Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

First

I hope it is not 3-0 for City after 30 mins like  womens final

I hope Christensen, Mendy and Kante to be fit 

loss here will be quite disappointing for many reasons- oponents , another loss for these young players 

5 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I hope Pulisic is nowhere near the starting line up, he is better off coming off the bench

In the last 13 appearances, Christian Pulisic has had 7 G/A in all competitions. In the same time period, Timo Werner has 6, Mason Mount has 5, Kai Havertz has 4, and Ziyech has 2. 

Scapegoat.

gets us to the champions league final. Creates only goal today and he is rubbish. Unreal

I have news for the Pulisic haters on this sounding board. It would have been 2-0 today and we wouldn’t be in the champions league final if it weren’t for that 22 yr old kid. Show a little respect. 

If City play their best they will probably win this fairly easily.

For us to win we're going to need all the luck going our way with them not taking their chances and us knicking a goal and hanging on.

2 minutes ago, Ryebread said:

I have news for the Pulisic haters on this sounding board. It would have been 2-0 today and we wouldn’t be in the champions league final if it weren’t for that 22 yr old kid. Show a little respect. 

I think most of the negativity towards him is just down to the frustration of seeing him not playing to his potential more often. He's a real talent, but a wildly inconsistent one.

-------------Mendy-------

Azpi-Christensen-Silva-Rüdiger-Chillwell

---------Kante--Jorginho-----------

---------Havertz----Mount--------

------------Werner-----------------

Just now, chippy said:

I think most of the negativity towards him is just down to the frustration of seeing him not playing to his potential more often. He's a real talent, but a wildly inconsistent one.

Here is why I think that happened. Who was the most in form attacking player on our team after the first leg of Real Madrid game? Yes, Pulisic. Tuchel benches the lad and destroys his confidence after finally finding form after injury. Then he does it again for FA cup final and starts Ziyech who hasn’t done anything. Rememeber, he’s a 22 yr old boy. I think that messed him up mentally. Just an informed opinion. 

To paraphrase Apollo from the Rocky movies,

This Chelsea squad of the past 2 years are a team that can play great, but are they a great team?

They've gotten to finals, beaten some of the strongest sides in England and Europe, but still don't have much to show for it.

They've lost the last 2 finals, and even today against Villa, when they absolutely needed a win to confirm qualification they came up short.

It would be spectacular if this be the time that they shake that tag of being also-rans and do it in the most glorious fashion. 

My starting XI for the finals would be:

3-4-2-1

-----------------------------Mendy

---------Christensen--------Silva--------Rudiger

James------------Kante------------Kovacic-----------Chilwell

------------------Mount------------Werner

---------------------------Havertz

or 3-5-2

-----------------------------Mendy

---------Christensen--------Silva--------Rudiger

----------------------------Jorginho

James------------Kante--------------Kovacic*-----------Chilwell

------------------Havertz-------------Werner

*If Jorginho also start then Kovacic might be better fit than Mount in a midfield three to provide more defensive stability.

Edited by Blues Forever

3 hours ago, Ryebread said:

Are you seriously making a big deal out of an assist in a defeat? It wouldn't have mattered if we lost 2-0 or 2-1 considering we still ended up losing.

And it certainly wasn't a one man contribution in the team reaching the Champions League final. Others also contributed. 

3 hours ago, Ryebread said:

Here is why I think that happened. Who was the most in form attacking player on our team after the first leg of Real Madrid game? Yes, Pulisic. Tuchel benches the lad and destroys his confidence after finally finding form after injury. Then he does it again for FA cup final and starts Ziyech who hasn’t done anything. Rememeber, he’s a 22 yr old boy. I think that messed him up mentally. Just an informed opinion. 

If your basis for wanting to start Pulisic in the Champions League final because of an assist yesterday and what he did in the semi-final, then did Tuchel not make the right decision to start Ziyech in the FA Cup final? Pulisic did nothing in the two games leading up to that final while Ziyech got the equalizer at City and got us to the final because of his winner against City in the semi-final. 

Mendy

Rudiger

Thiago

Azpi (at RCB, fuck this wingback shit with him with Reece as the CB, NO MORE)

Chilwell

Reece

Kante

Kovacic

Mount 

Werner

Havertz

3 4 1 2 / 3 4 2 1 (rotating the front 3 as needed positionally)

keep that front 3 fluid, rotating and making deep runs if possible from Werner (stay the FUCK onside Timo!!!)

Pray Werner and Kai and Mount bring their shooting boots finally, same for Pulisic off the bench, and maybe, just maybe Ziyech somehow shows up in a big game again

Giroud for a last gasp if need be, plus CHO for pace, 5th sub would be Zouma to help shut it down late IF we have a lead

As shit as it has been with shooting accuracy, finishing skill, Havertz, Mount, and Werner have combined to produce 61 goals in around 2.5 seasons worth of minutes (not 3, as Kai missed so much)

29 goals, 32 assists

Kante, Mendy, Rudiger, and Kovacic all have to have games of their lives 

well, those are my suggestions

(I do not normally do this much lately, but this is our biggest game in 9 years, so what the hell)

Edited by Vesper

Fingers crossed for Mendy.

I don't think Tuchel would do it, but I'd prefer to see Christensen slot back into the defence and play James at wing back with Azpi dropping out. 

In attack I think we should look at playing Havertz and Werner high with Mount in behind them.