Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Juventus 1-0 Chelsea


 Share
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I know Saul is a project, but after what RLC showed for 15 minutes....I would be investing in his return.

Ruben has hardly done anything, his “return in form” has been largely exaggerated. He still hasn’t done anything of note to prove he is worthy of being a regular here. Where as Saul has proven himself over the last however many years at Atletico and whilst he has struggled so far, give him some time yet. He will come good, hes far too good not to.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was playing right wing the entire 90 in favor of Lukaku. That is not his position. 

Specifically bought to finished those chances.  If he isn't scoring he literally is zero use.

I think European games are more suited for Ziyech. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ruben has hardly done anything, his “return in form” has been largely exaggerated. He still hasn’t done anything of note to prove he is worthy of being a regular here. Where as Saul has proven himself over the last however many years at Atletico and whilst he has struggled so far, give him some time yet. He will come good, hes far too good not to.

RLC was able to handle the players pressing him in the 15 minutes he played and controlled the ball. Saul has not shown that yet. I am all for Saul returning to form, but if you are going to determine game minutes by how they are currently doing, RLC is ahead of Saul imo. RLC is still a young man who can make his game better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

 

And none of this concerns me because we have such a big squad depth.

With all these players out we will still have one of Ziyech/Havertz/Werner on the bench. Two of RLC/Saul/Jorginho/Kovacic and one of Silva/Chris/Azpi/CHO...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Expected juve xi looks a lot like Spurs quality wise. With Lukaku we are far more comfortable vs slightly inferior teams whilst we will struggle more vs superior teams 

will be interesting to face another back 5 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

RLC was able to handle the players pressing him in the 15 minutes he played and controlled the ball. Saul has not shown that yet. I am all for Saul returning to form, but if you are going to determine game minutes by how they are currently doing, RLC is ahead of Saul imo. RLC is still a young man who can make his game better.

He turns 26 in about three months. He hasn´t done anything notable in his career and with his technical limitations I doubt his game will get better. As sad as it sounds I think people should accept that he won´t become a starting player at a club. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beigl said:

He turns 26 in about three months. He hasn´t done anything notable in his career and with his technical limitations I doubt his game will get better. As sad as it sounds I think people should accept that he won´t become a starting player at a club. 

It could be the case. I am still hopeful that Conor and Billy get there. RLC was looking the real deal before the achilles injury. CHO has also leveled off from his promising future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

RLC was able to handle the players pressing him in the 15 minutes he played and controlled the ball. Saul has not shown that yet. I am all for Saul returning to form, but if you are going to determine game minutes by how they are currently doing, RLC is ahead of Saul imo. RLC is still a young man who can make his game better.

Wow…. The thing is though, if a professional footballer cannot handle being pressed/taking the ball under pressure in moments of games he shouldn’t be a professional footballer.

And its not even just about taking the ball under pressure, its what can you do with it. For Ruben, the end product has been as big a concern as his fitness throughout his career at spells here, Palace and Fulham. I dont care if he can take the ball on the half turn and beat 5 players because if he cannot provid key passes, goals or assists in the final third, for someone who is seen as an attacking midfielder then that makes him a problem.

Aye Saul had a poor game v Villa, Tuchel got that wrong, he openly said he thougut he was ready and he wasn’t. Saul when he gets up to speed will surprise a lot of people though, had an indifferent campaign maybe last season by his usual accounts but still played virtually every minute in a title winning team. Ruben had a full pre season here also, Saul signed on deadline day, so he may need some time to get accustomed to the group and the PL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saul has had two unimpressive outings. Both times he could not handle the press. As harsh as you are criticizing RLC, that needs to be applied to all. Saul may come good, he may not. The only thing I have said is game time needs to be earned. So far RLC has been more composed and less of a liability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruben 'bodied' Foden and dribbling in transition the only reason people want him to start. What happened after he dribbled in transition? Had his head down and played it safe. He did it at Palace and was criticised. He did it at Fulham and was criticised.  Does the same thing as Kovacic except Kovacic is more disciplined in this system, and at the very least Kovacic has somewhat improved his final ball this season, although still horrid. 

As I alluded to, Saul on form is the most complete of our midfielders. He will be more important long term this season so it is crucial we get him up to speed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patrick Bamford said:

 

was he fully vaxxed?

if not, then he is a fucking cunt

any and all of them who are not fully vaxxed are fucking cunts

I am NOT drawing a line between sports and the rest of life and giving football players a pass

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

was he fully vaxxed?

if not, then he is a fucking cunt

any and all of them who are not fully vaxxed are fucking cunts

I am NOT drawing a line between sports and the rest of life and giving football players a pass

But it doesn't stop you catching it.. So why are you so angry? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

if he cannot provid key passes, goals or assists in the final third, for someone who is seen as an attacking midfielder then that makes him a problem.

This is weird coming from you because you always jump on every criticism towards Mount about same thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Euros required players to be vaxed, but some teams that went out fast may not have completed both stabs. Not sure about the timing of France's exit?

Link to post
Share on other sites

-------------- Mendy-----

---Christensen--Silva---Rudiger

--Azpi---Jorginho---Kovacic---Alonso

----Havertz----Lukaku----Werner 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Euros required players to be vaxed, but some teams that went out fast may not have completed both stabs. Not sure about the timing of France's exit?

Around half PL players are not vaccinated. And some NBA players are threatening to end career if they have to be vaccinated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, guddy69 said:

But it doesn't stop you catching it.. So why are you so angry? 

I asked if he was fully vaxxed or not

IF you are fully vaxxed it is possible (but FAR less likely) to catch it, and the odds of you being hospitalised or dying are staggeringly lower than for an unvaxxed person

I detest anti-vaxxer crackpots and vax refuseniks

they are playing a major role in continuing the pandemic and vastly increasing the odds that a VOHC (variant of high consequence) is brewed up out there

89ad29848e6c588fc4ada0dacf588343.pngbdcc0aabc76c12018802b8bf9bad40f0.png

 

Edited by Vesper
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Saul has had two unimpressive outings. Both times he could not handle the press. As harsh as you are criticizing RLC, that needs to be applied to all. Saul may come good, he may not. The only thing I have said is game time needs to be earned. So far RLC has been more composed and less of a liability. 

There is no point arguing with OneMoSalah regarding RLC, he has been shitting on him for years. You could talk to a wall and have a more sane conversation.

Saul is not a Chelsea player and has been underperforming for years. Many Barca and Madrid fans have stated he is extremely overrated and living off of his goal against Bayern. I am willing to give him a few more opportunities to see what he can do. But time is ticking to invest in a player you don’t own.

RLC is performing as Tuchel has said, he has earned those minutes based on his play. I don’t know why the opinion on RLC is so extreme, guys there is a middle ground between being a regular and never playing. Right now RLC is contributing positively, and is being rewarded with more playing time. Simple as that, and by the end of season you could sell him for a higher fee if the clubs sees it that way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jase changed the title to Juventus 1-0 Chelsea
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...