Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Brentford 0-1 Chelsea

Followers 0

1 minute ago, Milan said:

You just have to respect the opponent. They fight real hard and even after the final whistle after losing to us, their fans were singing. Lovely to see. They really cherish the opportunity.

That's it. They just went for it and kept going for it. Had Mendy been bit off or they hadn't hit the post twice They could've won that. Crazy. Hope they stay up and this isn't a blip

• Like 1
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just have to respect the opponent. They fight real hard and even after the final whistle after losing to us, their fans were singing. Lovely to see. They really cherish the opportunity.

Lukaku was shit - but if we had Fabregas in our team he would score more. We just don't release the ball quick enough- so frustrating.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

What a night. Can’t believe we hung on for 20misn va fkin Brent Ford but int break and half the defence injured are mitigating factors

our strikers are still useless tho cos the team has 0 clue how to work with quick, counter attacking forwards 

We have a 100 million tree leading the line offering nothing. 

Wow just wow Mendy, Cech you beauty.

Also RLC was not comfortable with the ball at the end, it seems like he didnt want to take responsibility. Kept on waiting for someone else do take charge. Thats what I saw anyway.

The ball bouncing off Lukakus back was the last straw for Tuchel lol dragged him off after that, his off ball work rate is not good.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kong said:

If u think that was bad defending, then fuck me what's good defending? 

Individuals did well but collectively it was piss , a good defensive display limits the opposition to very few chances , especially mediocre opposition like Brentford 

Just now, Muzchap said:

Lukaku was shit - but if we had Fabregas in our team he would score more.

We just don't release the ball quick enough- so frustrating.

Very true.

Seen a moment where Chilwell could have then he eventually does and Lukaku’s offside - was chance he tried to cross for Werner low and hard across the box - which happens 4/5 times a game.

Ball doesn’t come soon enough, he is offside - same with Werner sometimes also. This will hold us back a lot.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, lucio said:

Individuals did well but collectively it was piss , a good defensive display limits the opposition to very few chances , especially mediocre opposition like Brentford 

I think your confusing it some what, why is it always WE where bad defensively? Why can't we just appreciate what Brentford just tried to do to us they was nothing short of brilliant and we stopped them every time to me thats been good defensively.

• Like 1

I really dont give a rats ass how we won, 3pts here is massive after int games and plenty injured players, pool was lucky to get a draw here.

Yes we have issues but TT will iron those out im sure. As I said earlier this is a grind match and we did just that.

• Like 1

I know it's naughty- but I really really really like the way Brentford play. I want them to stay up.

They have done an amazing job over the past few years.

It was a proper game of football and as @Vespersaid, for once Taylor didn't fuck us over. I really enjoyed the game. 

Chalobah and Sarr needed that type of game.

Like I just finished explaining to my Man City supporting friend (who can't seem to figure out why I was so happy) this kind of wins makes the difference in the end.

Inevitably people are going to forget how shit we were against Brentford today, however the 3 points from the match might and probably will be vital in May.

Edited by different level
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, lucio said:

Spot on. Sarr and Mendy were ace individually but we were all over the shop collectively. We allowed them chances over and over again in our box. They hit the post multiple times. Mendy saved our skin like 4 times.

Another day and we concede several. That thought combined with our horrendous looking attacking play is concerning.

Yes, 3 points is 3 points, but there are quite a few worrying signs. Every attacking player looking gash is chief amongst them. Our defenders are more clinical than our expensive attackers.

• Like 1
  • Jase changed the title to Brentford - Chelsea
17 minutes ago, lucio said:

Where the defenders actually poor though or did Brentford keep winning a lot of second balls in midfield/keep overloading the far post in the second half?

Lets not deny that Kante, Kovacic and Ruben struggled in the second half with the intensity and once we got the ball, we lacked the composure to keep it and play through them (ironically think Tuchel missed a chance to bring Jorginho on for RLC last 15-20 mins or so to try get control in there again).

I don’t think you can say those 3 in the backline did poorly or didn’t play as a unit. For their first game together, I felt every one of them did well and whilst we struggled with Brentford overloading the far post a lot (as did Liverpool and Arsenal), you cannot say it was really the 3 CBs who were really at fault. The wingbacks when they dropped in to help out, aren’t particularly great in the air and were always likely going to be second best up against their men. 

Obviously you defend as a team, all 11 players and today the midfield and the wingbacks weren’t particularly good by any stretch of the imagination. Even more so second half, where the midfield was very exposed and very reactive instead of proactive to second balls. We seen this v Spurs for us. Brentford upped the intensity and worked their arses off in there. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Sarr shocked me. Solid defending.

Really? I actually thought he had a bad game. Many shaky moments. 

Edited by Beigl
1 minute ago, Beigl said:

Really? I actually thought he had a bad game. Many very shaky moments. 

Wtf did you watch!?!? out of the three he was probably the best, or was it just me no? 

Edited by OneMoSalah
  • Jase changed the title to Brentford 0-1 Chelsea