Saul Niguez

Milan

7 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If he regains his form or anywhere near it, this deal is gold. If he doesn't, it was nice getting to know him.

Yep. If he works out we’ve got the best midfield group in the world. If he doesn’t, we go out and sign Rice next summer.

Can see this going so well. There is never a guarantee, but if he accepts this challenge his quality should shine through.

He knows how to grind in a defensive system yet he is a technical maestro. has no signficant weaknesses, can defend and attack. Not exactly SFL but can bang in a few long rangers and time his late runs. His only really oustanding strength is probably his ball control and dribbling but his completeness alone makes him stand out from our midfielders.

My absolute favourite goal of his, completely fell from the sofa when it went in

I can already hear the outcry here if he won't magically rebuild his form in the airplane and hit the ground running here. The club gambled on suqad player and some people expect him to score goals and totally change our midfield; Well, isn't Atleti letting him go cause he is kind of not performing? Good business, but way too high expectations. 

Edited by Vegetable

4 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I can already hear the outcry here if he won't magically rebuild his form in the airplane and hit the ground running here. The club gambled on suqad player and some people expect him to score goals and totally change our midfield; Well, isn't Atleti letting him go cause he is kind of not performing? Good business, but way too high expectations. 

I think his decline in form is greatly exaggerated. He did not turn out the player he was promised to be 5 years ago and pretty much stagnated. I guess his attacking instics were curbed by playing too long under simeone. Yet he remains a technically accomplished player, very versatile with tactical nous and discipline. And i don't think ppl will be triggered to much if this is not a success, after all it is just a loan so far.

Honestly just gonna say it. €5m euros loan. Unbelievable deal.

He is so rounded as a player - dribbling, tackling, interceptions, reading the game, goals, assists, athleticism, versatility - you name it, he can do it.

People reading too far into Atletico wanting or willing to let him go, its not because of his quality that is for sure, it will be the player wanting a new challenge or his salary or the fee they could get for him maybe. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

I am not expecting it anytime soon but we now have really interesting options to play 3 MFs. 

Would love to try 4312

Kante  Jorginho  Saul

Ziyech/Havertz

Lukaku Werner/Havertz