Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea

Followers 1

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

If you've ever doubted that there's a bias towards CFC, televised EPL matches screened on Sunday via Sky yep Scousers v Palace and Leicester v Spuds.

We on the other hand have been dumped on Sky Action whatever the fuck that is, all i do know is I can't get it....how about ya all?

This whole scenario is fucking rigged against us, UEFA, EPL, Sky

Yeah just saw that dont think Sky Action on my package either. Sky Inaction.

• Like 2
  • Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I put most of the blame on Mount. He's too fucking selfish in front of goal. His end-product is still garbage. Flicks and tricks are nice when you have a goal or assist to go with it.  Yet everyo

Yup rotten to the core. It's because of their petty agenda against Abramovich.  It just makes it sweeter when we beat them, despite them stacking it against us.

its really fucking crazy how open, blatant it is and because we squeaked into top 4, so many will (not here on this board) will just say stfu, you got in and it will not be addressed al

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

That is being generous. We need a one in a million performance with Werneror Havertz actually converting their chances to win this. If we were at least average at converting our many chances, of which we again will get a ton vs City, 60/40 for City would be about right. But we are absolutely hopeless at this, so i can see this becoming the most frustrating night of them all. The only way i could see a chance is if we get really lucky in our finishing, uefa switch sides and in fact instruct the ref in our favour for once and guardiola overthinking his formation/lineup for a third time. But there is a bigger chance of their plane crashing than all of that coinciding. 

Can the real Christian Pulisic please stand up?

Surprised no one has really talked about him. Apart from the recent Real Madrid games, he hasn't scored or assisted since the Crystal Palace game, which was more than a month ago, and he has been very, very quiet in recent games. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Jas said:

Surprised no one has really talked about him. Apart from the recent Real Madrid games, he hasn't scored or assisted since the Crystal Palace game, which was more than a month ago, and he has been very, very quiet in recent games. 

You've answered your own question.

He's been quiet but when it truly mattered he delivered the goods. If he can do the same in Porto his average season is completely forgiven.

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 2
Just now, Tomo said:

He's veen quiet but when it truly mattered he delivered the goods. If he can do the same in Porto his average season is completely forgiven.

Oh trust me, if Porto is a success, everything will be forgiven 😀

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You've answered your own question.

He's veen quiet but when it truly mattered he delivered the goods. If he can do the same in Porto his average season is completely forgiven.

Delivering it in the league as well would be nice. Would have helped ease some nerves, like last season.

Pulisic does not get assists when his passes to players do not go into goal. He has played some serious chances that were missed by inches lately. Our finishing is dreadful. Then again, his finishing lately has been dreadful. If we were just 5% better with finishing our chances, we wouldn't be in this last game needed.

11 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Pulisic does not get assists when his passes to players do not go into goal. He has played some serious chances that were missed by inches lately. Our finishing is dreadful. Then again, his finishing lately has been dreadful. If we were just 5% better with finishing our chances, we wouldn't be in this last game needed.

Pardon my memory but can you remember any chance that Pulisic created recently should have resulted in a goal or goals?

And even if you take away the assists, hard to remember him getting at the end of chances. That's without mentioning his quiet performances. 

9 minutes ago, Jas said:

Pardon my memory but can you remember any chance that Pulisic created recently should have resulted in a goal or goals?

And even if you take away the assists, hard to remember him getting at the end of chances. That's without mentioning his quiet performances. 

In the last game he played with Havertz he slid a ball in front of goal that Havertz should have toed in and he was a second late getting there. He also delivered one to Timo that went sailing. On the other end of it Pulisic was a second late getting a toe on a ball that should have went into net. It has been shambolic all the way around lately on finishing.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

In the last game he played with Havertz he slid a ball in front of goal that Havertz should have toed in and he was a second late getting there. He also delivered one to Timo that went sailing. On the other end of it Pulisic was a second late getting a toe on a ball that should have went into net. It has been shambolic all the way around lately on finishing.

Hmm. Don't those remember opportunities being clear cut. 

Win this or face a situation where the Champions League final puts everything on the line this season. I mean, top 4 alone with no trophies is still considered disappointing in my book, but it'll still be nice to enter the final knowing that at least we've reached the bare minimum in the league.

18 hours ago, Jas said:

I've noticed that too.

Especially in the last game.

Is it just a case of PL vs European competition?

He looked like he wasn't that interested in having or keeping the ball like he usually does when on song.

Anyway, just hope it isn't because of him getting disillusioned from the lack of starts.

Felt he should have started the FA cup final. Ziyech on the other hand has a record against City, it seems.

Posted (edited)

Just beat Villa by any method fair means or foul, kick them off the park if necessary🤪

A win is all that matters.

Edited by bigbluewillie
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

I've noticed that too.

Especially in the last game.

Is it just a case of PL vs European competition?

He looked like he wasn't that interested in having or keeping the ball like he usually does when on song.

Anyway, just hope it isn't because of him getting disillusioned from the lack of starts.

Felt he should have started the FA cup final. Ziyech on the other hand has a record against City, it seems.

It's absolute nonsense if a player is choosing which competition to turn up for.

Getting disillusioned from the lack of starts? Since the last international break, Pulisic has started 9 of the 14 games in all competitions, including 3 of the last 4 games and playing a total of 815 minutes. Out of our attackers, only Mount (12 starts; 1,075 minutes) and Werner (10 starts; 829 minutes) have had more starts and played more minutes in the same period. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Jas said:

Atleast he is the kind of player who is able to suddenly explode (like last summer) and doesn´t need a run of games in order to get going like Hazard used to back in the day. That might be some hope for the CL final that the real Pulisic turns up.

Edited by Beigl
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Beigl said:

Atleast he is the kind of player who is able to suddenly explode (like last summer) and doesn´t need a run of games in order to get going like Hazard used to back in the day. That might be some hope for the CL final that the real Pulisic turns up.

Would be nicer if our attackers can be more consistent!

Christensen in the team. 

Havertz tested tomorrow. Likely to be in team. 

Kante tested tomorrow as well. Unlikely to be in team. 

Been thinking about this, win this game and it could relieve the pressure on them about winning the ECL, yes! it will still be nervous for them, but not as bad as needing it to get into into Europe.

Whaddya reckon?

• Like 1

OK seems Tommy thinks the same as me.😳

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel says securing a top-four finish in the Premier League on Sunday will take some of the pressure off the Champions League final against Manchester City.

• Like 1
  • Jas changed the title to Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea