Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

This mob of ours failed to turn up against the Arse, Brighton, then the Cup final, then Villa.

There's nothing that tells me we have the remotest chance of turning up against Shitty, I think we going to get slaughtered.

I won't watch it live, going to record it, then Sunday morning find out the score, and if by some miracle we get a result i'll watch it then.

Sorry to be so negative I just can stand watching Chelsea get beat.

5 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

This mob of ours failed to turn up against the Arse, Brighton, then the Cup final, then Villa.

There's nothing that tells me we have the remotest chance of turning up against Shitty, I think we going to get slaughtered.

I won't watch it live, going to record it, then Sunday morning find out the score, and if by some miracle we get a result i'll watch it then.

Know what you mean BBW - but we've beaten em twice this season. Definitely has nothing like the feeling of 2012 though

1 minute ago, bigbluewillie said:

I am quite sure we will lose as well but for the slimest of chacnes this might end well I will still watch. Even if there is just 1% chance it is worth witnessing it live IMO. I am a calm and reserved guy usually but when Drogba scored that pen in 2012 (traumatized from JT's miss I fully expected himto miss) I roared into the night until my whole block was awake. I will never in my life forget that night of celebration. A 1:100 chance of living such a night again is good enough for me.

this is a final and fianls are usually closer than when the teams would meet in the league. Our team will be nervous but so will City.  I can totally see this going to pens again....not optimistic cos TT already said that either Kepa or Mendy will probably be between the posts for the shootout and Ederson is a beast in shootouts....I think we are even more underdogs than in Munich, back then we had Big Pete, Drogs and Lamps who we knew would always turn up but all the situations you mentioned we were favourites and it suffocated us,maybe the underdog role suits us better here

11 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

dude you need watch the game.

if we fans dont see the game, what type of fans we are?

12 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

you forgot the ultimate not show up

😿

2dec766d12fb4f184f15860c1386073d.png

on the positive side, that is pretty much ever shit game we have had under Tuchel, other than his first game (nil nil with wolves) and the 1 1 draw with SOTON, as we got robbed in that Manure game (same as the first Manure game under Lamps)

Edited by Vesper

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am quite sure we will lose as well but for the slimest of chacnes this might end well I will still watch. Even if there is just 1% chance it is worth witnessing it live IMO. I am a calm and reserved guy usually but when Drogba scored that pen in 2012 (traumatized from JT's miss I fully expected himto miss) I roared into the night until my whole block was awake. I will never in my life forget that night of celebration. A 1:100 chance of living such a night again is good enough for me.

this is a final and fianls are usually closer than when the teams would meet in the league. Our team will be nervous but so will City.  I can totally see this going to pens again....not optimistic cos TT already said that either Kepa or Mendy will probably be between the posts for the shootout and Ederson is a beast in shootouts....I think we are even more underdogs than in Munich, back then we had Big Pete, Drogs and Lamps who we knew would always turn up but all the situations you mentioned we were favourites and it suffocated us,maybe the underdog role suits us better here

I think Citeh will have more nerves

and ffs, use Willy if we go to pens!!!!!

I would have had him watching no stop vids of Citeh and pens

fill his brain so it's 2nd nature no matter who takes them for them

Edited by Vesper

Just now, Vesper said:

I think Citeh will have more nerves

and ffs, use Willy if we go to pens!!!!!

For sure. They have choked everytime at some stage of CL under Pep until this season. For sure they are due another bottle job. This is why i dont doubt we will create chances en masse. I am just afraid we will be too incompetent to convert them.

I am afraid TT has no idea what a pen master Willy is. And if they tried 20 pens in training and they all were scored, surely Willy was not in goal. We will surely lose any shootout with Mendy in goal

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

For sure. They have choked everytime at some stage of CL under Pep until this season. For sure they are due another bottle job. This is why i dont doubt we will create chances en masse. I am just afraid we will be too incompetent to convert them.

I am afraid TT has no idea what a pen master Willy is. And if they tried 20 pens in training and they all were scored, surely Willy was not in goal. We will surely lose any shootout with Mendy in goal

the gap between Mendy as a regular open play GK and Mendy as a pen saver is CRAY

he is HORRID at pens

and surely, if we all know Willy is a pen master, Tuchel knows

it is the cause of the biggest Chels GK drama in club history

the Kepa v Sarri nightmare

34 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I honestly feel like doing the same but losing is apart of the game... and you have to face these kind of moments. It makes the victories taste even sweeter. I think if you tune in to social media and watch the post match coverage after losing tomorrow... you are basically commuting suicide. 

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the gap between Mendy as a regular open play GK and Mendy as a pen saver is CRAY

he is HORRID at pens

and surely, if we all know Willy is a pen master, Tuchel knows

it is the cause of the biggest Chels GK drama in club history

the Kepa v Sarri nightmare

maybe but TT has not used Willy at all so i odubt he will start doing so in a CL final -.-

You are right. Mendy has just the worst approach to pens. kneeling down and reacting late. He bascially covers just the lower middle portion of the goal. Luckily Agüero didn't know when he tried that panenka but I am sure now they all know and will rifle them into the corners. With kepa he at least has saved a couple of pens, i think he saved 2 in shootouts (Eintracht and Spurs) which we won and another one in the League cup final 2019 where we lost. Willy if he still got it and is sharp enough after not playing I am sure would give us a decent chance. Most ManCity players were already at the club when he was there so for sure he knows most of their moves.

Im just feeling 2008 vibes everywhere. fuck i hate this sensation

i had the feeling that everyone want city victory.

will hurt if Chelsea loose. please, nothing close to 2008 final, ffs. I prefer lose 4-0 than lose in a dramatic way

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Team I expect from City: Ederson, Zinchenko, Dias, Stones, Walker, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, Mahrez, Foden, KDB.

“City held a training session this evening ahead of Saturday night's big game, and journalist Marcelo Bechler has reported that midfield star Ilkay Gundogan has pulled up with an injury.”

Edited by ZAPHOD2319

Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

City held a training session this evening ahead of Saturday night's big game, and journalist Marcelo Bechler has reported that midfield star Ilkay Gundogan has pulled up with an injury.

I heard but it is not serious. He should be fine.

Anyway, we lost 4 of the last 5 finals. 

Sarri 1-1

Lampard 0-2

Tuchel 0-1

Twice on pens. 

It is our turn to win ffs!

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Football doesn't work like that, do I need to remind you the teams that beat us the last season we won it?