Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 2-1 Leicester


 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

We attracted Kante to the club after finishing 10th.

I don't believe after the season he had just had with Leicester and the meteoric rise he was experiencing, with around a £30m release clause, that no other top clubs were interested in him.

I believe Arsenal were the other team too in the race. I think we moved in and closed the deal earlier which was a masterstroke from our side. Also I believe most of the top team had a settle DM at that point of time hence no one must have moved in early (just an assumption) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Silvas wife becoming a meme 🤣

If you can't see the difference in how our defence plays under pressure with Mendy in goal in comparison to Kepa.. cool but I can. Kepa is nowhere near as good as Mendy with his feet. 

Rudiger just looked downright scary. Though he was gonna try and eat a Leicester player. Quite incredible to play so bad for so long  and then turn it around and become a massive player for the t

This was a bad loss ... damn 2 years in the running now. We should have closed the game in the first half when we were dominating possession and were getting regularly into their final third. This is a flaw which we need to overcome else we would be losing/drawing such games. 

Really disappointing!!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tomo said:

I always laugh when people say "we csnt attract quality players with out CL".

There's a huge list of top class players who joined teams in worse positions than ours without CL, i mean peak Ronaldinho did for it ffs :lol:

True and just cause you've made it into the Champions league doesn't guarantee you won't slide into Europa in the groups..unlikely but happens.

It's more annoying the way we've caused our own downfall but we've had this so many times. Only this season we may be unlucky..or might not be. Hopefully can win Tues and won't be 3 losses to them out of 3..or a draw..just gotta win! In front of our fans...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

so  IF

Chelsea - Leicester  DRAW

Burnley - Liverpool WIN 

--------

Leicester - 67

Liverpool  66 

Chelsea  65

------

Chelsea - Leicester WIN

Burnley-  Liverpool WIN

------

Chelsea -67

Leicester -66

Liverpool -66

------

Chelsea - Leicester LOSS

Burnley - Liverpool WIN

------

Leicester - 69

Liverpool - 66

Chelsea - 64

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Draw is not enough. Have to go for the goals and the win.

CHO and Chilwell at wing back - lost their pace in the cup final with Alonso and Azpi playing here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This one game will most likely determine top 4 for us. No pressure!!

Edited by ZAPHOD2319
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Judging from this game alone, we will know if this team has any bottle. 

Imo if they had any bottle, they would not have lost 2 FA Cup finals in a row as favourites.

but football like life is about how you get up after being knocked down. So maybe they  have at least learned from their many mistakes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strike said:

Draw is not enough. Have to go for the goals and the win.

CHO and Chilwell at wing back - lost their pace in the cup final with Alonso and Azpi playing here.

Nah, just put Reece back where he belongs. Yeah he was good at RCB, but we lost offensive impetus by having Azpi there... and Alonso on the opposite side (how many times did he get burnt for pace exactly?). Why we reverted to pragmatism with two slow wing-backs when they should be the ones providing width and pace is beyond me, sometimes it seems Tuchel is tinkering for the sake of tinkering. Our regular line-up with James and Chilly on the wings would have been fine imo. Sure he was afraid of Vardy's pace, but come on now, don't be so scared...

No silly changes here please, just go with the tried and tested. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did no one bother to ask Tuchel for an injury update? Specifically if Kova and Christensen are fit for tomorrow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Did no one bother to ask Tuchel for an injury update? Specifically if Kova and Christensen are fit for tomorrow?

No because everyone was/is more interested in the 'collapse' narrative.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agreed. I'm not old enough for those days, but I do remember the early to mid 90's when staying in the top division was a big achievement.

 

 

As grim as the relegation was, once the next season got under way you just naturally get into it like any other season.

Home game were not so good because the attendances were very poor, as many thousands had stopped  going over number of years - team was shite.  stadium a dump. terrible fan reputation  with hooligans and a lot of real, hardcore racists. I well remember a game at West Brom when literally thousands of Chelsea fans gave the Nazi salute.

The racism aside though, the away games were amongst the best fun I've ever had watching football. Though our home attendance's were terrible, we had a very loyal and large following away and they gave the team great vocal support.

Much better atmospheres than what you get a lot of the time these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, manpe said:

Why we reverted to pragmatism with two slow wing-backs when they should be the ones providing width and pace is beyond me

Chilwell and James is also pragmatic approach if you ask me. We pretty much won all the games that CHO started under Tuchel. He is constant threat as RWB. Definitely one extra offensive player.

Tuchel is thinking about defensive part of the game but come on... We have 3 CBs, basically two DMs... We have around 65% possession... CHO only has to track back a couple of times and that is it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 16/05/2021 at 16:27, Tomo said:

I always laugh when people say "we csnt attract quality players with out CL".

There's a huge list of top class players who joined teams in worse positions than ours without CL, i mean peak Ronaldinho did for it ffs :lol:

While I agree that losing out the on the CL does not mean we can't attract talent, it does reduce our options.

Remember, Hazard ended up joining us partly because we secured the CL for that season. Granted players like Drogba and Joe Cole influenced him, but every bit helps.

The other fact is it would mean missing out on the CL for the 3rd time in nearly 5 years. I know with 6 clubs competing financially, there's always the risk of missing out, but to do so against Leicester or West Ham is embarassing. Especially after this season.

Giving up top 4 if it meant we secured a trophy in the FA cup, would have been alright. But we didn't.

And no we're facing the same team that denied us that and also resulted in Lampard's departure. 

We HAVE to go all out.

Edited by Blue Armour
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chippy said:

. I well remember a game at West Brom when literally thousands of Chelsea fans gave the Nazi salute.

I know it was a while ago, but what was the reason behind it? Was it just fans who didnt know any better?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chippy said:

As grim as the relegation was, once the next season got under way you just naturally get into it like any other season.

Home game were not so good because the attendances were very poor, as many thousands had stopped  going over number of years - team was shite.  stadium a dump. terrible fan reputation  with hooligans and a lot of real, hardcore racists. I well remember a game at West Brom when literally thousands of Chelsea fans gave the Nazi salute.

The racism aside though, the away games were amongst the best fun I've ever had watching football. Though our home attendance's were terrible, we had a very loyal and large following away and they gave the team great vocal support.

Much better atmospheres than what you get a lot of the time these days.

Away days have always been a better experience than the home games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty shocking - last time we beat them in the League? September 2017 (!!!!!) under Conte.

We just have to go for it tonight. Get ahead of them in the table and they face Spurs in the last game.

Please 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I know it was a while ago, but what was the reason behind it? Was it just fans who didnt know any better?

I honestly donh know why Chelsea attracted such a relitively large number of the extreme right. Seemed to come out of the blue and happened quickly. It was said the NF/BNP used to recruit outside the stadium, though I have to say i never noticed any.

Lots of clubs had their share of hooligans and also some who would dish out racist abuse to the opposition black players, but some Chelsea fans went even further and abused our own Paul Canoville.

I also think that a lot of the hooligan racists at other clubs only really behaved like that at football matches. The abuse was to put players off their game and some just thought making monkey noises was funny,  As crude as that. I've read and heard accounts from ex hooligans who said as much. 

The Chelsea thugs were different though. They were more genuinely attracted to hardcore, extreme right politics.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jas changed the title to Chelsea 2-1 Leicester
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...