Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

These wide attacking players are hard to come by when you consider the PL proven remark is well and truly returning. 

Chiesa would’ve of course been the ideal player but he is out long term now. That’s the profile of player we need to target.

Wide players who will get on the ball and sprint into attack with the intent to score or at last cause chaos. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Lukaku is getting all the heat and he was indeed terrible overall but Ziyech and CP were shocking as well. Ziyech’s total inability to beat anyone with the ball was brutally exposed today. He’s slow as fuck. And his fabled passing that we saw at Ajax feels like a distant memory. He couldn’t complete simple passes. Pulisic is a once in 5-8 games player. He’s essentially a worse version of Willian.

I’d be perfectly happy to see us sell every forward player we currently have this summer except for Kai. Lukaku, Ziyech, Pulisic, and Werner can all go and I wouldn’t feel bad at all. Shouldn’t be difficult at all to find buyers for the latter 3. Lukaku is a massive anchor unless Inter or someone else take him on loan.

They got hauled off and even then they were giving much more than Lukaku who, yet again, was standing around just pointing at where he wanted the ball played and only moved if it went in the direction he wanted it to go. 

Lukaku is a absolute joke of a player and shouldn't be anywhere near our team. I mean not only does he do zero off the ball so it is like playing with 10 men (or even worse as his lack of pressing/movement also hinders what the AM's can do) he isn't even a elite finisher (if he was he would've scored that one he was put through for) or a elite link man (overplayed the ball to Ziyech or Puli in the first ten minutes.) 

Literally all he is good at is getting a couple of goals against the likes of Zenit, Villa, Burnley etc. I said before we brought him that he was a donkey and now having seen him play more I think he is an absolute gold played donkey. I mean seriously what are his redeeming features? Man City benched their best CB and he still barely won a header or could trap the ball. 

Absolutely farcical people wanted to sign him or still defending him.

14 minutes ago, King Kante said:

They got hauled off and even then they were giving much more than Lukaku who, yet again, was standing around just pointing at where he wanted the ball played and only moved if it went in the direction he wanted it to go. 

Lukaku is a absolute joke of a player and shouldn't be anywhere near our team. I mean not only does he do zero off the ball so it is like playing with 10 men (or even worse as his lack of pressing/movement also hinders what the AM's can do) he isn't even a elite finisher (if he was he would've scored that one he was put through for) or a elite link man (overplayed the ball to Ziyech or Puli in the first ten minutes.) 

Literally all he is good at is getting a couple of goals against the likes of Zenit, Villa, Burnley etc. I said before we brought him that he was a donkey and now having seen him play more I think he is an absolute gold played donkey. I mean seriously what are his redeeming features? Man City benched their best CB and he still barely won a header or could trap the ball. 

Absolutely farcical people wanted to sign him or still defending him.

I said before and just after we brought him in that it wouldn’t be the worst thing if Lukaku could bang them in against shit teams. I figured the rest of the attacking players would make up for him being subpar against the biggest teams. But none of our attacking players look any better than they did last season when they were mostly poor.

Lukaku should certainly be enough for us to finish top 4. But if we have any ambitions of ever finishing above City in the near future we won’t do it with him. But what do you do with him? Unless we are so desperate to move him on that we’ll take a massive loss nobody can afford his fee + wages.

He is basically the outfield version of Kepa. We’re stuck with him.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

But if we have any ambitions of ever finishing above City in the near future we won’t do it with him.

That's the thing. If we want to finish above City we need to operate like them in the market. Identifying targets that meet that manager's profile vs buying for the sake of buying. 

You, me, my nan and my dog knew Lukaku didn't meet Tuchel's profile. This is primarily the reason why we have stagnated for years whereas City have endured sustainable success. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Last season Lampard was 12 points behind City when sacked. Tuchel 7. Overall 19. Now 13. So TT is doing worse than last season counting both him and Lampard. 

My response to the other poster was about us being in a better position had we not slipped up multiple times & gone from 6 points clear to this.

Our current situation in terms of league play isn't far off last season right now.

City dominated alright.
But might have been a different story with the Lukaku chance.
You saw what happend after the goalkeeper saved it ?
The ball went to Ziyech in a shooting position. The City goalkeeper badly placed after his effort to save from Lukaku and Ziyech aims for the roof of the stadium.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This is primarily the reason why we have stagnated for years

If you'd supported in the 70s and 80s might agree with you.

Since Abramovich its been unprecedented success - even if you're talking of the last decade -Premier League winners 3 times, Champions League Winners twice and current European Champions, FA Cup winners 3 times, UEFA League Winners twice, UEFA Super Cup Winners, League and League Cup Double, FA Cup and Champions League Double.

If thats 'stagnation' we'll have more please

27 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

If you'd supported in the 70s and 80s might agree with you.

Since Abramovich its been unprecedented success - even if you're talking of the last decade -Premier League winners 3 times, Champions League Winners twice and current European Champions, FA Cup winners 3 times, UEFA League Winners twice, UEFA Super Cup Winners, League and League Cup Double, FA Cup and Champions League Double.

If thats 'stagnation' we'll have more please

2017 onwards. You dont spend as much as we do and be considered a ‘cup’ team. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bundesliga tax is well and truly real. 

I realy wanna know how will Halaand perform outside Buli. He is very good in CL aswell, but so far Kai, Sancho, Werner, Haller failed massively in terms of scoring goals in england. 

BULI and Serie a have worse defences than PL, Laliga or even L1. If we ever target a proven, expensive striker, it should be from these leagues. Or go for upcoming gem, less known striker from smaller club. It seems these perform better nowdays than marquee signings. I guess price and wages realy affect striker minds who arent nothing but big babies these days.

Edited by SomethingSomething

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

Broja might just might give us a get out of jail free card.

Not sure about that one Tomo. Do you think he could play at the level needed for us to challenge on all fronts??