Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Didn't expect much but a bit disappointed. If you look at how Arsenal gave them a go recently, our effort was woeful. Especially given how we seemed to be back on the rise after the Spurs game.

The attacking lineup was also a weird one.

Will never understand how he decided to go for Pulisic AND Ziyech to start this game when there were players in much better form on the bench.

And then proceeded to keep them both on beyond the first half

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

?

The difference is a superbly run board and transfer strategy 

Nah with the same exact team, Pep would do much better with this Chelsea side. Tuchel problem is he is lacking from an attacking standpoint, you may say his players aren’t good but no doubt in my mind they would perform higher with Pep. Tuchel hasn't coached a cohesive attacking side since his Dortmund days. PSG fans were frustrated with him, because they just gave Neymar and Mbappe create something.

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Awful break down here.

Not sure if you're talking about our collapse of sorts or what I wrote. If the latter, there's no way anyone was pleased with that XI.

Yes. Lukalu has completely fucked our momentum up. 

Shocking signing. 

We all knew it.

We tried to be positive about it but let's face it... the guy is bang average, always has been, always will be.

Should have got Vlahovic... I'm telling you that guy would have been 100% better fit.

Fucking frustrating.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

To think we were 6 points clear at one point. Tuchel has to take part of the blame with the XI he chose, but City were the better side.

Even if these things had not happened (i.e. Burnley-United-West Ham etc), City would stiil achieve the double league win against us judging from both legs.
They are more fluent up in attack, that makes the difference I think and not possession as such.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

title race done and dusted

so we are playing for 4 more trophies now

And top 4 too.

Don't want us to enter another rat race again like last season. Need to keep that points gap.

Thankfully our two toughest fixtures for the second half of the season are out of the way.

Just now, cosmicway said:

Even if these things had not happened (i.e. Burnley-United-West Ham etc), City would stiil achieve the double league win against us judging from both legs.
They are more fluent up in attack, that makes the difference I think and not possession as such.

Maybe so, but it would have at least been much closer & would have shown we've improved on last season. We're 13 points behind now.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Thankfully our two toughest fixtures for the second half of the season are out of the way.

4 games against City and Liverpool this season and only gained 2 points from 12. Down from 6 last season. 

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Yes. Lukalu has completely fucked our momentum up. 

Shocking signing. 

We all knew it.

We tried to be positive about it but let's face it... the guy is bang average, always has been, always will be.

Should have got Vlahovic... I'm telling you that guy would have been 100% better fit.

Fucking frustrating.

What do you expect ?
You expect in a game where we try to do something through counterattacks Lukaku to shine ?
Neither he nor Costa, Hrubesch, Chivers or anyone like that would.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We aren’t near City’s level and won’t be for the foreseeable future in the league.

Well, its just down to recruitment. With our starting 11 fully fit we can give them a go.

I'm sure with a prime Eden Hazard, this squad which is a great cast of supporting players would have been up there.

We no longer have a marquee player in the ranks like City or Liverpool do.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Maybe so, but it would have at least been much closer & would have shown we've improved on last season. We're 13 points behind now.

We have n't improved leaguewise (plus two serious injuries and covid incidents of course).

Edited by cosmicway

1 minute ago, Jase said:

4 games against City and Liverpool this season and only gained 2 points from 12. Down from 6 last season. 

Shambolic.

I would also throw the United game in there too. Our big game management has been poor.

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

We have n't improved leaguewise (plus two serious injuries and covid incidents of course).

Finishing second (at worst) and closing the considerable cap of 19 points to City would be seen as an improvement by anyone. Not sure how this is even being questioned.

5 minutes ago, Jase said:

Should have done the double against Liverpool tbh.

Edited by LAM09

1 minute ago, milka said:

Lukaku should be sold, 30 years of age and he keeps being the worst player on the pitch every big game he plays.

No passion in him . Just  another 90mins .

Come on.
That's him.
We Greeks remember with a smirk the great legend Antoniadis (nowadays a big time lawyer) when we see Lukaku.
He was never a footballer but scored 30 goals per season.