Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

11 hours ago, Supermonkey said:

I agree Werner has done well vs City recently with his pace and movement but I just can't see him being someone to rely on in a CL final. 

I actually would love to see a mount/havertz/pulisic trio. All three have the legs to counter (unlike Ziyech) all three have good dribbling and passing (unlike Werner) and all three are direct. 

Having said that, I don't mind werner in with pulisic coming on 60 mins

Werner play well in semi final because Walker not play.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

Very true and that is how I will try to mentally prepare myself going into this one but I know once that whistle blows .. its 90 minutes of pure emotions. 😔

The answer is lots of alcohol. 🍻

What do you guys think about Jorginho starting? I think with Guardiola finally playing a 4-3-3 with Silva, Gundogan and KDB as the creators then Jorginho will have massive problems. He won't be able to deal with the pressure in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

What do you guys think about Jorginho starting? I think with Guardiola finally playing a 4-3-3 with Silva, Gundogan and KDB as the creators then Jorginho will have massive problems. He won't be able to deal with the pressure in my opinion.

He is starting for sure, tactics or not. Historically he has put up decent matches against City, hope this is one of those times.

Edited by R2D2

Just now, Azul said:

The problem is we don´t have alternatives.  Kovacic is quite good under pressure, but still looks very rusty after his injury so I doubt Tuchel would risk to play him. If Kante is out its game over in my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

He is starting for sure, tactics or not. Historically he has put up decent matches against City, hope this is one of those times.

I know he is, and I don't blame Tuchel for making that decision. However, I think that he'll get exposed against City with their full starting line-up.

30 minutes ago, Beigl said:

The problem is we don´t have alternatives.  Kovacic is quite good under pressure, but still looks very rusty after his injury so I doubt Tuchel would risk to play him. If Kante is out its game over in my opinion. 

Kovacic made less mistakes that led to goals than Jorginho in the last couple of games. When Kova is next to Kante he plays much better and atleast he had an excuse of being rusty. What excuse does Jorginho have?

Typically against City we suffer in the gap between the defence and the midfield, consistently City have players occupying that space and it’s always nervy having our midfielders in there, even Kante. 

De Bruyne scares the life out of me, when he has the bit between his teeth in a game he causes all sorts of problems. 

That said, it’s a one off game and my biggest worry? Our players attitudes and work rate, we’ve had big games recently and we’ve bottled every single one, failing to replicate the Madrid efforts.