Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Great 2nd half, I always felt MF three of Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic did not have last word after Sarri left. In 352 they can also work great!

Silva, Alonso, Kova, Kante all masterclass performance.

Defensively Chris-Silva-Rudi is our best lineup with Azpi RWB. We used this against Real and this is by far best option for biggest games, should have used it in Liverpool also, in the end James costed us.

At this point it is on us to lose title, we are number one favorites.

Champions League final?

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Champions League final?

James played for Chris that game. Dont get me wrong we have good defense almost in any lineup but the one I mentioned is number one. Azpi and Chris and better defensively than James and it is not even close.

First of all.. the original line up worried me before the game and to a certain extent,, us who worried, were correct. First half was abysmal.

Second half was fantastic and bringing on Kante changed everything despite what the pundits said. Our domination took the souls of the Totwnham players and they lost all momentum they had in the first. 

Also, I know Werner misses absolute bankers but that guy changes the whole dynamic when he enters the pitch. His pace and energy is fantastic... I think we seriously have to look at him playing in the left at some point. I think him and Lukaku could be great. 

Talking of Lukaku. Tonight he was poor. Not totally shit but he was poor. TT needs to work on the attacking players finding the right pass and making the right decision when on the counter. Its becoming tedious already. 

Kova was fantastic once again alongside Jorginho but if he ever fucks around with a chance like that again.. he needs to be slapped E-Honda style. 

Overall fantastic performance but we can do alot better. Once we start playing at full force.... Jeez.. it will be mesmeric.

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we are the best defensive football team on the planet

first time we can say that since 2004/5

I have been saying for months we can break 15 goals record from that season.

For now 5 games and only 1 pen conceded.

@OhForAGreavsie said no chance. I wonder what he thinks now?

This team does not look like conceding any...

Good gritty win. Faced some adversary yet came through. The team just is not faced mentally by being battered for patches, they just switch Up a gear and strike back.  One worrying sign tho . We stand and fall with Kante. If he is not there to protect jorginhos slow ass, we produce turnovers . All of our attackers were harmless today. Apart from lukaku it’s no surprise sadly. We really need to be in the market for a well rounded winger/am 

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Good gritty win. Faced some adversary yet came through. The team just is not faced mentally by being battered for patches, they just switch Up a gear and strike back.  One worrying sign tho . We stand and fall with Kante. If he is not there to protect jorginhos slow ass, we produce turnovers . All of our attackers were harmless today. Apart from lukaku it’s no surprise sadly. We really need to be in the market for a well rounded winger/am 

Two of Havertz, Mount, Zieych should never play together behind Lukaku. We dont have pacy wing backs as well. One of these 3 players should play with one of faster ones Werner, Pulisic, CHO.

Today I feel I have been proven right about many things:

1. People dont need to worry about Kepa.

2. Alonso over Ben for LWB role since TT is here from day one easily which I have been saying.

3. Set pieces. 

I knew Mount was taken off from set pieces in the end of last season but with no Chilwell, James and Zieych did not know even Alonso and CHO are ahead of him...

He was taken off after round of 36th last season. and since then we scored 3 corner goals in 7 PL games. 

Rudiger against LC in round of 37, Havertz against Liverpool and Silva today. Corners taken by Chilwell, James and Alonso.

4. We are better team offensively without MM but truth being told apart from Lukaku no one is delivering constantly but my biggest hope is for Kai and Puli.

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

@OhForAGreavsie said no chance. I wonder what he thinks now?

🙂 I also said no chance we'd win the CL in 2012. Then I said there was no chance we'd win the CL in 2021. I'm not always wrong however. In November 2009 I said there was no chance we would win a thing that season. Well we didn't win 'a' thing, we won two things. It's a kind of genius I have so, no, there's no chance we'll break the Premier League goals conceded record!😉

Of course I didn't really have any universe altering reverse manipulation of the fates in mind when I said those things. I said them because I meant them and I still believe we have no chance of beating that record. It's an incredible one.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Superb game and a tactical masterclass indeed! The ability to analyze the game in real time and accordingly make changes which can alter the results in our favor is what is expected from manager and Tuchel is keeping up to that expectations. In terms of in game management, Tuchel is 10/10. 

We couldnt control the first half though we defended very well and the duo of Kane / Son hardly had serious attempt despite being in control. Mount wasnt in his element yesterday and a change was much needed. Introduction of Kante got us what we missed in the first half with Werner come in later opened up spaces. We should had scored around 5 goals. 

MOTM was clearly Thiago Silva, what an effort. In control, was a menace for the opponents, scored a goal, closed down the open spaces behind. Kudos!!! 

Clearly this is a well oiled team in play with the Manager along with his staff keeping an Eagle eye in game for any improvement. Superb!!! Hope this doesnt end :)

In the second half we became something like the title winning Chelsea sides of yesteryear....a relentless blue machine.

Lukaku and Werner looked real dangerous on the break. I'm hoping to see more of that this season, albeit with goals scored!

We may have Man City next in the League but I am actually more worried about the Brentford away game which comes directly after the international break. The break always kills our momentum and coming back to face them, that will be a challenge, as silly as it sounds. But that should be the last international break for a while, shouldn't it?