Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 1-1 Man United

Jase
Followers 1

Meh they weren't gama stay crap forever and last year managed 2nd with Ole..

It's been to many years since we have beaten them and they'll be up for it but so should we! Let's hope we can get a win against them again. If not..woops

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a predictable outcome. 

we owe them a right proper battering  

Are we really blaming the linesman and United's shitehouse tactics? Attention needs to be focused on our player's mentality against arguably the worst Manchester United side in recent memory. 4 b

------------------Mendy

--Christensen---Thiago Silva----Rudiger

--James-----Jorginho---Kante/RLC----Marcos Alonso/Azpi

-----------Mount--------Havertz(Ziyech)

--------------------Lukaku(Havertz)

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Liverpool have an easy game this weekend and although City have what should be a tough game against West Ham on paper, I’d expect them to win comfortably. So 3 points for us to maintain this small gap would be huge for us psychologically.

And we can drive a further stake in a big rivals’ top 4 hopes.

Yeah, City usually are very business like when it comes to playing bread and butter games. It's why they have often ended up being league winners in past seasons.

That being said, they've had a few stinkers this year., including that shock defeat to Palace

Edited by Blue Armour

The last  time when  Chelsea beat United in PL - Morata was main striker at Chelsea , Phil Jones and Smalling were their main defenders and Fellaini was their player 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStAROUk_tEbB9uWMUCdBI

Edited by milka
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, milka said:

The last  time when  Chelsea beat United in PL - Morata was main striker at Chelsea , Phil Jones and Smalling were their main defenders and Fellaini was their player 

I think this Sunday is the day. United without Shaw, Maguire, Varane. We will be swarming all over them and controlling lot of the game.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I think this Sunday is the day. United without Shaw, Maguire, Varane. We will be swarming all over them and controlling lot of the game.

Sounds like Shaw could play. But they’ll definitely be without some key players. Then again, so will we now. Chilly and Kante will be big misses. 

I guess Ruben will start beside Jorginho, then. Not exactly the ideal midfield pairing against a team that’s desperate to bounce back and will be purely counter attacking. The exact sort of opponent Jorginho has historically struggled against.

Hope TT goes with a really quick attack and doesn’t throw Lukaku straight back in now he’s fit.

On current form he doesn't deserve to start but I would start Mount to compensate for the energy we will miss out on with Kante not playing.

Hudson Odoi starting should go without saying and I think Ziyech deserves the other spot. 

Ngolo and Chilwell out is terrible. Not concerned about RLC bc he will no real opponent in midfield but Alonso + Jorginho playing is basically losing 1.5 players against the ball. Both are 100% useless when defending counters. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Ngolo and Chilwell out is terrible. Not concerned about RLC bc he will no real opponent in midfield but Alonso + Jorginho playing is basically losing 1.5 players against the ball. Both are 100% useless when defending counters. 

Have we actually conceded on the counter under Tuchel? 

In theory we'd be ripe for a counter but in reality Tuchel will likely find a way to protect from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, milka said:

To be fair we beat them two times in the FA Cup since. 

in other words, United's defense should to be : 

Wan Bissaka - Lindelof - Bailly - Alex Telles  🤔

Edited by milka
3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Is Kai fit?

He's in training. I think he starts. Delay the Lukaku return. We had our best phase of the season without him in the XI. 

15 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think Werner before Lukaku also. Werner has been getting minutes.

Werner struggles against good opposition - heavy touches, unsure finish. Can't remember a goal he's scored against a half-decent team other than a tap in vs Real

Given the state United are in, fully expect them to sit back deep and catch us on the break. Has to be Havertz or Lukaku up front

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Strike said:

Given the state United are in, fully expect them to sit back deep and catch us on the break. Has to be Havertz or Lukaku up front

Tuchel already said Lukaku is very unlikely to start and implied that he's still short of match fitness. My guess is that Havertz will start (although he had minor hamstring injury this past week). If not, Werner unless Tuchel wants to go with Pulisic upfront again or risk throwing our rhythm out of the window by starting Lukaku.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Werner struggles against good opposition - heavy touches, unsure finish. Can't remember a goal he's scored against a half-decent team other than a tap in vs Real

Are people really still going on about the heavy touches? Jesus fucking Christ! Do people think the players don't work their shortcomings in training?

Unsure finish? Yes, Havertz and Lukaku have been banging in the goals, haven't they? They haven't missed chances, have they?

Tap-in or not, is it still not a goal? He just scored against Juventus in midweek. He also managed to score against Spurs last season (before they went shit) as well as West Ham and would have also gotten a goal at Anfield if it wasn't for stupid offside call. Furthermore, you're talking about a player who has played his part in helping us win big matches before, having contributed some vital assists. So while he may not have been scoring goals regularly, he isn't completely useless like you're making him out to be and by now, it should be obvious that we don't just create chances for the striker with the way we play.

• Like 1
  • Jase changed the title to Chelsea 1-1 Man United