Saul Niguez

Milan

On 01/09/2021 at 23:27, milka said:

E-OG4QTVcAUqi-A?format=jpg&name=small

Someone please replace Lee Parker on these player interviews. He's scripted, boring and stiff. He seems unable to interact with interviewees and just ploughs on with the next question. It's always the same questions too. Lee is a good stadium announcer but Ben Andrews totally outclasses him as an interviewer. Please somebody notice this and take action.

Very poor debut. Lost count how many times he passed backwards when we had options going forward and then theres his awareness, he was caught on the ball or intercepted until half time!

Hopefully he can build some form/fitness/awareness asap

Boy what a mess this debut performance. Looked completely off the pace. Coming from a slower league, first game in PL is a ride in the washing machine we know that but i did not expect him to struggle this badly. He bitterly needs to realize how little time he has one the ball here.

yeah he was very poor... worse debut than ramires had (or maybe ramires struggled more in the subsequent matches?). 

So, nope he won't adapt to PL's tempo right away. If tuchel's idea was to rest Jorgi right away, well that's not going to happen.

The thing that worried me was his desire to run back once he lost the ball. Bloke looked uninterested, which is concerning considering it was his debut for fuck sake. 

People have been saying, you don't get much time in the Prem ect..which in most cases can be true but its a fallacy to say you have no time at all. Sometimes see Jorginho strolling around with all the time in the World due to his positioning and reading of the game. Saul was making hurrendous passes with zero pressure on him. 

Absolutely no excuse for some of what we saw out there from a 'so called' top professional footballer. 

Edited by DDA

3 points

1. @Vybz Kartel is spot on about the left footedness and us playing balls to his wrong side.

2. The lad needs to hit the weight room with a strength coach. The EPL is a bully-boy league and Saul is not a regista type like Jorgi, who can dance around and avoid getting pushed off the ball. He is going to be more direct.

3. Tuchel is master technician and I have confidence he will sort him. Saul was the top tackler (number of tackles) in all of La Liga cumulatively from 2015 until he left, and that was counting his fucked up season last year, and far too many games at LB (which helped to fuck him up last season).

On 11/09/2021 at 20:47, DDA said:

The thing that worried me was his desire to run back once he lost the ball. Bloke looked uninterested, which is concerning considering it was his debut for fuck sake. 

People have been saying, you don't get much time in the Prem ect..which in most cases can be true but its a fallacy to say you have no time at all. Sometimes see Jorginho strolling around with all the time in the World due to his positioning and reading of the game. Saul was making hurrendous passes with zero pressure on him. 

Absolutely no excuse for some of what we saw out there from a 'so called' top professional footballer. 

Can't disagree that it was a worrying debut, but here's a very strong silver lining:

Bakayoko had a great debut! ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe how clueless he is. I was so pushing for this move. Deeply disappointed. On paper he has got everything. But some Spanish players just become bambi on ice when you take them out of a spanish team. At least he did not make any cataclysmic mistakes this time, just was anonymous. Even RLC looked better. Defensively just as shit but at least RLC is able to exert his trademark dynamic bursts through midfield again whilst saul seems to have forgotten everything he used to be good at.

20 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Can't believe how clueless he is. I was so pushing for this move. Deeply disappointed. On paper he has got everything. But some Spanish players just become bambi on ice when you take them out of a spanish team. At least he did not make any cataclysmic mistakes this time, just was anonymous. Even RLC looked better. Defensively just as shit but at least RLC is able to exert his trademark dynamic bursts through midfield again whilst saul seems to have forgotten everything he used to be good at.

Ya GIF - Yeah Okay Head Nod GIFs

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

We can't offload him in Jan, can we?

I suppose we could terminate the loan (we would pay a penalty I am sure), or loan him to another side for 6 months.

I am shocked at how shit he has been. Makes no sense. He was, for 4 or 5 years, a WC beast of a CMF until last season, right when he entered his ultra-prime years. I cannot think, off the top of my head, another MF atm who was so good and now has just collapsed in his mid 20's, and not injury-related.

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I suppose we could terminate the loan (we would pay a penalty I am sure), or loan him to another side for 6 months.

I am shocked at how shit he has been. Makes no sense. He was, for 4 or 5 years, a WC beast of a CMF until last season, right when he entered his ultra-prime years. I cannot think, off the top of my head, another MF atm who was so good and now has just collapsed in his mid 20's, and not injury-related.

A club can loan out a loanee?

Edited by manpe

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I was suspicious when he signed. He knew he had a fight on to even be first substitute and was still happy to come.