Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

My worry is that this game will be a bit like the Real away game. Open brightly, should be 2 or 3 up by 25 mins, conceded a goal out of nothing. However, unlike Real, I see City dominating once they get their goal. 

6 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Know what you mean BBW - but we've beaten em twice this season. Definitely has nothing like the feeling of 2012 though

Well..to be fair that 2012 final had different things going for it. It was partly about that group of players (Drogba, Lampard and Terry), and partly about the club...because both had tried so many times to come close, but ultimately fail to win.

I honestly haven't even bothered much to draw comparisons to 2012., and have pointedly tried not to watch highlights from that tournament for the past few months.

This is different. This is a chance for the club to not just be a CL winner, but also be a club that has won it more than once. That to me, is different class.

It will be difficult, but my feeling is that Chelsea has always been superior in Europe, and has contributed to some of the most fantastic matches ever.

So let's see.

8 hours ago, Mário César said:

dude you need watch the game.

if we fans dont see the game, what type of fans we are?

Fucking nervous!

I've supported them for sixty years bruv, havn't seen it all, but close to it.🤪

I ain't no glory hunter bud.

Edited by bigbluewillie

25 minutes ago, Jas said:

Or 14 hours away from huge disappointment. lol

Where is your ‘this is a free hit’ card? 😄 Nah, I get it. This is still a Champions League final and it would hurt to lose it. At least there is no pressure on us in terms of the CL qualification for next season!!

I think by far the toughest decision for TT is how he sets up our midfield. Does he dare start Jorginho in such a game where keeping things tight is paramount? Also wonder if we’re going to go the counter attacking route or we take them head on and go all out aggressive pressing.

You know Pep will pull some random tactical wrinkle out of his hat for this one. And you know TT could do the same. I just hope he discontinues this experiment with Azpi as the wingback and RJ as a CB.  

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think by far the toughest decision for TT is how he sets up our midfield. Does he dare start Jorginho in such a game where keeping things tight is paramount? Also wonder if we’re going to go the counter attacking route or we take them head on and go all out aggressive pressing.

You know Pep will pull some random tactical wrinkle out of his hat for this one. And you know TT could do the same. I just hope he discontinues this experiment with Azpi as the wingback and RJ as a CB.  

I expect Kova to miss out as he didn’t return to his best after injury. Personally would sad for him as he already sat on the bench in 3 CL-finals. On the other hand, out of our three CM, Jorginho is the best when coming in as substitute. Kante and Kova usually can’t take up rhytim very good as sub.

Also very curious wheter TT will stick with Reece as RCB and Azpi az RWB. Hope will swap back.

Also, who to start? Pulisic, Ziyech or Kai? I expect only one of them can start. The Moroccan scored two times against City this month and most experienced. Puli is the quickest and had some great games in this competition. But Havertz also was important, against Real was decent, and I think he is most talented player of ours, might make difference.

All our players are available, so different from 2012 final, when Bertrand, Kalou or Malouda played after lot of injury/booking.

3 hours ago, R2D2 said:

I have a bad feeling tonight, might put a bet on City just to avoid getting depressed after.

No negativity allowed my friend, have faith.

19 minutes ago, milka said:

E2jECVeWQAU1Gm_?format=jpg&name=medium

Proper, he got converted to a Chels long ago.