Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

17 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The more I watch Broja the more I am favoring going into the season with Havertz, Werner, and Broja as the CF options. 

Based on one game v Bournemouth? We still need a CF. I am not against Broja taking Giroud’s spot in the squad but if we sell Abraham, then another recognised CF is 100% needed. And a good one at that.

Werner and Havertz will improve but again, they didn’t get enough goals between them last season to say that we would be good to rely on them this season. Think they got 10 league goals between them. 

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Based on one game v Bournemouth? We still need a CF. I am not against Broja taking Giroud’s spot in the squad but if we sell Abraham, then another recognised CF is 100% needed. And a good one at that.

Werner and Havertz will improve but again, they didn’t get enough goals between them last season to say that we would be good to rely on them this season. Think they got 10 league goals between them. 

City don’t get Kane I think it’s a risk worth taking

20 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The more I watch Broja the more I am favoring going into the season with Havertz, Werner, and Broja as the CF options. 

This is why pre-season is deceiving. One decent/good performance and people believe that is the answer to all our questions. Sometimes the player with a point to prove or looking to eagerly impress the manager often do impress more. I remember Kenedy few seasons ago looking good. I mean if people think Broja is better than Abraham right now, then based on what? Abraham is a proven goalscorer in the Championship and Premiership and also scored more than Broja in the youth set ups too. I think Broja is a huge talent but when the season starts and suddenly he gets thrown in the deep end and looks a little bit lost, then the cries will be "why did we not sign a striker"? Broja had a good first season of professional football but that is it. One season of pro football he has played in the Eredivisie. We will need to see much more games than the Bournemouth one to judge.

23 minutes ago, Stats said:

This is why pre-season is deceiving. One decent/good performance and people believe that is the answer to all our questions. Sometimes the player with a point to prove or looking to eagerly impress the manager often do impress more. I remember Kenedy few seasons ago looking good. I mean if people think Broja is better than Abraham right now, then based on what? Abraham is a proven goalscorer in the Championship and Premiership and also scored more than Broja in the youth set ups too. I think Broja is a huge talent but when the season starts and suddenly he gets thrown in the deep end and looks a little bit lost, then the cries will be "why did we not sign a striker"? Broja had a good first season of professional football but that is it. One season of pro football he has played in the Eredivisie. We will need to see much more games than the Bournemouth one to judge.

Except it is clear as day Tuchel doesn't rate Tammy and Broja fits better in his system.

We are not getting Haaland and there really is no next best thing. 

41 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Except it is clear as day Tuchel doesn't rate Tammy and Broja fits better in his system.

I'd imagine we would sign someone else if we don't sign Haaland. 

2 hours ago, Stats said:

I mean if people think Broja is better than Abraham right now, then based on what? Abraham is a proven goalscorer in the Championship and Premiership and also scored more than Broja in the youth set ups too. I think Broja is a huge talent but when the season starts and suddenly he gets thrown in the deep end and looks a little bit lost, then the cries will be "why did we not sign a striker"? Broja had a good first season of professional football but that is it. One season of pro football he has played in the Eredivisie. We will need to see much more games than the Bournemouth one to judge.

I seem to remember there was this similar argument two years ago as why to why Mount "couldn't be better than RLC".

I wouldn't be against Tammy staying as a rotation option in alternative circumstances but not only does he not fit Tuchel's system/plans he doesn't want to stay either (the repeated reluctance to sign a new contract even when he was playing says everything).

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Broja may suit his system better but you are basing it on one game. Inconclusive to say that yet imo.

32 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I seem to remember there was this similar argument two years ago as why to why Mount "couldn't be better than RLC".

I wouldn't be against Tammy staying as a rotation option in alternative circumstances but not only does he not fit Tuchel's system/plans he doesn't want to stay either (the repeated reluctance to sign a new contract even when he was playing says everything).

Mount was outstanding in our youth teams and was outstanding on loan at Vitesse and Derby. Broja done very well at Vitesse but did he have the form where you are thinking, "he gets into Chelsea's stikeforce mix next season". I wouldn't say he did. I mean he certainly may fare better with better players but I just think that would be very risky to sell Abraham and not buy another striker.

23 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

City don’t get Kane I think it’s a risk worth taking

If City don’t get Kane they will still get Grealish (90% sure it’ll happen now) as well as have De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez and Foden who will get them a lot of goals. Even Gabriel Jesus if he plays regularly from the start if they dont buy a CF will get them a lot of goals as he has proven at City he is capable of getting decent numbers in limited minutes despite not being an elite CF or first choice, getting a goal every second game more or less at City. Man United have got Sancho, Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood and Fernandes who will also get a lot of goals. Liverpool have got Mane, Salah, Jota who will undoubtedly score a lot of goals. Firmino will also contribute.

Not signing someone who will score a minimum of between 10-15 league goals next season would be stupidity if we want to be serious and compete for the title. The likes of Werner and Havertz may come good but they got 6 and 4 league goals last season. The others such as Mount got 6, CHO 2, Ziyech 2 and Pulisic 4. Regardless of them all improving their returns we still need to get a regular and reliable goalscorer to try and bridge the gap between us and City.

TT and his tactics can only get us so far because eventually, we will need that killer at the top end of the pitch. Werner isn’t that killer player in the final third, he probably is always going to be a secondary or third source of goals in a top team. Havertz isn’t going to be that guy either I don’t think, despite the promising performances as a false 9 when Tuchel came in. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

22 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Broja suits better because he is much faster than Tammy. Also, Broja is decent at heading the ball, while Tammy is horrific at that. I would love Broja to stay. He can easily play the Werner role or the no. 9 role.