Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

QF - Ukraine v England

Followers 0

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Fuck -was still watching it. just realised i paused the TV for an hour¬†ūüôÉ

WTF!? ūü§£

Just did a quick check and it seems wearing mask is not mandatory while seated - https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/28/what-are-wimbledons-social-distancing-rules-twitter-blasts-event-for-crammed-crowd/. That also explains why people were wearing a mask when walking out.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its weird but also haven’t you guys already had 4 games at Wembley? Its one of them where it was always going to go that way at some point. Although fans or/and home advantage would be a big boost esp

But it is more transmissible and who knows, it could pass onto people with health problems, including the elderly. lol Otte will certainly have to cut out the dumb errors.

5 of 8 England goals are headers. This is their best chance against Italy. 

1 minute ago, Jas said:

WTF!? ūü§£

Just did a quick check and it seems wearing mask is not mandatory while seated - https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/28/what-are-wimbledons-social-distancing-rules-twitter-blasts-event-for-crammed-crowd/. That also explains why people were wearing a mask when walking out.

Ah that explains why people were putting on masks as we walked out of the cinema..

Tbh a lot here are doing what they want now....another lockdown in Autumn then.

27 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

lol yeah i read the conversation afterwards... slow day at the office it seems

why don't you like him? i never had that much of an issue with murray. sure his playing style is a bit drab but i always liked how he is not the perfect robot professional, showing emotions with his self-irony. kinda likeable.

Dour, mawkish, monotone, self indulgent, annoying mother, I could go on...

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

All that I ask is that we don't go overboard and think we've got them beat already.

I don't want us to be like the sweaty's and thinking that a draw with England was the most important thing in football for them, with us beating Germany.

Then as expected they got fucked by Croatia.

Treat the Ukrainians with respect keep dismissing them at our peril.

Shevchenko don't need to do a team talk the English media have already done that.

And i've seen the post calling them "amateurs" how disrespectful is that? with many more opinions like that we'll end up motivating them beyond belief.

Edited by bigbluewillie
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Aye perhaps they are or were but they wont be now considering Switzerland and Ukraine are in still but your not going to tell me the media hasn’t done their thing once the teams went into the knockouts, getting excited about finals and semi finals etc. when they still need to win the games. Like in 2018 before Croatia and Belgium both schooled them in how to play big games in tournament football. 

You‚Äôd also think England won 4 or 5-0 yesterday with Southgate using words like ‚Äúimmense‚ÄĚ and the reaction from various pundits and media.

I'm not saying England IS the underdog, but they are in the range of underdogs. A lot of non-English fans STILL think England wouldn't make it, and because of (you're right) about the English media bigging them up more than they should be for decades. We have seen the same story plenty of times before with England, and people are skeptical hence WHY England are still definitely (one of) the underdogs.

Also about 2018, to be fair that was England's first SF in all comps since 1996 (along with winning our first ever knockout penalty shootout in that tournament)...I think it was fair at the time for English fans to be hyped up at that point.

Edited by Mana

Looks like UEFA have thrown Germany's Felix Brych and co. to officiate this game...

On 02/07/2021 at 12:23, Jas said:

Looks like UEFA have thrown Germany's Felix Brych and co. to officiate this game...

Well our game was officiated by a Dutch referee and look how¬†it ended‚ĶūüėÉ

• Haha 1

Grealish first gave him 1st place in group and changed everything when he came against Germany but yeah, don't start him. Foden, Grealish, Sancho and Kane should all start. Yet never more than 2 of them have been on the pitch at the same time. Speaking of limiting your offensive potential...

2020 European Championship, Quarterfinals

Ukraine                     ukr.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
England            eng.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2021/euro-2021-ukraine-vs-england-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/england-football-one/

8608ce0cca799c22bcb70816337bab0d.pngeaf68f6329d5332cb258f74c5268046d.png

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Grealish first gave him 1st place in group and changed everything when he came against Germany but yeah, don't start him. Foden, Grealish, Sancho and Kane should all start. Yet never more than 2 of them have been on the pitch at the same time. Speaking of limiting your offensive potential...

Thought you said you're only emotionally invested in Italy?¬†ūüėõ

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

Thought you said you're only emotionally invested in Italy?¬†ūüėõ

Yes, this is more me speaking like a pundit ūüėé

Feels rather pointless that Chilwell and James are with England at the Euros.

Chilwell hasn't played a single minute and was left out of the squad once (IIRC), excluding his isolation period while James has played one game (IIRC) and has been left out of the squad today.

4 minutes ago, Jas said:

Feels rather pointless that Chilwell and James are with England at the Euros.

Chilwell hasn't played a single minute and was left out of the squad once (IIRC), excluding his isolation period while James has played one game (IIRC) and has been left out of the squad today.

Champions League winners - not good enough, but good for us I suppose. The other surprise is not using Calvert Lewin - more in form than Kane.

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The other surprise is not using Calvert Lewin - more in form than Kane.

As if Southgate dares to drop the golden boy...

• Thanks 1