Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Even with our full compliment of players fit like Chilly and RJ we don’t have the capability to rattle off 10, 12, 15 league wins in a row like City have done for multiple seasons now. That’s the difference. It requires damn near perfection to finish above them now because they’re capable of insane midseason winning streaks. Even at our fittest and best we were still capable of dropping silly points to shit teams multiple times.

Unless we bin Lukaku and sign Haaland we will also have no chance of winning the league next season either. And god knows that ain’t happening. Haaland will probably end up on City and make the league even more of a piss take for them.

17 minutes ago, Jase said:

Not saying we would beat City every time but last season, we had a winning formula against Guardiola - the same/similar winning formula that we have had against him for years - and this season, in trying to shoehorn Lukaku in, we have had to throw that formula out of the window, come up with something that doesn't even represent a winning formula and have barely laid a glove against City. 

Yep. in all the games vs City last season, we played out of their press easily

Maybe Lukaku is not what he was touted to be after all but look, the heavy forwards are not suited for counterattack game.
Sometimes -not very often- they do score in such games but no.
In these situations you need a Werner (+ scoring ability of which the real Werner has not).

Haha fuck off. 

Tuchel on Lukaku. "He had many ball losses w/o any pressure, many ball losses in very promising circumstances. He had a huge chance. We want to serve him, but he is part of the team, and the performance up front, particularly in the first half, we can do much, much better." #CFC

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Haha fuck off. 

Tuchel on Lukaku. "He had many ball losses w/o any pressure, many ball losses in very promising circumstances. He had a huge chance. We want to serve him, but he is part of the team, and the performance up front, particularly in the first half, we can do much, much better." #CFC

What wrong he said?

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Haha fuck off. 

He f*cked up one chance when he passed the ball towards Ziyech who was offside as well.
In the other chance he did his best but the goalie was lucky.

Edited by cosmicway

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yep. in all the games vs City last season, we played out of their press easily

Watching today's game, I some times don't understand what Tuchel is trying to do. In big games where Werner shouldn't be starting, he plays him from the start (e.g. vs Man United this season). In big games where Werner should start, he doesn't start him (e.g. vs City today). None of today's front 3 offered any sort of movement upfront. 2 of them preferred the ball to feet while the other 1 arguably preferred the ball into space but we kept playing into feet. City's high back line was comfortable pretty much for the entire game. 

8 minutes ago, Mário César said:

What wrong he said?

What is the definition of insanity? Enlighten me. 

At Everton, United, and at Inter, Lukaku was always horrid on the ball. He looks absolutely mediocre in the biggest games and provided zero to no attacking influence. Now that he is at Chelsea, we are expecting him to all of a sudden change? We have abandoned a winning formula against the top sides in favor of this guy!

We have spent £250 million on attacking talent and we played like a fucking relegation threatened side. All of the sake of starting Lukaku! It's not fucking good enough!

5 minutes ago, Jase said:

Watching today's game, I some times don't understand what Tuchel is trying to do. In big games where Werner shouldn't be starting, he plays him from the start (e.g. vs Man United this season). In big games where Werner should start, he doesn't start him (e.g. vs City today). None of today's front 3 offered any sort of movement upfront. 2 of them preferred the ball to feet while the other 1 arguably preferred the ball into space but we kept playing into feet. City's high back line was comfortable pretty much for the entire game. 

Tuchel has messed up in two games against City this season.

The first one where he opted for a 3 man midfield of Kante, Jorginho and Kova with a front 2 of Werner & Lukaku .

And this one with the awful front 3 of Lukaku, Ziyech and Pulisic. 

Two completely different lineups., yet both inexplicable.

Wonder why he can't just use the same playbook from last year, especially when he has the players for it (minus the fullbacks)

3 minutes ago, Jase said:

Tbf I am surprised he played Rom today but personally, not that surprised he didn’t use Werner. If I am honest I was much actually more surprised he didn’t start Kai or Mason. 

He talked about lacking precision in attack, do you really think Werner is the guy to give us precision? In these bigger games? In fact are any of them ie. Timo, Ziyech, Pulisic, really consistent enough to deliver in these sort of games? I get the argument for Timo and his pace but other than that I don’t think Tuchel could of justified starting him today although again not playing Kai was a huge mistake for me.  

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We have spent £250 million on attacking talent and we played like a fucking relegation threatened side. All of the sake of starting Lukaku! It's not fucking good enough!

Lets be honest under TT, the attack hasn’t ever really looked hugely convincing on a consistent basis regardless of who plays. As alluded to above, are a majority of the attackers good/consistent enough? Do people really expect Ziyech, Werner etc to bring us up another level? Rom doesn’t suit these big games either, clearly. 

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf I am surprised he played Rom today but personally, not that surprised he didn’t use Werner. If I am honest I was much actually more surprised he didn’t start Kai or Mason. 

He talked about lacking precision in attack, do you really think Werner is the guy to give us precision? In these bigger games? In fact are any of them ie. Timo, Ziyech, Pulisic, really consistent enough to deliver in these sort of games? I get the argument for Timo and his pace but other than that I don’t think Tuchel could of justified starting him today although again not playing Kai was a huge mistake for me.  

Lets be honest under TT, the attack hasn’t ever really looked hugely convincing on a consistent basis regardless of who plays. As alluded to above, are a majority of the attackers good/consistent enough? Do people really expect Ziyech, Werner etc to bring us up another level? Rom doesn’t suit these big games either, clearly. 

What is evident, is that we are astronomically better not just in attack, but as a team as a whole when we have dynamic forwards. 

Havertz not seeing any minutes is a big question mark for me.