Chelsea 0-1 Leicester [FA Cup]

Jase

Thomas Tuchel breaks his word

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/news/things-spotted-Chelsea-cup-defeat-20606792

Ahead of the game at Wembley, Tuchel told the press he wasn't going to be trying anything dramatically different in the FA Cup final.

He said: "A general rule is that the more tension is on, the more decisive character a game has, the less new information we give. We try to do sessions in an easy way. Short and clear. It’s not a moment to learn new stuff, to implement new tactical tricks. It’s a moment to be confident and aware of our style of play."

Well, as mentioned above, Tuchel didn't keep his word on that front. The decision to play James on the right of the back three and Azpilicueta at right wing-back was certainly a left-field choice, even though there was a valid tactical reason for doing so.

It will be interesting going forward to see if the experiment is tried out again. James certainly proved he can handle the role with ease.

49 minutes ago, Milan said:

How can we actually collapse when we never really had the top 4 firmly in our hands? We never really had a big gap between us and others behind. Bloody hell, Lampard left us in the 9th position or so! If you want to talk about a collapse, look at the crisis under Lampard. That is where we may have lost the CL spot. 

TT should share 50% of the blame if we fail to get top four.

We might have been 9th when he arrived but we were only a few points from top four. Only 11 from top when we're 19 now. We've thrown away a lot of points against teams who were struggling with form or in the bottom half of the table - Wolves. (H) Leeds(A)  Southampton (H) West Brom (H) Brighton (H) Arsenal (H)  14 points dropped in those games.

No getting away from it, TT has had plenty of time to have us. comfortably in the top four by now.

2 minutes ago, chippy said:

TT should share 50% of the blame if we fail to get top four.

We might have been 9th when he arrived but we were only a few points from top four. Only 11 from top when we're 19 now. We've thrown away a lot of points against teams who were struggling with form or in the bottom half of the table - Wolves. (H) Leeds(A)  Southampton (H) West Brom (H) Brighton (H) Arsenal (H)  14 points dropped in those games.

No getting away from it, TT has had plenty of time to have us. comfortably in the top four by now.

Tuchel will have questions to ask if we really bottle the Top 4 but it's Lampard's failure to get the better of the top half teams that got us into this mess. It meant that we lost half the ground against direct rivals for the Top 4 spots. Yes, dropping points against Wolves, Southampton, West Brom, Brighton etc (Leeds managed to go unbeaten at home vs the Big 6) was frustrating but it can happen. Only City have picked up more points than us since Tuchel's been here and Tuchel has got more points (35) in 17 games than Lampard did (29) in 19 games. 

Yes Lampard takes a bigger share of the blame if we fail to get top 4 than TT but the collapse today and Arsenal is still on TT. He trusted the wrong players and got his selection wrong.

Lamps got us in a terrible position in the league at it took TT capturing the 3rd most points of of any team in the league since his arrival to get back into top4. I dont blame him much if we fail to get top 4 if he does not botch the lineups again. this crop of players is just mentally weak. We brought the wrong players in summer to remedy that anyhow.

But Lampard has nothing to do with what happened today. This was (apart from the refs obv) purely on TT and the shit players he selected. He still has not learned which is worrisome. Imagine he gets the idea to start jorginho, alonso or ziyech in the CL final

Edited by Magic Lamps

4 hours ago, milka said:

zero mentality  after 1st and last cup in their life .

If I am Tuchel I would play this video to players before next game for 10 mins.

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

until the 75th/80th minute. 

Why cannot we play with urgency like that full game. I thought we stepped up also against Arse last 10mins.

4 hours ago, milka said:

Same % of winning finals and Werner/Havertz scoring big chances 😍

Edited by NikkiCFC

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yes Lampard takes a bigger share of the blame if we fail to get top 4 than TT but the collapse today and Arsenal is still on TT. He trusted the wrong players and got his selection wrong.

Lamps got us in a terrible position in the league at it took TT capturing the 3rd most points of of any team in the league since his arrival to get back into top4. I dont blame him much if we fail to get top 4 if he does not botch the lineups again. this crop of players is just mentally weak. We brought the wrong players in summer to remedy that anyhow.

But Lampard has nothing to do with what happened today. This was (apart from the refs obv) purely on TT and the shit players he selected. He still has not learned which is worrisome. Imagine he gets the idea to start jorginho, alonso or ziyech in the CL final

I don't remember anything drastic different from Lamps days.
He started real bad and Kepa was making those horrible mistakes too - we attributed this spell to the lack of preparation-friendlies and to Kepa.
Then all was great when we beat Sevilla 4-0 in their own ground then the Lampard wall - starting at Everton.
Now it looks like Tuchel wall and the same old problems - lack of penetration, Werner shooting the pigeons.
Defensively we are better and also a little bit faster.
Unless the wall comes to an end on Tuesday we are doomed.
We are not doomed if we lose to City on the 29th, but of course we want to fight for it.
On Tuesday another one of those and we are doomed - next year against Levski, Titograd and Vardar Skopje.
Meanwhile Poll have bought their way to 70 points, that's for certain.

Edited by cosmicway

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

and Sinovac works.

Well based on my country but also Hungary and some others Chinese vaccine is definitely working (Russian also). Numbers are really good, Budapest will have games at EURO with full capacity next month and here in a couple of weeks we will be done with Corona and everything is going back to normal. Majority got vaccinated with Sinopharm. Vaccine you mentioned is 2nd Chinese vaccine, dont know did anyone buy those?

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

im still pissed off that we lost another final to a weaker opponent. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What makes them weaker?

They are still ahead of us in the table, and will be if we dont beat them tuesday

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

What makes them weaker?

They are still ahead of us in the table, and will be if we dont beat them tuesday

The bookies made us favourites. Probably by too large a margin tho.

Leicester clearly have a better midfield and their attackers score more. Our defence might be slightly better in individual quality but they know how to defend. Esp Fofana would walk straight into our first XI

TT weakened us unnecessarily by playing Alonso and Kepa as well.

I’ll admit, this loss hurt like hell, mainly because this cup was there for the taking, it’s a chance of winning a cup gone after all we went trough this season and it pains me a lot not seing Chelsea lift that cup, we blew it, simple as that, we have to give props to Leicester, they just wanted it more 😞💔. Im sorry if i offended anyone in my rants, im still livid that we lost, this is how much i care about this team and how i want us to succeed, but football is like this. I don’t know how this group of players will react after this, but they need to do it asap if they still want to save this season.  Cheers

Edited by Johnnyeye

18 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

I’ll admit, this loss hurt like hell, mainly because this cup was there for the taking, it’s a chance of winning a cup gone after all we went trough this season and it pains me a lot not seing Chelsea lift that cup, we blew it, simple as that, we have to give props to Leicester, they just wanted it more 😞💔. Im sorry if i offended anyone in my rants, im still livid that we lost, this is how much i care about this team and how i want us to succeed, but football is like this. I don’t know how this group of players will react after this, but they need to do it asap if they still want to save this season.  Cheers

The worst is yet to come I'm afraid, last 2 matches made me very pessimistic.