Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Some fans saying the club said the tickets were sold out. I do not believe for one second the staff dealing with the tickets would say they'd sold out with 800 of them sitting in their office. Not possible to be that stupid.

Then the cost excuse. Again, one way or another all those other clubs would have sold out their allocations. Furthermore, the average Chelsea fan in West London has more money to burn than the average Liverpool fan living in their City.

Yes, we have a good following abroad but they're not the match day fans. In terms of fan support in England 'we're a medium size club and probably 4th in numbers  London. 

Like it or not, the damage has been done. We're being ridiculed and have excuses that just won't wash.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

The common fan would not be able to pay that + I cant imagine many wanting to go out of UK to Portugal for just the final and come back immediately. UEFA should have found a solution in the UK itself but 🤷‍♂️

The cost of a good mobile phone, not a nice car.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

The common fan would not be able to pay that + I cant imagine many wanting to go out of UK to Portugal for just the final and come back immediately. UEFA should have found a solution in the UK itself but 🤷‍♂️

Would've made more sense but don't think whoever is in charge Goverment people? agreed about changing quantine? Or whatever for everyone who could come..so instead.. crazy money times!

3 hours ago, chippy said:

Some fans saying the club said the tickets were sold out. I do not believe for one second the staff dealing with the tickets would say they'd sold out with 800 of them sitting in their office. Not possible to be that stupid.

Then the cost excuse. Again, one way or another all those other clubs would have sold out their allocations. Furthermore, the average Chelsea fan in West London has more money to burn than the average Liverpool fan living in their City.

Yes, we have a good following abroad but they're not the match day fans. In terms of fan support in England 'we're a medium size club and probably 4th in numbers  London. 

Like it or not, the damage has been done. We're being ridiculed and have excuses that just won't wash.

The people in the ticket office dealing with these queries will not have the power to make those decisions.

If the club has allocated a certain number to charter packages then the people at the ticket office won't be in a position of power to resell these as something different unless someone higher up in the club gives the go ahead.

I'm not even sure what power Chelsea have over this matter. I'm sure I read somewhere that UEFA originally wanted all the tickets to be as a charter package but City and Chelsea argued to spread the allocations.

13 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

And TT is a good coach but is terrible in finals.

I confess I haven't bothered to look up which other finals TT has coached in but I think it's fair to say that most managers would have a terrible record in finals against 2020 Bayern Munich.

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

don't think whoever is in charge Goverment people? agreed about changing quantine

Yes that's exactly why the final could not be played in the UK. I'm not totally against this stance. If the game went ahead at Wembley without covid incident the government would get no credit. If it went wrong, and there was an outbreak, they would be blasted. Whether it went well or went badly they would be accused of double standards. I despise Boris Johnson and his crew but I don't think we could reasonably expect them to make any other decision on this issue.

This video gives me goosebumps every time

Especially from timestamp 1:33 min. 

You can really see the frustration and sadness on our face after Müller scores. 

25 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

This video gives me goosebumps every time

Just watching Cech's penalty save in the extra time against Robben. Today, the ref would have it re-taken as Cech was clearly not on the line 😅 Dear lord, I cannot imagine such drama if that actually happens.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The people in the ticket office dealing with these queries will not have the power to make those decisions.

If the club has allocated a certain number to charter packages then the people at the ticket office won't be in a position of power to resell these as something different unless someone higher up in the club gives the go ahead.

I'm not even sure what power Chelsea have over this matter. I'm sure I read somewhere that UEFA originally wanted all the tickets to be as a charter package but City and Chelsea argued to spread the allocations.

Its not about the ticket office staff having the authority to resell the packages. Its about them saying the tickets were sold out when they clearly weren't sold out.

Again though, a genuinely big club  in England would have easily had enough fans to buy up all the tickets no matter what price they were going for.

Its not like we had an allocation of 20,000 +.  We could not sell 5,800 tickets for the biggest game our club can play in. The fans have massively let down and embarrassed the club! They've showed piss poor passion and commitment towards the club and I can see the consequences of this hurting the club for a long time to come, because who in their right mind would spend a shit load of money building a 60,000 seated stadium after this insulting no show by the fans?