Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

8 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Can we hold on to the CL ?
In 2013 everyone thought we could, but unexpectedly we failed against Inter Milan (Jose's revenge).
In 2014 heroic effort without Peter Czech in the semi - we went out.
Next we went out to Paris twice and to Bayern last year but we were not really that good to win it.
Champions league is difficult for everybody but in the last ten years it was Real Madrid who managed to snatch four. Real managed to win those champions leagues with Cristiano of course and not with today's clowns.
The rest is CFC 2, Bayern 2, Uefalona 2 and pool 1.
This time we have a fairly young team and I think it's up to Abra to create a Chelsea era.

2012 - Swansong for a great generation of Chelsea players

2021 - Statement of arrival from a new core group of players

I think there is every reason for fans to be excited for the coming years.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

What is really exciting is we genuinely have a chance to add more in the next few years with the overall state of the European teams.

On paper our three biggest obstacles are Bayern, City and Paris and two of them keep freezing in the competition.

Massive massive chance to get a few in the cabinet and really establish ourselves as the elite.

I would like for us to add another 2 PL titles within the next 3 years at least. 

No. 7 is a long time waiting.

We need to be serious on the domestic front too.

8 hours ago, Milan said:

I can't help it but I just keep watching the FT whistle moment and the trophy lifting 😍

Well I've watched the whole match three times, including the live broadcast. Plus numerous versions of the highlights as well as reaction videos and interviews. Can't get enough. 🙂

Any advance on three?

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

So was the sixty six WC😉

It was n't really stolen cause at two each it was anyone's game.
But was it ?
British scientists (Oxford) have proven that it went in.
German scientists (Goetigen) have proven that it did n't.

11 minutes ago, Jas said:

@Tomo Random question, do you think City lost their competitive edge or rhythm (at least a little?) in the final having not competed in a meaningful game going into last Saturday?

City fell under pressure.
With their passing game they are good at opening defenses of teams like Burnley-Crystal Palace-Newcastle, something we could n't do so well (Wolves, Brighton, Arsenal ...). Also they were lucky against PSG and Navas was worse than Wayne Shaw of Sutton United.
Against top sides it's not so easy for them.

Edited by cosmicway

9 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Can we hold on to the CL ?
In 2013 everyone thought we could, but unexpectedly we failed against Inter Milan (Jose's revenge).
In 2014 heroic effort without Peter Czech in the semi - we went out.
Next we went out to Paris twice and to Bayern last year but we were not really that good to win it.
Champions league is difficult for everybody but in the last ten years it was Real Madrid who managed to snatch four. Real managed to win those champions leagues with Cristiano of course and not with today's clowns.
The rest is CFC 2, Bayern 2, Uefalona 2 and pool 1.
This time we have a fairly young team and I think it's up to Abra to create a Chelsea era.

2013 wasn't Inter..we fell out the competition altogether haha. We failed the sodding group stage..but still won the Europa that was nice!

Just love the final whistle..the reactions..the noise..the crowd! Fact was able to be a crowd..

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

2013 wasn't Inter..we fell out the competition altogether haha. We failed the sodding group stage..but still won the Europa that was nice!

Just love the final whistle..the reactions..the noise..the crowd! Fact was able to be a crowd..

My mistake. Against Inter it was 2010. We were fresh from the Moscow final and we were among the favourites.
2013 we went out to the Swiss ? Or was it Juve and some other team ?

Edited by cosmicway

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

My mistake. Against Inter it was 2010. We were fresh from the Moscow final and we were among the favourites.

Forgot about our little journey! The 2019 one came up and confused me lol. 

Anyho we had Juventus..Shakhtar and Nordsjælland. And went on head to head away goals to Shakhtar ..how annoying. Still..trophy!!

28 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Inter - 2010

United - 2011

Win Europa League 2013 ( Sparta , Steaua ,  Rubin Kazan , Basel , Benfica )

Atletico - 2014

PSG - 2015

Barcelona - 2017

Win Europa League 2019 ( Malmo , Dinamo Kiev ,  Slavia Praga ,  Eintracht Frankfurt , Arsenal )

Bayerm - 2020

4 minutes ago, milka said:

Inter - 2010

United - 2011

Win Europa League 2013 ( Sparta , Steaua ,  Rubin Kazan , Basel , Benfica )

Atletico - 2014

PSG - 2015

Barcelona - 2017

Win Europa League 2019 ( Malmo , Dinamo Kiev ,  Slavia Praga ,  Eintracht Frankfurt , Arsenal )

Bayerm - 2020

PSG beat us twice. In 14/15 and 15/16. Barca was in 2018.

Edited by NikkiCFC

2 hours ago, Jas said:

@Tomo Random question, do you think City lost their competitive edge or rhythm (at least a little?) in the final having not competed in a meaningful game for like 3 weeks going into last Saturday?

Hard to tell, could be that or the pressure of getting the first one (which caused us to lose to inferior Liverpool twice) got to them, potentially a bit of both.

Edited by Tomo

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

We never went out to a swiss team lol at least not in the 17 years I follow this club^^

We also never went out to Juve during this time in a k.o. game. We won vs them in 2009 (1-0 and 2-2) under Guus. We lost to them when they were trained by Conte in 2012/2013 Group stage which contributed to our relegation to EL where we played FC Basel in the semifinal but won 2-1 and 3-1. We lost to Basel in 2013/14 CL Group stage but still progressed.

CL final in Moscow was 2008, so 2010 not exactly fresh after that. 2009 was the Övröbö scandal vs Barcelona maybe you meant that.

Gah... no more games this season!

It's been hours since the final, but Chelsea is all I can think about!

At this point I'm just clicking on the most outlandish transfer rumors connected to the club. Anything to cure my fix.

Anyone else feeling the same?

4 hours ago, Mana said:

Next season, it will be our 4th attempt to win our 2nd Super Cup and our 2nd attempt to win our first FIFA Club World Cup.

MAKE IT COUNT THIS TIME LADS.

If there's any club that knows how to deal with Emery in a European cup final...