Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

Followers 1

One result changes the whole feeling around the team. Awful performance for the most part and we literally gifted Arsenal the win.

Massive double header against Leicester now.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope, it's all about the final this season. Yes missing Champions League isn't ideal but it's not the absolute catastrophe that it would be for teams like Liverpool because I think Roman will sti

I doubt United would even care to be honest (beat Liverpool). They got CL secured and they want players to be fresh for the EL final. If we had beaten Arsenal, not only West Ham are out of the ra

That was a horrid cross from CHO. Showing why he isn't playing. 

We better win all our remaining games of our season for this to be forgiving.

3 minutes ago, Jas said:

After watching that, will say 2 things...

1. THANK FUCK WE WON AT CITY!

2. THIS SHOULD SERVE AS A BLOODY WAKE UP CALL AFTER ALL THE RECENT PRAISE AND WINS!

Losing at the right time. After beating Real Madrid and City we were on the clouds. Now go full speed next 3 games and week rest before CL final. 

Posted (edited)

Jesus that Arsenal defensive performance was well utter madness.

They almost got as lucky as some of our shit in the 2012 CL run also. I mean that hitting the bar twice thing was comical. I mean bar the lack of creativity we have utterly dominated them there in every other aspect of the game and whilst thats not always enough, how the fuck we haven’t scored some of those chances, not got a clue, mental. Although our creativity wasn’t great either. 

Season isn’t done yet though and this game isn’t as big as the Leicester one still. Even more so now. Plus see what happens tomorrow night with Liverpool-United, Ole has a decent record getting draws w Klopp despite being an absolutely average manager so who knows. 

If we lose v Leicester I would start worrying about the season going up in smoke. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
Just now, Jas said:

Not again, Tomo!

To put it another way, after Moscow did you take solace in our otherwise great record against United at the time?

Can't trust anyone to finish on this team....Definitely a team built to not concede early because if we do we are shit. 

Just now, Tomo said:

To put it another way, after Moscow did you take solace in our otherwise great record against United at the time?

I wasn't taking note back then!

Arteta sneaked past Chelsea and Man utd this season without being beaten. Thats the only trophy they'll celebrate this season .

Nothing to see here, the moment Gilmour was subbed off instead of that cocksucker from Brazilia it was dead meat.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Jesus that Arsenal defensive performance was well utter madness.

They almost got as lucky as some of our shit in the 2012 CL run also. I mean that hitting the bar twice thing was comical. I mean bar the lack of creativity we have utterly dominated them there in every other aspect of the game and whilst thats not always enough, how the fuck we haven’t scored some of those chances, not got a clue, mental. Although our creativity wasn’t great either. 

Season isn’t done yet though and this game isn’t as big as the Leicester one still. Plus see what happens tomorrow night.

This game was as big as the FA Cup final. Because now we must get 5 points in 2 games to guarantee 4th place.

If Pool beat United tomorrow we are in trouble.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

This game was as big as the FA Cup final. Because now we must get 5 points in 2 games to guarantee 4th place.

If Pool beat United tomorrow we are in trouble.

We need six as there is only two games left. Need Utd to do us a massive favour now.

Maybe this is what we needed as a team. We've been talked up the last week after battering Madrid and knocking off City as near invincible and this will hopefully bring us back down to ground and in full focus for the end of the season.

We responded well from the West Brom game and didn't really look back.

Time to go again, everything is still in our hands which we would have taken with both hands a few weeks ago.

Posted (edited)

This was not our best starting XI, but I understand why we rested a few players.

There were fairly poor performances everywhere. Yes, Jorginho made a costly mistake, which allowed arsenal to move to a super low block which reduces spaces for our pacy attackers. However, we had plenty of time to turn it around.

Thought Giroud and Alonso should have started the second half, but a lot easier in hindsight (and still no guarantees).

We are competing in too many fronts. There is a cost for that, but I still rather be in our situation than Arsenal's (or Liverpool) who are just thinking PL.

Edited by robsblubot
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we lose v Leicester I would start worrying about the season going up in smoke. 

if pool beat manure and we lose to leister in the epl

our top 4 hopes are hanging by a thread

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I think it's a calculated risk. If he looses The FA Cup final and CL final... his job is on the line even with top 4 secured. 

After that load of cack, if we blow top four as well, then his job might very well be on the line.

He took Arsendl too lightly and put more importance on the Cup than a CL place. Just  inexcusable from such an experienced manager!

Remember, he's only on an 18 month contract as well, so things are now very dodgy for him.

• Jase changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal