Chelsea 1-1 Man United

Jase

20 minutes ago, Jase said:

How is it really an agenda? Lukaku was brought on to have a positive impact on the game and help us get the winner but it ended up having the opposite impact instead. 

If thats your theory then what was your thought on the other attacking players today? Did they have a positive impact? Did the other subs? The simple answer is no. 

Also it is ironic people slagging off Lukaku for coming in for 10 minutes, his only game time since being fit, I mean what did they expect? What chances did he get? Did he get any? The best chance when he was on fell to Rudiger.

Also the less said about Werner and Ziyech, the better. Honestly I don’t think they will be here next season at this rate because they offer nothing 75-80% of the time they play. I mean if the ball isn’t played clean through with no opposition players to stop him, is there any point in Werner playing really? He cant dribble people, he doesn’t create a lot chances. And today against 2 mobile CBs in Bailey and Lindelof who stayed deep limiting space in behind? 

Lukaku obviously splits the fanbase. But him playing for more than 10 minutes against those 2 CBs would of been more beneficial than someone who wants to run in behind all today because he can be more physical, he can pin players, those 2 guys aren’t great CBs physically.

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 minutes ago, Jase said:

Not defending Werner at all but United's setup was completely different to Juventus', no? The former had like 3 defensive midfielders in front of the back 4 while the latter didn't really have one and so many of the other in-form players didn't even turn up today compared to Tuesday. My guess with Werner starting is Tuchel wanted someone in the box to finish any chances (the finishing bit is another debate altogether lol) that fall in the box (bit like his goal in midweek) but of course, we didn't really create too many and even when we did, we spurned them. 

It's hard to create chances when your ST is nullified to run in behind the defence and the alternative is to have that ST try and join the build up when he isn't remotely good enough on the ball. Pulisic, although played RWB when he came on, looked far more dangerous when he came on because of his ability on the ball. These are the players you need against this type of opposition and in turn will allow us to create more chances. 

Both Lukaku and Werner are setting us back. No attacking player at City or Liverpool are as poor on the ball as those two. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If thats your theory then what was your thought on the other attacking players today? Did they have a positive impact? Did the other subs? The simple answer is no. 

Never said the others had a positive impact.

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Also it is ironic people slagging off Lukaku for coming in for 10 minutes, his only game time since being fit, I mean what did they expect? What chances did he get? Did he get any? The best chance when he was on fell to Rudiger.

It's not always just about getting chances, is it? What about the overall flow of the game?

And if the argument was that Lukaku just came back from injury and had only 10 minutes, fine. What about Werner then? It was his first start in weeks and he had played only 10-15 minutes since coming back from injury. Not defending him at all but Tuchel just said it as much.

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and you are not for this board with these ludicrous posts

should i remind everyone here what were you writing about kante, jorginho, christiensen and many more? stop embarassing yourself. there are people here who remember your posts.

23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Rudiger is best CB in universe in 2021. 

there are at least three better cbs in this club alone.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's hard to create chances when your ST is nullified to run in behind the defence and the alternative is to have that ST try and join the build up when he isn't remotely good enough on the ball. Pulisic, although played RWB when he came on, looked far more dangerous when he came on because of his ability on the ball. These are the players you need against this type of opposition and in turn will allow us to create more chances. 

My point is putting balls in from either side into the six-yard area for a tap-in or even a header etc but the execution wasn't there. 

22 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

What's Kante's problem ?

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2021/11/26/22803220/thomas-tuchel-ben-chilwell-acl-injury-provides-updates-on-mateo-kovacic-ngolo-kante-romelu-lukaku

“N’Golo twisted his knee a little bit [against Juventus]. He feels quite better since the game but it seems like he will be out for some days or one week maybe. We have a little hope but it would be almost a miracle if he makes it [to play Manchester United].”

3 minutes ago, whats happening said:

should i remind everyone here what were you writing about kante, jorginho, christiensen and many more? stop embarassing yourself. there are people here who remember your posts.

there are at least three better cbs in this club alone.

fuck off troll

2 minutes ago, Jase said:

My point is putting balls in from either side into the six-yard area for a tap-in or even a header etc but the execution wasn't there. 

Again, it's difficult when you, me, my dog and my nan knew 120 hours before hand that United would stick 5 defenders in the box the entire match. Putting in balls against a wall of 6 foot defenders for Timo Werner to tap in?

It's bizarre game management from Tuchel once again. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Just now, Jase said:

Never said the others had a positive impact.

It's not always just about getting chances, is it? What about the overall flow of the game?

The flow of the game was disrupted yes but thats what happens when you and the opposition make a combined 6 subs in a 30 odd minute period as well as how the game was going. It was getting more frantic. It simply didn’t just turn because of Lukaku, it turned because we were on edge, they were frustrating us, they scored from Jorginho’s mistake, Mendy’s made a mistake later on, the frantic need for an equaliser and trying to force it too hard.. United making more recoveries in MF second half, trying to get their ball carriers like Sancho and Lingard into the spaces we were leaving…. all these things altered the flow of the game. Not one guy playing 10 minutes.

41 minutes ago, Jase said:

As much as Jorginho fucked up for the goal, I have no idea why we had only one player back to defend against United's counter-attack in that situation. United were always looking to play on the break and pounce on any mistake and we opened the door for them. 

Shades of Kante against Arsenal.

46 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Jorginho f*cked it up. We were going to score a goal by hook or by crook and I don't understand why united did n't score a second when Mendy too made them a gift.
Lukaku cannot be judged - he played for ten minutes and it was Rudiger who missed the sitter in the end, not him.
Ziyech I agree. He is a Roma - Lanerossi player, not Chelsea.
Werner is short. That' s his problem, he is short. Don't know if there have been any short strikers in the past who acquired fame (Francis Lee maybe ?). But that's the problem and everything else being said about it is a fairytale.

I was with you until that last part. Agüero is 7cm shorter than Werner ffs . Timo is 1,80 which is perfectly average 

40 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Xmas is the time of the year chels give up the ghost, a long series of seasons now.

On the flip side,.when Chelsea has been on top of the table at that time you know what follows.

Make or break time. Good that the CWC has been postponed (I believe?)

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Again, it's difficult when you, me, my dog and my nan knew 120 hours before hand that United would stick 5 defenders in the box the entire match. Putting in balls against a wall of 6 foot defenders for Timo Werner to tap in?

It's bizarre game management from Tuchel once again. 

Again, I meant whipping in behind the defenders, like his goal in midweek.

In any case, I don't really disagree with your point why he started today.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

I was with you until that last part. Agüero is 7cm shorter than Werner ffs . Timo is 1,80 which is perfectly average 

Aguero was also world class on the ball. City's gulf of goals with Aguero was due to his ability on the ball and not relying on him making runs off of defenders with the odd chance he will score a goal. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The flow of the game was disrupted yes but thats what happens when you and the opposition make a combined 6 subs in a 30 odd minute period as well as how the game was going. It was getting more frantic. It simply didn’t just turn because of Lukaku, it turned because we were on edge, they were frustrating us, they scored from Jorginho’s mistake, Mendy’s made a mistake later on, the frantic need for an equaliser and trying to force it too hard.. United making more recoveries in MF second half, trying to get their ball carriers like Sancho and Lingard into the spaces we were leaving…. all these things altered the flow of the game. Not one guy playing 10 minutes.

I meant after he came on. But whatever. What's done is done...

7 minutes ago, whats happening said:

that was back in Sarri days when he totally wasted Kante (and at the time we could hav egotten over £120m or more for him then), and destroyed AC's confidence

plus Jorginho was overrun most every week in the Sarri system, he too time to adapt to the EPL and only really came good after Sarri left

our CB's function better in a back 3, something Sarri refused to do

I can only work, in terms of opinions on players, with what we have as a manager and how they use them