Barcelona, and Newcastle.

I was unhappy with Lukaku because Belgium lost the 2018 world cup vastly through his miserable performance in the semi (and I had some good wagers).
Last summer there were the following names in the market for Chelsea centre forward:

Haaland - Lukaku - Kane - Lew

The first and the fourth were not for sale as it worked out.
Would you be happy with us making no expensive transfer or with Kane perhaps ?

Edited by cosmicway

10 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I was unhappy with Lukaku because Belgium lost the 2018 world cup vastly through his miserable performance in the semi (and I had some good wagers).
Last summer there were the following names in the market for Chelsea centre forward:

Haaland - Lukaku - Kane - Lew

The first and the fourth were not for sale as it worked out.
Would you be happy with us making no expensive transfer or with Kane perhaps ?

Kane wasn't available because no chance Spurs would sell to us. Personally i would go for a DM, WB, and CB instead.

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Kane wasn't available because no chance Spurs would sell to us. Personally i would go for a DM, WB, and CB instead.

But Kane wanted to go.
Have they declared an embargo against us ?
What's DM-WB-CB ? Wing back, centre back and ?

DM-WB-CB are defensive positions. Defensive midfielder, wing back, centre back.
Sure, we 'd like someone like Tiago and ten years younger.

But it's the attack we seem to have problem, in the years after Didier-Lamps.
Costa was good but we did n't really like him. Then Remy-Pato-Morata were not even EPL material and Werner lost his legs against Fyrom Macedonia.
Hazard too departed and Giroud was 34.

Edited by cosmicway

4 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

DM-WB-CB are defensive positions. Defensive midfielder, wing back, centre back.
Sure, we 'd like someone like Tiago and ten years younger.

But it's the attack we seem to have problem, in the years after Didier-Lamps.
Costa was good but we did n't really like him. Then Remy-Pato-Morata were not even EPL material and Werner lost his legs against Fyrom Macedonia.
Hazard too departed and Giroud was 34.

Our downfall started from Chilwell, James + at one point all of Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic got injured at the same time. Before those injures we were above City and looked like a genuine title contenders.

Edited by Blues Forever

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Our downfall started from Chilwell, James + at one point all of Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic got injured at the same time. Before those injures we were above City and looked like a genuine title contenders.

True, very important misses coupled with the other mishaps.
But we are talking about Lukaku and possible alternatives.

7 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

True, very important misses coupled with the other mishaps.
But we are talking about Lukaku and possible alternatives.

Which why i personally rather spend the Lukaku money for WBs, DM, and CB. The striker situation could wait until winter or next summer.

Edited by Blues Forever

3 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Which why i personally rather spend the Lukaku money for WBs, DM, and CB. The striker situation could wait until winter or next summer.

Could have waited you mean.
I doubt this was the feeling here though.

I think City are making progress every year while we are stop-go.
Two years ago City were fancied for the CL but went down unceremoniously to Lyon.
Last year they nearly made it (we beat them).
Now they look even better plus 13 points ahead in the league.

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Why is the interesting? It was predicted by at least half of us on here and virtually all Man Utd fans who where doing cartwheels when they packed him off to Inter and where crying with laughter when we brought him. 

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

Even with our full compliment of players fit like Chilly and RJ we don’t have the capability to rattle off 10, 12, 15 league wins in a row like City have done for multiple seasons now. That’s the difference. It requires damn near perfection to finish above them now because they’re capable of insane midseason winning streaks. Even at our fittest and best we were still capable of dropping silly points to shit teams multiple times.

Unless we bin Lukaku and sign Haaland we will also have no chance of winning the league next season either. And god knows that ain’t happening. Haaland will probably end up on City and make the league even more of a piss take for them.

Yes Harland would be a great signing, but we would still have to get him the ball , without giving the opposition defence every chance to set their stall out. Possession is great , but you need more than that to win games !! How many times have we had 70%+ possession and lost the game to a breakaway by the opposition? Some of our guys hardly ever look forward, the first thought is sideways or backwards !! We only moved the ball forwards once we went behind !!