Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

F - Italy v England

Followers 1

7 minutes ago, Milan said:

What does this mean? A team that won a pk shootout in the playoff had never gone on to win the tournament? Because I can think of Germany in 96.

Apologies. Phrased that wrongly. Saw this tweet earlier but I supposed Croatia did it in 2018?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hilarious how its called 'social media'  -most I've seen is anti-social media

Oh well at least we can all be proud to support the best English club on the best English website run by that great Englishman James 😜

And don't miss out Belgium, with the talent they've got and they always choke😲

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

They did try to play, but most of the time were pushed back by a superior team. Italy’s midfield can keep the ball a lot better than England’s who employ good midfield players but of a more defensive nature.

The midfield is one thing but what did England do when they got to the final third? 

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

won the by far biggest one tho

Well yeah but it's more to the point that he's lost a lot of them now at a young age. Hope it doesn't weigh him down or anything.

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

0/4 @ Wembley

Good spot. Didn't realize that. lol

Jorginho is the real definition  of a winner and someone that every team needs.

He has been  ridiculed  , abused , doubted  by a lot of  people  but he  still kept  going .

Winner mentality .

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, milka said:

He has been  ridiculed  , abused , doubted  by a lot of  people  but he  still kept  going .

Winner mentality .

3/3? So are we just gonna pretend the 2 FA Cup finals and 1 League Cup final didn't happen? lol

• Like 1

xd

Embarrassing stuff from Southgate really. He has such a talented squad, and still clanked his way through with some boring ass football. Feel bad for the young lads who had to take a pen, why the fuck is Saka one to take the decider?! Even if he asked to do it, that should never be his decision. Where was Sterling or Grealish or anyone more experienced? Rashford pen was also hilarious. But having him and Sancho who barely played all tournament come on with 1 min left, to take pens was... Quite a decision.

Either way, for me the right winner in the end. Italy have been exciting to watch, and I like their style. Mancini is leagues above most of the coaches at this tournament too.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, milka said:

Winner mentality .

Europa League

Champions League

European Championship. 

Joins Juan Mata. 

As a Scotsman, what a night. Please don’t take it the wrong way. 

Firstly I never thought I would see England in a major competition final so to see them lose one, on penalties… well its mental.

Feel a bit sorry for the England fans a bit also because it probably quite a surreal journey in a same way it was for us getting to the Euros also but think Southgate’s definitely only able to take that team to where it is now. There has got to be a way to get more offensive players in there and players who have more composure in midfield particularly. Rice and Phillips began to crumble under the pressure eventually when Italy started pressing second half onwards.

No idea what it must be like to be an Italian but after struggling first half, the character and resilience they showed taking a real grip of the game is why they’ve gone like 3 years without losing. Amazing mentality. Fair play to Mancini also because changing a CF for a winger and playing with a false 9 for a bit also that definitely helped them change the tide of the game and they went up a few gears. 

What a tournament by the way. In general, the refereeing bar the Sterling penalty v Denmark was off a very good quality, VAR used exceptionally, lots of positives to take from it from that side. And Christian Eriksen obviously being on the mend also. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Kane started so well and had some nice touches, more than can be said for most of the team tonight. The management and the team itself cost themselves the final, Italy were there for the taking in the first period.

3 minutes ago, Jas said:

Fraud, just a guy in a three piece for the face of St James Park and the corrupt FA.

Worst thing he could do is quit, he at least has Holland with him now, and realistically, where will he go? 

Of course it was ManUre shite and Southgate's stupid subs that ultimately let england down. When you miss 3/5 pens in a shoot out you really don't deserve to win anything. Rashford miss surprised me a little but Saka I called.

Also thanks to Italy's win I won quite a lot of money so good one Donnarumma ;)

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Harry Kane once again running around like a fucking headless chicken, no leadership but he won't get slagged off...he's shite.

A serious conversation needs to be had about him and when it matters most.

35 minutes ago, Jas said:

The midfield is one thing but what did England do when they got to the final third? 

Not enough support then. Phillips and rice are pretty mediocre in attack, but are good defensive mids.

you pick your best players and make the team work to their strengths. Think southgate did exactly that. Perhaps could’ve used more some of the youngsters, but it’s easy to say that from afar. Maybe he did not like what he saw from them.

Edited by robsblubot

We were lucky we got to play in the much easier side of the draw really.we have enough talent to win any tournament these days but a manager who holds back too many that are ready (Grealish,Foden,Sancho,James) whilst pushing forward those who aren't (Saka) or just plain out of form (Henderson) it's felt from his selections/subs.throughout the tournament that he's treated it like a pre-season tournament for the WC. Great leadership from Kane too taking the first/least pressure penalty and giving the pressure pens to kids.that wasn't time for make a wish come true moment that was fookin ' child abuse.As if his prior performance wasn't an indicat ion Saka was out of his depth,they pushed his head down.19 year old's should never take the 5th pen in a major tournament,whatever the result it will have a bad effect on him.

2 hours ago, Jas said:

3/3? So are we just gonna pretend the 2 FA Cup finals and 1 League Cup final didn't happen? lol

those FA Cups were stolen by PGMOL

I dont give a toss about them

if something doesn't change in English football refereeing, I might pack it in

the corruption is insane 

Liverpool should NOT be in the CL for instance, that Baggie game was flat out fixed

do not even get me started on Manure

• Like 1