Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea


 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quoting Oasis lyrics to mock Man City and the Gallaghers. Great trolling from the club's twitter admin. 😂

What a night. The game felt like ages since the moment we scored,  I probably aged 10 years but the hours since have flown by. Will take another few days to totally sink . Would have loved to go throu

This man... WHAT. A. PERFORMANCE.  

Posted Images

Let's be honest. Does anyone think Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and other clubs would have sent back tickets from an already small allocation?

This is a massive embarrasent for the club and fans from those other clubs can now rightly say we're not a proper big club, just one that's  proped up by a rich owner. This is one very big reason why we should neve even think about trying to move into a 60, 000 seater stadium. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chippy said:

Let's be honest. Does anyone think Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and other clubs would have sent back tickets from an already small allocation?

This is a massive embarrasent for the club and fans from those other clubs can now rightly say we're not a proper big club, just one that's  proped up by a rich owner. This is one very big reason why we should neve even think about trying to move into a 60, 000 seater stadium. 

But fans are not at fault here, club is...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9621843/Chelsea-face-fury-fans-Champions-League-final-tickets-fiasco.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chippy said:

Let's be honest. Does anyone think Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and other clubs would have sent back tickets from an already small allocation?

This is a massive embarrasent for the club and fans from those other clubs can now rightly say we're not a proper big club, just one that's  proped up by a rich owner. This is one very big reason why we should neve even think about trying to move into a 60, 000 seater stadium. 

How?!! People aren't made of money and probably can't afford to spend 600 or so quid on a day trip. The tickets that aren't part of UEFA package were sold.  The tickets that didnt involve 200 quid flights did sell! If was at Wembley it would have sold...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

How?!! People aren't made of money and probably can't afford to spend 600 or so quid on a day trip. The tickets that aren't part of UEFA package were sold.  The tickets that didnt involve 200 quid flights did sell! If was at Wembley it would have sold...

 

The common fan would not be able to pay that + I cant imagine many wanting to go out of UK to Portugal for just the final and come back immediately. UEFA should have found a solution in the UK itself but 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some fans saying the club said the tickets were sold out. I do not believe for one second the staff dealing with the tickets would say they'd sold out with 800 of them sitting in their office. Not possible to be that stupid.

Then the cost excuse. Again, one way or another all those other clubs would have sold out their allocations. Furthermore, the average Chelsea fan in West London has more money to burn than the average Liverpool fan living in their City.

Yes, we have a good following abroad but they're not the match day fans. In terms of fan support in England 'we're a medium size club and probably 4th in numbers  London. 

Like it or not, the damage has been done. We're being ridiculed and have excuses that just won't wash.

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strike said:

The common fan would not be able to pay that + I cant imagine many wanting to go out of UK to Portugal for just the final and come back immediately. UEFA should have found a solution in the UK itself but 🤷‍♂️

The cost of a good mobile phone, not a nice car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strike said:

The common fan would not be able to pay that + I cant imagine many wanting to go out of UK to Portugal for just the final and come back immediately. UEFA should have found a solution in the UK itself but 🤷‍♂️

Would've made more sense but don't think whoever is in charge Goverment people? agreed about changing quantine? Or whatever for everyone who could come..so instead.. crazy money times!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chippy said:

Some fans saying the club said the tickets were sold out. I do not believe for one second the staff dealing with the tickets would say they'd sold out with 800 of them sitting in their office. Not possible to be that stupid.

Then the cost excuse. Again, one way or another all those other clubs would have sold out their allocations. Furthermore, the average Chelsea fan in West London has more money to burn than the average Liverpool fan living in their City.

Yes, we have a good following abroad but they're not the match day fans. In terms of fan support in England 'we're a medium size club and probably 4th in numbers  London. 

Like it or not, the damage has been done. We're being ridiculed and have excuses that just won't wash.

The people in the ticket office dealing with these queries will not have the power to make those decisions.

If the club has allocated a certain number to charter packages then the people at the ticket office won't be in a position of power to resell these as something different unless someone higher up in the club gives the go ahead.

I'm not even sure what power Chelsea have over this matter. I'm sure I read somewhere that UEFA originally wanted all the tickets to be as a charter package but City and Chelsea argued to spread the allocations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

And TT is a good coach but is terrible in finals.

I confess I haven't bothered to look up which other finals TT has coached in but I think it's fair to say that most managers would have a terrible record in finals against 2020 Bayern Munich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

don't think whoever is in charge Goverment people? agreed about changing quantine

Yes that's exactly why the final could not be played in the UK. I'm not totally against this stance. If the game went ahead at Wembley without covid incident the government would get no credit. If it went wrong, and there was an outbreak, they would be blasted. Whether it went well or went badly they would be accused of double standards. I despise Boris Johnson and his crew but I don't think we could reasonably expect them to make any other decision on this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This video gives me goosebumps every time

Especially from timestamp 1:33 min. 

You can really see the frustration and sadness on our face after Müller scores. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

This video gives me goosebumps every time

 

Just watching Cech's penalty save in the extra time against Robben. Today, the ref would have it re-taken as Cech was clearly not on the line 😅 Dear lord, I cannot imagine such drama if that actually happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jase changed the title to [KINGS OF EUROPE] Man City 0-1 Chelsea
  • James changed the title to Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea
  • James unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...